07/06/16 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium (Steven Adler 2 Songs)

downzy

3 hours ago, Albertr212 said:

Hey guys... wow I am finally able to post! 

I was at the Cincinnati show and I am still in shock to how amazing that night was! I was the one who posted the video of the bow with Steven at the end on YouTube and also the picture of him pointing was a screen shot I took from that video.

I was able to grab a few lithographs and get the rail on Slash's side since I got there early and boy I'm sure glad I did! 

When Steven came out I couldn't believe what was happening....the fact that I was pretty much almost seeing the classic line up play some Appetite songs was mind blowing to say the least.

I recorded a lot of footage but haven't gotten around to uploading it yet. 

Best part of the night right along with seeing Steven on stage was that I was able to catch Slash's pick! 

Great video of Steven and great pic of Slash... It must have been surreal happening those two things to you in the same night!!!:D

23 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It does matter, of course it does. If Mick Jagger blubbered up and came out to sing for The Stones looking like a balloon with lips, then everyone would laugh their heads off. 

Axl is currently in two of the biggest bands on the planet, playing to hundreds of thousands of people between them, he is all over the rock music media. In that case, I don't think it's unreasonable for his fans to want him to look the best he can. Casual fans will look on social media and see a fat ginger guy, sad but true. They need those casuals to turn up for these concerts. So, yes I think it matters. 

It kinda says it all about the shallowness of the general public and particular fans. This is not NKOTB. It was always about music. Yes, they did look good back in the day (neither their fault nor achievement really) but most of all they were artists and they made their career on music, maybe music and attitude, but not on looks. And for music they should be judged. It's just sad that our culture has become so obssessed with appearances and so shallow that somebody is bothered by the fact that a great 54-year old musician has some belly to him and isn't looking 20 anymore. It's ridiculous, really.

Am I the only one noticing that the rasp is coming back in places it hasn't been in the previous concerts of the tour? Seems like he's using it more. That Civil War performance had a lot of rasp compared to previous performances. He just sounds quite good man. Steven also made such a difference to those songs. 

Edited by Jw224

17 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I think this hasn't been posted yet. Civil War :headbang:. That voice :drool:

This video is fucking awesome.

Mickey is still present but rasp has been slowly dominating Civil War.  At this point the song is sounding like in the old days with the exception of very few weak lines.  That, and a slightly thinner guitar tone.

Civil War is one of my favorite songs ever.  I always listen to 1992 performances, with Chile '92 being my favorite.  Funny enough, whenever I'm listening to other '92 performances I always expect the silence after "...they shot Kennedy" followed by that Axl rant we all have already heard.  This is something that never happened with renditions of the song performed by Axl's band.  The difference in Axl's vocals and guitar parts were so distant that it was like a SNL parody of it.  Just awful.

With the few performances of Guns this year, it didn't happen either.  Civil War was a weak spot for Axl... until now.  That video sounds very close to REAL Guns that most of the time you couldn't tell if it's from the old days or not.  It is unreal.

I hope Axl keeps getting better.  I'm loving and enjoying every second of this tour!  :heart:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Great video of Steven and great pic of Slash... It must have been surreal happening those two things to you in the same night!!!:D

Oh yeah it was amazing! To think I almost chose to go to the Chicago show instead of this one.

I've seen some pictures posted here of a girl who went backstage and met Steven and Axl.....well that girl was in the group right next to me!

Man I couldn't believe her luck. First there was a roadie (I think?) who during the start of the show just walked by and quickly slipped her the backstage pass. Don't know why she got one but seeing her Instagram page now I see that she is a big fan and has met them before but in the moment I thought it was because she was attractive and well that's what roadies do sometimes. She had a night rain pass on too but most of the people around me had it on with the shirt and they didn't get anything  

Then after My Michelle Steven threw one of his drum sticks right where we were standing. If he had thrown it alittle harder it would have landed right in my hands but sadly it didn't and it landed in the space in front of the stage behind the rail. So here comes the roadie and picks it up and gives it right to her. I just gave her a high five and told her if I could take a picture of her with it after the show and she said sure! So once the show ended and the lights came on I did. Now that I think about it I regret not taking a picture of just the stick as well haha damn....my adrenaline was just so high after seeing the show that I couldn't think straight. 

Here is the picture I took of her with it:

image.jpeg

Edited by Albertr212
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Albertr212 said:

Oh yeah it was amazing! To think I almost chose to go to the Chicago show instead of this one.

I've seen some pictures posted here of a girl who went backstage and met Steven and Axl.....well that girl was in the group right next to me!

Man I couldn't believe her luck. First there was a roadie (I think?) who during the start of the show just walked by and quickly slipped her the backstage pass. Don't know why she got one but seeing her Instagram page now I see that she is a big fan and has met them before but in the moment I thought it was because she was attractive and well that's what roadies do sometimes. She had a night rain pass on too but most of the people around me had it on with the shirt and they didn't get anything  

Then after My Michelle Steven threw one of his drum sticks right where we were standing. If he had thrown it alittle harder it would have landed right in my hands but sadly it didn't and it landed in the space in front of the stage behind the rail. So here comes the roadie and picks it up and gives it right to her. I just gave her a high five and told her if I could take a picture of her with it after the show and she said sure! So once the show ended and the lights came on I did. Now that I think about it I regret not taking a picture of just the stick as well haha damn....my adrenaline was just so high after seeing the show that I couldn't think straight. 

Are you in this pic?  This was posted by Thomas Bryant & The Shakedown on Facebook:

13606874_10150660048804987_1735391128425

1 hour ago, Albertr212 said:

image.jpeg

What the hell is the chances of that?? Is she the only one that got to go backstage? Anyone who was hanging by the gates after the show know if any other guys ended up coming out?? Besides Adler?

i was in row 2 directly behind the pit and had my fanclub lanyard on and my sign. I was so hoping and wishing to get noticed! To meet Axl.. Well that would be a dream come true. I was trying to walk around as much as I could to try and get noticed but well.. Ya know how it goes. I wonder if she was by herself? Plus the fact that's she met them before?! Ugh the luck.??

Hey guys! I didn't get to meet any of the band but me and my sign made it on GNR's website!! Anyone know how I can buy a print??

check it out! Maybe Axl or Slash will see it and be like "hey who is that cool ass fan?! I would like to give her some passes" lol?? I'm just happy someone caught this cool ass shot.

image.png

image.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bhrose87 said:

Hey guys! I didn't get to meet any of the band but me and my sign made it on GNR's website!! Anyone know how I can buy a print??

check it out! Maybe Axl or Slash will see it and be like "hey who is that cool ass fan?! I would like to give her some passes" lol?? I'm just happy someone caught this cool ass shot.

image.png

image.jpeg

Thats perfect for this Tour N' Reunion actually

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bhrose87 said:

What the hell is the chances of that?? Is she the only one that got to go backstage? Anyone who was hanging by the gates after the show know if any other guys ended up coming out?? Besides Adler?

i was in row 2 directly behind the pit and had my fanclub lanyard on and my sign. I was so hoping and wishing to get noticed! To meet Axl.. Well that would be a dream come true. I was trying to walk around as much as I could to try and get noticed but well.. Ya know how it goes. I wonder if she was by herself? Plus the fact that's she met them before?! Ugh the luck.??

Ahh I know! To this day I'm still imagining what it would have been like to catch that drum stick. Luckily I did get one of Slash's picks so at least there's that!

I'm guessing she was not by herself since she called the person right next to me her girl when she went out to do something to save her spot. I don't know if anyone else got to go back with her but ahh I know I wish I could have met them too. Although all of them were so close to me I pretty much felt like I did meet them in a way  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albertr212 said:

Wow yeah! I'm the Hispanic guy (looking kind of surprised for some reason) in that picture right next to the girl in the red just barely sticking my head out. What a bad picture of me haha

I'm guessing you're from Indy? I drove from Noblesville to the show!

Yah lol, I'm actually from Noblesville too.  Sitting in the Firehouse Subs by Meijer having a sandwich at the moment.

small world!

14 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

guys 

this is the most touching story i've seen of how GNR formed 

adler meeting axl/izzy etc starting around 4:30

he said "magical'! this is a key word for me with the real GN'R, when they are together it's magic :wub: this is great, thank for posting!

3 hours ago, Albertr212 said:

image.jpeg

@Italian girl @Andy14 and @MillionsOfSpiders Now you girls need to wear shorts and a short top and I need to be next to you, thats how we will go backstage! lol

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@Italian girl @Andy14 and @MillionsOfSpiders Now you girls need to wear shorts and a short top and I need to be next to you, thats how we will go backstage! lol

Sounds like a plan :shades:. They are supposed to come to Europe next year, so we still have time to find out the best strategy to get backstage :ph34r:

Btw. Are you planning to wear shorts and short top too? :smiley-confused2:

Just now, Andy14 said:

Sounds like a plan :shades:. They are supposed to come to Europe next year, so we still have time to find out the best strategy to get backstage :ph34r:

Btw. Are you planning to wear shorts and short top too? :smiley-confused2:

I was thinking about having a sex change, but im too fat for that :P

3 hours ago, bhrose87 said:

From what she told somewhere else, it was her and other 4 girls who made it backstage.

As I said before, it all comes down to Andrei's decision or someone else who tells him who to pick. There are thousands of people there, I'm sure lots of good looking girls but they can't pick everybody so that's when I think LUCK plays a big role, but also it may be connections, fan activity in the official forum or other official GNR accounts and of course, looking as good as her!

8 hours ago, Asia said:

It kinda says it all about the shallowness of the general public and particular fans. This is not NKOTB. It was always about music. Yes, they did look good back in the day (neither their fault nor achievement really) but most of all they were artists and they made their career on music, maybe music and attitude, but not on looks. And for music they should be judged.

Axl DID use his looks to benefit his career. It is odd you never noticed this (or there may be reasons behind) but just check the GNR Women's thread in the Jungle section and your whole theory will get debunked in a second.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I was thinking about having a sex change, but im too fat for that :P

You can start workout with Axl lol 

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

From what she told somewhere else, it was her and other 4 girls who made it backstage.

As I said before, it all comes down to Andrei's decision or someone else who tells him who to pick. There are thousands of people there, I'm sure lots of good looking girls but they can't pick everybody so that's when I think LUCK plays a big role, but also it may be connections, fan activity in the official forum or other official GNR accounts and of course, looking as good as her!

Omfg, fan activity....my chances have just dropped to zero :rofl-lol: #women'sthreadforever

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Ha ha, I would help you guys all I can, but I'm about 10 years overage for the freak show guy to let me backstage. No worries though, I'll prop up the bar till you get you back ;)

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1