Dear Fermanager,

Fernando,

Have you and Axl seen the thread here called GNR The MS Paint Comic?

It is a GNR comic created by your most loyal fans and vicious critics (often one and the same)

Can you ask Axl to pick his favourite drawing? The winner gets a GNR scented candle. I am sure you could find at least one of those in the vault somewhere.

umm, surely we should be doing our best to make sure Axl never ever sees that thread! :D

• Like 1

Great answers by Fernando but dude, Brazilian is not a race. There was never a single racist post allowed in this forum.

By great answers I mean funny not informative. Still, a fun surprise. Still have the feeling gnr is done. This is damage control, it happens every time the band gets into a shitty uncertain status. Please don't remove this.

Good point. Brazilian is no more a 'race' than the 'United States' is a race.

Great answers by Fernando but dude, Brazilian is not a race. There was never a single racist post allowed in this forum.

By great answers I mean funny not informative. Still, a fun surprise. Still have the feeling gnr is done. This is damage control, it happens every time the band gets into a shitty uncertain status. Please don't remove this.

Good point. Brazilian is no more a 'race' than the 'United States' is a race.

Shut your face you Limey bastard!

• Like 1

4. As a die hard fan, and a collector of memorabilia is there any plans to release any kind of official signed memorabilia from Axl? I personally don't trust eBay and as a real fan if there was sonething officially released on the website of be inclined to buy it.

Topps cards.

Props to Fernando for actually stopping by. Not trying to be an ass kisser as everybody knows I'm hardly a fan of this operation, but yeah, props for giving a wet fart just to stop by for a change.

Honestly the racism shit is still as baffling to me as it was when he brought it up two years ago. Like where? Can you provide any context? I've been here almost on daily basis for at least a couple minutes of my spare time since Summer 2011. And I've yet to see anything that can really be deemed racist :shrugs:. Harsh? Sure. Disrespectful? Ok, at certain times I suppose. But racist? Huh? Afraid you've lost the lot of us with that one.

I know you can't/won't answer the lot of what I really want to ask you, so I won't waste yours or my time.

It's obvious what he means by racism, the constant reference to them by their nationality, all that stuff taking the mickey out of that weird South American tranny that held up that funny banner a whiles back, mimicking her misspelled/misphrased stuff and other assorted shit of that nature, I just find it a bit fuckin' hilairious being as how, as previously stated, the bloke who pays his wages wrote One in a Million. I guess a mans sense of dignity and racial pride comes with a price tag.

Fernando, I understand why you prefer to post at HTGTH. Some of the personal shit that's said round here is over the line.

But can you see why this forum is so much more popular than HTGTH? Because it's a forum to vent. That fact alone tells you how most guns fans feel about the band.

Fernando -

You probably won't come back here anytime soon and thus probably won't read this anytime soon
But even the 'few' you talk about who engage in racism or hateful posts aren't really doing it out of 'hate' for you, Axl, or your family. I don't think anyone really hates Axl or his family. But it comes from a great deal of frustration. For years, a lot of the 'hateful' people were loyal supporters, some were even ardent defenders, of Axl.

From an objective standpoint, you have to understand how divisive Axl continuing the GN'R name without Slash, Duff or Izzy being there is for some people - and yet many of the 'haters' today were at one time either supportive or open to it. I think a lot of these wounds have festered because of a lack of communication, and because of remarks made, at one time or another, that seemed to indicate that TB viewed/views the fanbase as enemies.

There's also people who feel burned and embarrassed, that they supported Axl even in what seemed to be a dubious idea - continuing GN'R - only to have what they see as embarassment after embarassment (one album since Slash and Duff left; VMAs 2002, cancelled tour, Rio 2011, etc).

A lot of the people here you see being hateful, they want to see Axl at his best. They want to see Axl being productive and really showing the rock world who the best frontman still is. In their eyes, instead, for the last few years, Axl has gotten out of shape, and hasn't seemed to really give his all. This is a guy who has 'victory or death' tattooed on him - to see him 'half ass' it is kinda like, for one, where is that guy, where is the fire? Secondly, it feels offensive to the fans who do pay for tickets, to see Axl either stammer through a song or sound like 'Mickey'.

When Axl talked up 'new Guns' as it began, he talked about it being a vision. Basically, taking Guns further than Slash was willing to. But instead, from our POV, Axl's only done one record in the 19 years since Slash quit, and he has the band playing mainly the hits by the old band in Vegas Residencies, reminiscent of Elvis' latter days. We don't want to see Axl reduced to a nostalgia act, not when he's still relatively a young man.

The people here who come off hateful, are just angry because they see Axl not using his talent. Not being willing to speak with us and let us know what's what, which shouldn't be TOO hard for him. And as far as the 'racism' goes? This is a band who released a song that has lines which are against black people, immigrants and homosexuals - of course there's gonna be some fans who are racist, and unfortunately, due to your closeness to Axl and the fact that your mother manages the band, people ultimately blame her and scapegoat her for Axl's decisions (similar to the way people blame Yoko Ono for the Beatles' breakup).

But genuine hatred here? No. But genuine frustration, yes.

• Like 3

It's obvious what he means by racism, the constant reference to them by their nationality, all that stuff taking the mickey out of that weird South American tranny that held up that funny banner a whiles back, mimicking her misspelled/misphrased stuff and other assorted shit of that nature, I just find it a bit fuckin' hilairious being as how, as previously stated, the bloke who pays his wages wrote One in a Million. I guess a mans sense of dignity and racial pride comes with a price tag.

Although it is fairly light stuff really. It is not as if anyone has insulted Pele!

Guest MikeHunt

Fermanager has agreed to answer 5 questions for Double Talkin' Jive News.

I will post the 5 questions here in a bit. Hopefully this will lead to DTJN becoming the official mouthpiece for GNR on the intertubes.

Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Fernando. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions from fans and thanks to magisme for organising this thread.

Question: Have you heard any future unreleased material and how long do you think its off being released?

Fernando -

You probably won't come back here anytime soon and thus probably won't read this anytime soon

But even the 'few' you talk about who engage in racism or hateful posts aren't really doing it out of 'hate' for you, Axl, or your family. I don't think anyone really hates Axl or his family. But it comes from a great deal of frustration. For years, a lot of the 'hateful' people were loyal supporters, some were even ardent defenders, of Axl.

From an objective standpoint, you have to understand how divisive Axl continuing the GN'R name without Slash, Duff or Izzy being there is for some people - and yet many of the 'haters' today were at one time either supportive or open to it. I think a lot of these wounds have festered because of a lack of communication, and because of remarks made, at one time or another, that seemed to indicate that TB viewed/views the fanbase as enemies.

There's also people who feel burned and embarrassed, that they supported Axl even in what seemed to be a dubious idea - continuing GN'R - only to have what they see as embarassment after embarassment (one album since Slash and Duff left; VMAs 2002, cancelled tour, Rio 2011, etc).

A lot of the people here you see being hateful, they want to see Axl at his best. They want to see Axl being productive and really showing the rock world who the best frontman still is. In their eyes, instead, for the last few years, Axl has gotten out of shape, and hasn't seemed to really give his all. This is a guy who has 'victory or death' tattooed on him - to see him 'half ass' it is kinda like, for one, where is that guy, where is the fire? Secondly, it feels offensive to the fans who do pay for tickets, to see Axl either stammer through a song or sound like 'Mickey'.

When Axl talked up 'new Guns' as it began, he talked about it being a vision. Basically, taking Guns further than Slash was willing to. But instead, from our POV, Axl's only done one record in the 19 years since Slash quit, and he has the band playing mainly the hits by the old band in Vegas Residencies, reminiscent of Elvis' latter days. We don't want to see Axl reduced to a nostalgia act, not when he's still relatively a young man.

The people here who come off hateful, are just angry because they see Axl not using his talent. Not being willing to speak with us and let us know what's what, which shouldn't be TOO hard for him. And as far as the 'racism' goes? This is a band who released a song that has lines which are against black people, immigrants and homosexuals - of course there's gonna be some fans who are racist, and unfortunately, due to your closeness to Axl and the fact that your mother manages the band, people ultimately blame her and scapegoat her for Axl's decisions (similar to the way people blame Yoko Ono for the Beatles' breakup).

Don't you just love it when the posters get all psychological on em once a 'someone' turns up and then fucks off? :lol:

You get the disgrunted approach, the 'oh i know what you've been through cuz of the abuse on these forums, i sympathise' approach, the 'i wannabe your best friend' approach.

Not in the least bit obvious, any of it :lol:

:lol:

Fernando,

Has Axl ever been tempted to shop Len above to Homeland Security?

Fuckin' racist :lol: See look, this is why management don't post around here :lol: They've had news piling up for the last 7 years and then people like you come along and spoil it for everyone!

• Like 1

Fernando -

Absolutely fucking fantastic post that sums up my feelings exactly, and no doubt most others' on here. I was the most ardent, loyal, die-hard supporter and defender of 'new Guns' and still would be if Axl put out music, videos and toured it with the fire of 2010.

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 1

Hey Fernando

Can´t you tell Axl to come to Sweden Rock 2016 ? I don´t care what guitarist he uses, if he gets on stage after 3 hours (it is just to take a couple of more beers while you are waiting) , if he doesnt sound exacly as on the record or what he wears ( seems like some guys think it is a beuty contest and not a rock concert ).

Will the next album be called Iranian Democracy?

Will we see a 2016 Islamic Republic of Iran Tour?

Will Metallica be joining Guns N' Roses at Azadi Stadium?

Is Axl a fan of Bobby Sands Burgers in Tehran?

• Like 4

As we all know Axl is a big fan of the Trailer park boys. Is there a possibility that he could do a cameo on the series, just like Sebastian Bach did? Has it ever been discusssed about? Would it be something that Axl would be interested in?