New Kings of Chaos tour November/December 2014

JoGer99

slash woudnt want anything to do with axl

Seriously? Slash would kill to be in a room that Axl was in 10 minutes before. I know this cuz I know Slash and he's my best friend and we like to go to the park and fly kites and talk about Axl!

Axl hates--h-a-t-e-s--Slash. Slash doesn't hate, and probably has little (to no) ill will towards Axl.

:o

There is no disputing that Axl hates Slash, and I feel there is very little room for disputing that Slash doesn't hate Axl. Slash has been touting passive aggressive comments at Axl for years (which have been discussed to death on these boards), and then there was the whole showing up to Axl's place in 2005 (if I remember the year correctly), hell he even jokingly called Axl a "little bastard" (and if memory serves me correct referred to him as "my boy" as well) in a radio interview in 2000 or 2001. Slash doesn't really show any deep disdain for Axl, like Axl shows for him.

With the above stated, and just being cognizant of both men's lives since the split, my opinion is that Slash would really like to bury the hatchet with Axl and move forward musically with him, and the fact that Axl doesn't feel the same way really does hurt Slash.

We discussed all this last April as we flew kites in Singapore. I decided against bringing my mom with us, so I saved him a little trouble.

well i was just saying that maybe slash wouldnt want anything to with axl anymore since maybe nuguns has been like a joke to slash (maybe) and maybe cuz axl wont stop hating slash (like you said). and slash also said he wants to focus on whats going on right now which is his myles thingy. but i mean its just my opinion, i just think a reunion is unlikely...

Seriously? Slash would kill to be in a room that Axl was in 10 minutes before. I know this cuz I know Slash and he's my best friend and we like to go to the park and fly kites and talk about Axl!

Axl hates--h-a-t-e-s--Slash. Slash doesn't hate, and probably has little (to no) ill will towards Axl.

There is no disputing that Axl hates Slash, and I feel there is very little room for disputing that Slash doesn't hate Axl. Slash has been touting passive aggressive comments at Axl for years (which have been discussed to death on these boards), and then there was the whole showing up to Axl's place in 2005 (if I remember the year correctly), hell he even jokingly called Axl a "little bastard" (and if memory serves me correct referred to him as "my boy" as well) in a radio interview in 2000 or 2001. Slash doesn't really show any deep disdain for Axl, like Axl shows for him.

With the above stated, and just being cognizant of both men's lives since the split, my opinion is that Slash would really like to bury the hatchet with Axl and move forward musically with him, and the fact that Axl doesn't feel the same way really does hurt Slash.

We discussed all this last April as we flew kites in Singapore. I decided against bringing my mom with us, so I saved him a little trouble.

well i was just saying that maybe slash wouldnt want anything to with axl anymore since maybe nuguns has been like a joke to slash (maybe) and maybe cuz axl wont stop hating slash (like you said). and slash also said he wants to focus on whats going on right now which is his myles thingy. but i mean its just my opinion, i just think a reunion is unlikely...

When Duff did the recent shows with Guns, Slash's comment about it seemed somewhat bitter which is understandable. I think he would have loved to be a guest in that capacity, like Duff was, or even record again a few songs with Axl. It's never going to happen though cause Axl hates Slash, and Slash won't do the public apology thing. (in my opinion never)

• Like 1

The Eagles are largely a business operation. Mick and Keith haven't been "mates" in 25-30 years.

Money talks with 99% of the business. Just not our guy. He'd rather be mad.

Hell yeah, it's called integrity.

To what end?

No one thinks he's showing all this integrity. They think he's being a stubborn and petty asshole. And with all the business sense of a guy opening winter coat warehouse store in Arizona.

He could maybe make this mystical "integrity" argument if he wasn't sitting on his ass, lo most of these past 15 years. If he had 3 albums over that time he could point to, people might at least hear him out.

Absent that? No one sees integrity. They see a guy that cocked it all up.

He could maybe make this mystical "integrity" argument if he wasn't sitting on his ass, lo most of these past 15 years. If he had 3 albums over that time he could point to, people might at least hear him out.

Integrity is about not compromising with one's values. If Axl refuses to reconcile with someone despite people calling him a "petty asshole" for not doing so, and despite losing revenues as a result, then that speaks of integrity whether you or I like the outcome of the decision.

Sitting on his ass and being unproductive only means he loses integrity if releasing records was the most important thing to him, something it clearly isn't.

Integrity is about not compromising with one's values. If Axl refuses to reconcile with someone despite people calling him a "petty asshole" for not doing so, and despite losing revenues as a result, then that speaks of integrity whether you or I like the outcome of the decision.

Sitting on his ass and being unproductive only means he loses integrity if releasing records was the most important thing to him, something it clearly isn't.

Exactly. My "integrity" comment was in reference to the money factor. It was said that "Money talks with 99% of the business. Not our guy. He'd rather be mad."

But it's not being mad, he's not going to look past all of the bad blood for a huge paycheck. That's integrity. Christ, he doesn't even need the money. Why reunite if there's been no personal or emotional connection again?

When Duff did the recent shows with Guns, Slash's comment about it seemed somewhat bitter which is understandable. I think he would have loved to be a guest in that capacity, like Duff was, or even record again a few songs with Axl. It's never going to happen though cause Axl hates Slash, and Slash won't do the public apology thing. (in my opinion never)

wait slash has to apologize for what now..??

wait slash has to apologize for what now..??

Marc said Axl would like a public apology made by Slash. Any potential collaboration is conditioned by this apology.

In a recent interview Gilby told Eddie Trunck that Duff wanted Axl to make peace or something like that , I'm not sure anybody got the video ?

Gilby starts talking about GN'R around 14 minutes or so. He says that Duff is the one who wants to make peace between the "two camps," and that he doesn't know if Duff constructing that bridge is supposed to lead to something in the future.

Well the guys in this caurrent band are not Axl´s friends either. They are just hired guys. They get paid to be on stage with Axl. They just follow Axl´s orders and in doing so they make Axl happy. The only friends Axl has are Duff and maybe Izzy too.

I´m not asking Axl and Slash to be together if they hate each other. I don´t have a problem to see Axl performing with whoever he wants. But I ask him not to call his band Guns N´Roses because it is not.

• Like 2

You know that, psychologically speaking, "hate" and "love", sometimes, are the same thing.

That being said, I conclude that the actual "disdain" that you're talking about, might be from Slash towards Axl, and not he opposite.

Edited by Todo Poderoso Timão

I hate to be negative, but LOL integrity.

If Axl had integrity, he wouldn't have an emo Slash lite wannabe onstage with him, butchering the 90% Greatest Hits package he rolls out...you know, the guy with all the Monster Energy Drink product placement that uses the GNR name to push his rubbish products?

Edited by DR DOOM

It seems impossible but then in the last ten years Pink Floyd, Cream and Led Zeppelin reunions happened so I guess lots of pigs have been flying around :lol:

If Axl doesn't want to make new music it is the next logical step, only so many times he can tour the same show and draw big crowds. It would probably mean no new music though which would be a shame. I guess with Axl and Slash playing the songs in arrangements that are pretty much the same as the originals a reunion tour lacks that real element of excitement for me.

Part of the reason the Zeppelin reunion was so awesome is that Page hadn't played live properly for the best part of a decade and Plant rearranges the songs to better fit his (then) current vibe so it was the first opportunity in so long to hear the songs the classic way.

If GN'R did get together it would be great if they did what Sabbath (well 3/4 of Sabbath anyway!) did and make a new record so it doesn't just seem like a cash grab nostalgia tour.

Still, whilst it will probably never happen it would be awesome to see the guys together again on stage. Duff coming back made me the most excited I've been about nuGN'R shows in quite a while!

Edited by BassistSeb

Sabbath's album was a stinker though, sure it sold well but it's a very disappointing album.

As a Sabbath fan I wish they hadn't made it...the official line had always been that they wouldn't do an album if it was just for the sake of it and that's exactly what they ended up doing, Bill not being involved just made it worse.

Sabbath's album was a stinker though, sure it sold well but it's a very disappointing album.

As a Sabbath fan I wish they hadn't made it...the official line had always been that they wouldn't do an album if it was just for the sake of it and that's exactly what they ended up doing, Bill not being involved just made it worse.

Yeah, I'm still divided on it . On the one hand I actually really like it but it is Sabbath by numbers. It just seems that Rick Rubin did what he did with every band, gets them to listen to their biggest records and then says "now do that." Bill not being part of it was disappointing but I enjoyed the show I saw last month. Kind of funny though that Heaven & Hell couldn't be called Black Sabbath yet that was a reunion of a lineup that had played under the BS name.

Yeah, I'm still divided on it . On the one hand I actually really like it but it is Sabbath by numbers. It just seems that Rick Rubin did what he did with every band, gets them to listen to their biggest records and then says "now do that." Bill not being part of it was disappointing but I enjoyed the show I saw last month. Kind of funny though that Heaven & Hell couldn't be called Black Sabbath yet that was a reunion of a lineup that had played under the BS name.

Right on man, unfortunately the Osbournes own the Sabbath name so the Dio era couldn't use it.

I never thought I'd not be psyched for a new Ozzy Sabbath album but besides a couple of songs it just sounded tired ( thanks to Ozzy) and rehashed.

You'd think Guns ( if Slash Duff and Izzy came back ) would be crucified if they put out a rehash album but maybe going off 13 it wouldn't matter, it would sell like hotcakes.

I'd hate to hear a WTTJ part 2, but better Slash than Ashba...

To me it's one of the best albums in the last 10 years easily

I love most of the tunes and they are very Black Sabbath-ish

Tonys guitarsound and playing is phenomenal

Edited by Free Bird

I also really likes 13 :shrugs:

Even if it was Sabbath by the numbers, who cares? They were good sounding, classic Sabbath tunes

It just doesn't hold a candle to all the albums they did with Ozzy the first time around.

Since the first serious reunion in 97, they always said they didn't want to tarnish the legacy by putting out an album that didn't stack up to the 70's catalogue...and 13 doesn't stack up.

Sabbath (with Ozzy) are a bit different because they didn't stay together and make mediocre albums ( like Zeppelin) - for me the upsetting factor isn't that 13 isn't amazing it is that they went back on their word and just did an album for the sake of it.

Guns ( with Slash) would sort of be in the same boat, TSI? aside they didn't make a shitty album and to come back with one just cause they can would tarnish the legacy.

I also really likes 13 :shrugs:

Even if it was Sabbath by the numbers, who cares? They were good sounding, classic Sabbath tunes

It just doesn't hold a candle to all the albums they did with Ozzy the first time around.

Since the first serious reunion in 97, they always said they didn't want to tarnish the legacy by putting out an album that didn't stack up to the 70's catalogue...and 13 doesn't stack up.

Sabbath (with Ozzy) are a bit different because they didn't stay together and make mediocre albums ( like Zeppelin) - for me the upsetting factor isn't that 13 isn't amazing it is that they went back on their word and just did an album for the sake of it.

Guns ( with Slash) would sort of be in the same boat, TSI? aside they didn't make a shitty album and to come back with one just cause they can would tarnish the legacy.

Now imagine Slash's riffs and solos along to Axl's vocals. I think they still could do it with the help of Izzy of course :)