New Kings of Chaos tour November/December 2014

JoGer99

I'm atonished at how so many people can read future in this board.... how old are you, really??

Anyone who says NEVER learn it the bad way later in life.

NEVER SAY NEVER. AND NEVER SAY ALWAYS.

-- Free life lessons from a TinyRobot.

The more you say never about a reunion, the more dedicated you are to Axl, and the more GNR superfan points you get when you die and go to GNR superfan heaven. Fact.

Obviously, eventually Axl will release more music.

I just wish he was as excited about sharing his music with us as his millions of fans are.

It will suck to lose yet another band member because of Axl and The Beta's lack of interest in releasing music. I'm sure Ron loves the paychecks and the exposure. But he also seems like a dedicated musician who doesn't want to just be seen as a hired musician for GnR, but he wants to be a part of GnR. Meaning - writing and recording as band.

How long is Slash set to be on tour with Aerosmith? I doubt he'd kick Myles and the new album to the curb just to come back and "see" how things would work out with Axl and the boys. Would it be Matt or Adler? Would Izzy be willing to jump aboard and not quit again?

And what would it say about Axl's loyalty to the current band? Thanks Tommy for your 14 years of service. But I'm not going to release the music we worked on over the past decade. In fact, you are kicked out of the band now. Good luck to you.

There would be a LOT of things to work out before a reunion could happen.

I don't think it's obvious that Axl will release more music.

I think we'll get one more album.

But man. How disappointing is that as a fan of Axl Rose? Greatest singer of my generation (imo). But he has chosen to share such a small body of his work with his millions of fans. That really sucks for rock music as a whole.

Look at LA Guns. Had one song that was considered somewhat of a hit in Ballad of Jayne. Sold maybe 3-4 million total albums. Those guys released 14 studio albums.

Plus:

6 live albums

8 compilation albums

5 EPs

5 video albums

It just doesn't seem right that LA Guns have released that much music compared to what GnR has done.

• Like 1

Grog, I know how where this debate is heading. The nutters are going to bring the 'quantity over quality' debate and mention the fact that LA Guns are, ‘garbage‘, but, here is something to think about: Neil Young has released about two million albums with the astonishing statistic that, a great many of them are, masterpieces (which proves that the 'quantity v quality' debate is, academic) - one or two turds also but I am sure Rusties are quite willing to accept that scenario than be in the Gunners' shoes. I actually feel that, when artists’ release material regularly there work improves as they get on what can be called a, 'roll'. Their prior material sort of gives them a creative, impetus (for the next magnum opus). You see this constantly in music, great albums arriving in cycles (e.g. The Stones’ famous four-album-run beginning with Beggars and ending in Exile).

Axl has never had this. He has never allowed himself to have this.

• Like 1

I think it's possible, but I think it's just as possible if not more that we get nothing, at least not until he dies, as morbid as that is. My feel on the situation - and of course it's just as much speculation as anyone else's - is that Axl has no interest in putting himself out there again. CD crushed him and he's scared shitless to release more original work.

I think it's possible, but I think it's just as possible if not more that we get nothing, at least not until he dies, as morbid as that is. My feel on the situation - and of course it's just as much speculation as anyone else's - is that Axl has no interest in putting himself out there again. CD crushed him and he's scared shitless to release more original work.

You don't know what Axl is thinking. Recently he expressed his interest in releasing at least one more album. He was always insecure as a musician, but he can be insecure and still release more music.

You don't know what Axl is thinking. Recently he expressed his interest in releasing at least one more album. He was always insecure as a musician, but he can be insecure and still release more music.

None of us know what Axl is thinking. We're all guessing. I admit that openly in my post.

• Like 1

None of us know what Axl is thinking. We're all guessing. I admit that openly in my post.

(Some sort of) Reunion will happen before a new NuGNR album. Mark my words.

My guess is neither will happen. :(

We'll see. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Even if it's the Chinese leftovers shit, which I'm sure I'll hate, at least he'd be putting something out, at least we'd know he hadn't given up on life.

We'll see. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Even if it's the Chinese leftovers shit, which I'm sure I'll hate, at least he'd be putting something out, at least we'd know he hadn't given up on life.

I like your optimism: Nothing will happen, and if something does happen, it'll be awful anyway. You certainly have a lot to look forward to :lol:

• Like 1

We are not the only fanbase in this predicament:

http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=156275&page=22

The two great 1980s bands have turned into lazy fucks.

The difference being that Metallica had that magical four album run too. Five really, considering Black gets more respect out of hardcore fan circles, obviously.

Yeah, not saying it's gonna happen either. Just see Axl caving in for reunion money more possible than him growing some balls to put more of his woe is me ballads out there for people to listen.

You can't be sure you'll hate it. First you need to hear it. And fucking models, drinking, and partying is the opposite of giving up on life. It's celebrating it, which I think is the mode Axl is in. He said something like that on Kimmel about the last few years.

I like your optimism: Nothing will happen, and if something does happen, it'll be awful anyway. You certainly have a lot to look forward to :lol:

Shut up. :lol: I'm saying even if it's crap it'll make me happy enough that he still cares.

We are not the only fanbase in this predicament:

http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=156275&page=22

The two great 1980s bands have turned into lazy fucks.

The difference being that Metallica had that magical four album run too. Five really, considering Black gets more respect out of hardcore fan circles, obviously.

Well, for me that are four magical albums:

AFD, Lies, UYI I+II

• Like 2