New Kings of Chaos tour November/December 2014

JoGer99

What would happen if Axl agreed to do a one off with these guys,with Axl thinking it was without Slash?

Maybe play a couple or so songs,then go into Sweet Child with Slash rising up from under the stage a la' Ashba?

Oh how I would love to see Axl's reaction. What would he do?What would he say?Would he throw one of his little diva fits from the 90's?Would he punch out everyones' lights that were envolved?Just exactly what would happen?

If what Axl said is true. And he still stands firm on that. That would be the only way to ever get the two of them on the same damn fucking stage.

Edited by SweetRose

Really have to think this is in the works. Makes all the sense in the world.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves?

Do what? Post on a message board?

No.

Get your hopes up as you tell us you aren't getting your hopes up.

This is the RNR HOF all over again. All we heard how people weren't banking on it. Oh, they know it will never happen. They don't expect it.

Doesn't happen...then what? All those detached, grounded in reality people with no expectations went fuckin' apeshit.

• Like 1

No.

This is the RNR HOF all over again. All we heard how people weren't banking on it. Oh, they know it will never happen. They don't expect it.

Doesn't happen...then what? All those detached, grounded in reality people with no expectations went fuckin' apeshit.

The only expectation I have with nuGNR is no expectations, because they never do anything. If the options are:

(A) Reunion,

or

(B) Spend a year finding a new guitarist to replace Bumble, spending two years on a new leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour so he can learn the ropes, then spending 6 more years choosing which songs are going to be on CD2,

I just feel like Option A would be a lot easier for everyone concerned, and make a helluva lot more money.

No.

The HOF was a clusterfuck though. Can't really compare anything to it imo.

The only expectation I have with nuGNR is no expectations, because they never do anything. If the options are:

(A) Reunion,

or

(B) Spend a year finding a new guitarist to replace Bumble, spending two years on a new leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour so he can learn the ropes, then spending 6 more years choosing which songs are going to be on CD2,

I just feel like Option A would be a lot easier for everyone concerned, and make a helluva lot more money.

Yeah, but that has been the case for 15 years now. I don't see what's new about that situation.

Axl will never come through for us on that front. He's knows its the right thing, certainly from a business standpoint, but also in terms of legacy and goodwill.

But he just gives no fucks about any of it. I'm not sure why people find that so awesome and righteous. Its fucking retarded.

But it will never, ever, ever, ever change.

I'm atonished at how so many people can read future in this board.... how old are you, really??

Anyone who says NEVER learn it the bad way later in life.

NEVER SAY NEVER. AND NEVER SAY ALWAYS.

-- Free life lessons from a TinyRobot.

The more you say never about a reunion, the more dedicated you are to Axl, and the more GNR superfan points you get when you die and go to GNR superfan heaven. Fact.

That's interesting. It's like... wearing the never-reunion-never-Slash sign is what gives you free backstage passes, right?

Now I see why I never met my teen idols.

(A) Reunion,

or

Yeah, but that has been the case for 15 years now. I don't see what's new about that situation.

Axl will never come through for us on that front. He's knows its the right thing, certainly from a business standpoint, but also in terms of legacy and goodwill.

But he just gives no fucks about any of it. I'm not sure why people find that so awesome and righteous. Its fucking retarded.

Well, this particular KOC posting may or may not mean anything, and I think we can all agree Axl don't give a fuck. I just pointed out that it makes sense, because it makes so much fucking sense. As I have said many times in the past, I supported nuGNR for years, never was all that interested in a reunion, but they just continue to not do anything. Year after year. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. But another South American tribute to Appetite and Use Your Illusion, with expanded guitar duties for DJ Ashba, makes no sense whatsoever. Reunion is inevitable. IMO.

Edited by axlsalinger

(A) Reunion,

or

Well, this particular KOC posting may or may not mean anything, and I think we can all agree Axl don't give a fuck. I just pointed out that it makes sense, because it makes so much fucking sense. As I have said many times in the past, I supported nuGNR for years, never was all that interested in a reunion, but they just continue to not do anything. Year after year. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. But another South American tribute to Appetite and Use Your Illusion, with expanded guitar duties for DJ Ashba, makes no sense whatsoever. Reunion is inevitable. IMO.

I see it the other way around. A reunion is far less likely now with GNR being a glorified cover band with the sole purpose of paying for Axl's next Ferrari. Axl has all the control and likely recoups the lion share of all revenue/profit. Unless Slash/Duff/Izzy were willing to accept similar contracts that current GNR members (other than Axl, of course) are now required to sign, I don't see how a reunion happens.

If Axl and Slash were to ever bury the hatchet it would be by chance. I hope they do for their sake as carrying around grievances can't be healthy (it means fuck all to my life). I could even see Slash joining Axl on stage at some point for a song or two (and I put that possibility around five to ten percent). But an organized GNR reunion that's comprised of mostly AFD/UYI members? It will never happen. Too much money, egos, and resentment involved. Unless, of course, Axl strikes you as the kind of guy who wouldn't cut off his nose to spite his face.

Edited by downzy

slash woudnt want anything to do with axl

Seriously? Slash would kill to be in a room that Axl was in 10 minutes before. I know this cuz I know Slash and he's my best friend and we like to go to the park and fly kites and talk about Axl!

Axl hates--h-a-t-e-s--Slash. Slash doesn't hate, and probably has little (to no) ill will towards Axl.

:o