Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

My litho archive might be a bit behind.  I've only included the lithos for performances.  I figured those are the only ones that really count.  And only official ones sold at the merch booths, not that garbage like the Pirates of the Caribbean fanmade one.

What do you guys think?  Are those fringe lithos "official?"  Still no idea if that Orlando heart one was real or not.

4 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

My litho archive might be a bit behind.  I've only included the lithos for performances.  I figured those are the only ones that really count.  And only official ones sold at the merch booths, not that garbage like the Pirates of the Caribbean fanmade one.

What do you guys think?  Are those fringe lithos "official?"  Still no idea if that Orlando heart one was real or not.

Anything officially endorsed by GNR should be included, the fanmade ones shouldn't be listed.

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

My litho archive might be a bit behind.  I've only included the lithos for performances.  I figured those are the only ones that really count. 

I'm collecting the official concert merchandise lithographs - ie, the lithographs that commemorate a specific concert on the Not in This Lifetime Tour.

VIP giveaways don't count. Who wants that lenticular crap they gave away anyway?

Popup store lithos don't count. They don't even say a THING about the tour! Not a single one says "Not in this Lifetime" on it. You want to celebrate a pop-up store then wooooo, knock yourself out.

And only official ones sold at the merch booths, not that garbage like the Pirates of the Caribbean fanmade one.

The "Pirates of the Caribbean" lithograph isn't fanmade but it borders on 'official'. The artist is a guy by the name of Dave Berns and he was commissioned by LiveNation to do the design. I've received conflicting information that either they were sold in a VIP section merch stand only or that they were VIP giveaways at the Miami. Either way, they are at least as 'official' as the VIP giveaway lenticular crap they gave away in Australia/New Zealand and I suppose the mini-litho they gave away in Vegas that looked like the back of a playing card.

For those who just might want it, the regular version is available officially from his website: http://hotdamnarts.bigcartel.com/product/guns-n-roses-gig-poster

There was a foil variant of the design limited to only 10 copies which is now sold out on the official store. However if you look for it on Ebay, you'll see that Dave Berns himself is auctioning #2/10 of the foil variant himself. No bids yet, starting at $99

Still no idea if that Orlando heart one was real or not.

The design? It's a legit design and the litho exists.

Did nobody go to the Orlando show notice this? This was on the stage.

Gs7jfee.jpg

And this is the litho:

s-l1600.jpg

I doubt the one on Ebay was legitimate, but there are definitely legitimate ones out there - just not very many.

Edited by amaninjapan
  • Like 2

I think the pop up store lithos, besides being maybe the best designs since Europe, are cool because they're official GNR merch commemorating AFD. Can't go wrong with that. Also the smallest print runs of any North America prints, even through it wasn't a concert it was definitely a GNR event.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I think the pop up store lithos, besides being maybe the best designs since Europe, are cool because they're official GNR merch commemorating AFD. Can't go wrong with that. Also the smallest print runs of any North America prints, even through it wasn't a concert it was definitely a GNR event.

I totally agree with you about the pop-up store lithos Uzi!   They were official GnR items celebrating 30 years of AFD and were limited to 100 each.  The grim reaper holding the appetite playing card litho is my favorite so far this summer.   

• Like 1

The first two words of this thread title are "tour lithographs" - You said it yourself that these pop-up store lithos are celebrating the 30th anniversary of the album, not the tour. And even THAT is a stretch. They BARELY have anything to do with the album. One of them doesn't even have ANY words or images associated with Appetite for Destruction. It lists Harley Davidson, Off White and Maxfield though... and the address of, you know, the store - so kinda hard to see how this has anything to do with the tour. They're promoting the store more than anything else.

Those "limited edition" lithographs they sell on the gnrmerch.com website have got more to do with Appetite for Destruction than those pop-up store lithographs. At least they say "Appetite for Destruction" on them but nobody seriously thinks they're official lithos except for that loon on Ebay trying to sell them for $399 when they're still available from the website for $40.

And declaring it a "GNR event" is using the term very liberally. For me, the actual band has to be present to be considered an event.

are they official GNR lithographs? absolutely.

do they have anything to do with the tour? absolutely not.

the artwork is kinda pop art cool in its own right but the posters from the Chinese Democracy tour have more in common with the tour lithographs than the pop-up store lithographs.

I think the Full appetite cross being present on the litho, the fact that it's sold at a place set up to commemorate the AFD album, with the total approval of GNR management makes me more then confident to label it a GNR event.

It's a really cool piece of GNR memorabilia, with a tiny print run, sold one time, in one location  and that makes it incredibly cool.

It would be kind of stupid to create a different thread to list the few pop up show posters. It didn't seam like a huge deal to put them in the master thread that estrangedtwat took the time to put together. You can throw an asterisk next to it if it makes amaninjapan feel better lol.

• Like 1

Do whatever you want, that trash still ain't making my list lol

But if you're going to start adding in non-tour lithographs into a tour lithographs list then we all might as well call it a night if we can't agree on the very premise of what these thread is about haha

Come to think of it, you don't need to create a different thread to list the pop up show posters - there's a "2016/2017 Official Merchandise Thread" where it would fit in perfectly. It's official merchandise but it's not a tour lithograph, no?

Edited by amaninjapan

1 minute ago, amaninjapan said:

Do whatever you want, that trash still ain't making my list lol

But if you're going to start adding in non-tour lithographs into a tour lithographs list then we all might as well call it a night if we can't agree on the very premise of what these thread is about haha

That's cool you just won't  have a complete set lol. 

Someone is offering me a Slane litho for this pop up show print what do you think I should do?!?

I guess I don't really see the debate here.  The pop-up lithos went on sale in LA, on the same day that GNR was playing 3,000 miles away in North Carolina.  The name of this thread is "tour lithographs" and much of the discussion is about how the designs relate to the city in which that show was played.

Are these "official GNR merch"?  Sure. If you like them, by all means buy them and enjoy them.  But its a little silly, imo, to suggest that they have anything to do with the NITL tour, or any specific GNR show, which is kind of the point of the tour lithos.  

Seems pretty simple to me.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Sit back and enjoy your Kobe.

Oh wait...

Man that would really eat at me if I was going for the complete set. But I'm not, so it's just noise. You're the guy spending the time and money trying to hunt all these down, hence the complete set thing effecting you as previously stated. I get it, if I were you I'd be trying to limit how many of these are sought after too. Makes sense.

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I love that kind of 60s comic book Rat Fink art, so I like it. But does anyone know how it pertains to Montreal? Detroit was obvious. I like it but don't get it...

Well that's definitely Olympic Stadium that the alien is ripping apart, which was where the concert was held 25 years ago that ended in the riot. As for the tires not sure... I believe there is an indy race in Montreal every year.

Edited by Captain SK

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Nah. I know that's Olympic Stadium- I went to an Expos game there once.  They could've done a skelly high jumper or something if it was about the olympics. It's about 60s hot rod art.

Well they do the Formula One Grand Prix there every year.. not sure what the paper is that the monster is (holding? licking?)