Rumoured Gig in Lisbon for 2016 with original Line Up - LINK to story

Its true,in spain several promoters said that they were ofered to contract Gnr with the original lineup for 1 million dollars.There is no confirmation but a known metal journalist from spain said that,

+1

It's a matter of time before they announce it.

A whole one and a half million dollars?

Is the concert promoter Dr Evil? :lol:

See potential here.[/quote

Didn't slash and friends get 1.5mil to play oversees before he put out the solo album? Seems low to me.

I was refering to the One and Half Million you know that you are. You know we tried to pay you but you were much too shy, you were much shy-a-a-aaaiii.

I read once that they were getting 1 mil per member per show at some point? Maybe Rio? But a lof it got soaked up by their lifestyle, late fees and Axl theme parties he never attended. So Slash said he basically made no money off the Illusion tours.

Edited by wasted

Again like I've said in previous posts the simple fact that Axl himself has not yet squashed these rumors is all the clarification we need. He was always quick to do so in the past as to not "distract from our current" intentions with "this lineup" 99% this is happening. Ron keeping his mouth shut about not being in Guns anymore as a "favor" to someone was because nobody wanted reunion rumors to start. I think this was all supposed to be kept hush hush until the new year and then members would have started to announce their departure but the Slash interview was a bit too premature and put the wheels into motion earlier than expected. If it's one thing we know about Axl is that he keeps his mouth shut and then just surprises everyone. This is happening guys. Start saving your money.

Again like I've said in previous posts the simple fact that Axl himself has not yet squashed these rumors is all the clarification we need. He was always quick to do so in the past as to not "distract from our current" intentions with "this lineup" 99% this is happening. Ron keeping his mouth shut about not being in Guns anymore as a "favor" to someone was because nobody wanted reunion rumors to start. I think this was all supposed to be kept hush hush until the new year and then members would have started to announce their departure but the Slash interview was a bit too premature and put the wheels into motion earlier than expected. If it's one thing we know about Axl is that he keeps his mouth shut and then just surprises everyone. This is happening guys. Start saving your money.

Wr1KLcD.gif

• Like 2

Agree 99% with you. The only way I see it not happening is bc Axl knows he doesn't have any current intentions for the band and so if you dispel reunion rumors then all he has is Frank and Fortus...which makes everyone say "so you're retired then?"

If Axl's agent is smart then right now they are looking at offers and building a tour around these offers. Piecing together the money and putting their name in the hat. That way you can say starting in March you will go on a 9 month world tour with a guarantee of X amount of dollars. Check with your guys and see if that works Mr.Rose.

The money show would be if someone can get the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and GNR at one monster show. That would be insane, but highly unlikely.

I just hope that whatever happens we see the best of Axl Rose. He needs an exclamation mark on the end of his career. He's one of the greatest in my opinion.

The pay DOES seem low, but then again, Slash, Duff, and Steven have all said the reunion wouldn't be about the money.

Izzy is a wild card of course, but I could see him not caring so much about the money either. I mean, the dude's living off AFD and GNRL and UYL money while racing trucks in Baja, so I don't think he's too concerned about that. Steven would do it for free.

If it's the Axl/Slash/Duff/Dizzy/Richard/Frank lineup, I think Fortus and Frank take the money and go along with the occasion.

It's been picked up by Ultimate Guitar..

According to a new report from Blitz, the massively-anticipated and massively-rumored reunion of the classic Guns N' Roses lineup will happen next year, with the first show set to take place in Portugal in early 2016.

The source points out that one of the country's "top promoters" went to London to negotiate a $1.5 million deal for a two-hour live concert by the band.

When it comes to notable festivals that might host the show, Rock in Rio Lisboa will take place in May for five days between May 20 and 28, while the Super Bock Super Rock festival has been scheduled between July 14 and 16.

Additionally, the source noted that there are ongoing negotiations for various classic GN'R dates, which matches the previous report about the group gearing up to embark on a $100 million comeback tour. Stay tuned for updates.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_first_classic_gnr_reunion_show_will_take_place_next_year_in_portugal_band_to_be_paid_15m.html

• Like 1

None of these stories excite me or interest me anymore because truthfully I'm pretty much convinced 100% that a reunion is coming and we just gotta wait now. It will happen so until an official announcement is made none of this matters. In the past it was fun because none of it ever seemed possible so any sign or rumor was reason to rasi your eye brows and think Hmmmmm... but now at least in my mind it's a forgone conclusion so.... patience now is the key

:lol: That's the first time I think I have ever said such a thing. We just gotta have a little patiene everyone. Hang in there!

• Like 2

$1.5 million seems pretty low, unless it's $1.5 each. Split $1.5 million 3 or 4 or 5 ways and that's really not a lot of money.

$300,00 to perform a two hour show.....that seems like not much money to you?

This is 2015.

If Axl had disappeared from 1995 through 2005, with no public appearances - then a 2005 reunion might garner more money than that.

$1.5 million seems pretty low, unless it's $1.5 each. Split $1.5 million 3 or 4 or 5 ways and that's really not a lot of money.

This is 2015.

If Axl had disappeared from 1995 through 2005, with no public appearances - then a 2005 reunion might garner more money than that.

This is 2015.

This is 2015.

I was going to say something like this.For those who think that is a low price in my opinion you are not realistic.Yes that reunion will be crazy but Gnr havent make anything to look for younger fans,this is not 92 those people that attended to illusions tour have families and they are into other things.

If you compare to Iron Maiden,they have a new legion of fans,their shows are full of young people.Bon Jovi is paid 1 million so that could be the level.Maybe if reunion is stable and they put a great record they could be at the level they left in 92 but we can not expect them to reunite and be at same level as 92.

I expect Gnr play in bigger stadiums than 2001-2014 but in Europe i dont see Gnr playing in wembley or something like that

Reunion is happening as i said before a spanish journalist has said that promoters have confirmed that have offers to bring to spain Gnr with the original line up

This is 2015.

Besides being split (however many ways) this hypothetical $1.5 million would also have to pay for the crew, logistics etc etc etc...I'm not trying to suggest the OP is full of shit but it does seem like a very small sum for what we're talking about here.

Don't get me wrong, I know it isn't 1992...but that's a pretty lousy carrot to dangle.

Could they deliver a worthy reunion album?

Yes.

:headbang:

If Izzy is on board, I'm pretty confident they can deliver a pretty good album.

Honestly the only thing that would matter is if they collaborate, not just play on each others songs. It could be slash & izzy, slash & gilby, slash & fortus, slash & dave kushner, they just have to work on songs together (with Duff & Axl equally in the mix). If its just slash playing on Axl's track or Axl just singing on Slash's track etc, it would just be another UYI situation (excluding the songs that were written before UYI like Yesterdays, The Garden, Don't Cry, Back Off Bitch and whatever else).

I mean, instrumentation wise, Slash's song's as a whole (except By The Sword) aren't as great (good, but not great) as a VR song from Contraband (where Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Kushner all worked together (maybe Matt too))

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

This is 2015.

Besides being split (however many ways) this hypothetical $1.5 million would also have to pay for the crew, logistics etc etc etc...I'm not trying to suggest the OP is full of shit but it does seem like a very small sum for what we're talking about here.

Don't get me wrong, I know it isn't 1992...but that's a pretty lousy carrot to dangle.

1.5 million + a % of the tickets sold maybe.