"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Scarface

5/5

I don't care, Pacino's performance is one of the best ever on film. I'll put that up against anybody.

Cliffhanger. Thumbs up. Nice little forgotten about Stallone film. Good winter movie.

• Like 1

Watched:

Unforgetable with Katherine Heigel. She plays crazy well.

Christmas Office Party.

19 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Watched the "Pianist" again today.....if you can get over the fact Roman Polanski directed, it the movie is brilliant......

This movie was so good. Still can't get over how evil those Nazi's were.

Watched the Rolling Stones documentary "Gimme Shelter" on Bluray today...I have a 9.2 surround sound system in the family room and cranked the sound............I have seen it at least a couple of dozen times but it never gets old and I see new little details  every time I watch it....I was too young to see the Stones in 1969 but if I had a time machine those 3- 1969 Madison Square Garden, NYC concerts would on the top of my list to go attend..........

Edited by classicrawker

7 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Watched the Rolling Stones documentary "Gimme Shelter" on Bluray today...I have a 9.2 surround sound system in the family room and cranked the sound............I have seen it at least a couple of dozen times but it never gets old and I see new little details  every time I watch it....I was too young to see the Stones in 1969 but if I had a time machine those 3- 1969 Madison Square Garden, NYC concerts would on the top of my list to go attend..........

But not the other show on that I bet?

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Would not be my first choice but  I would go to Altamont just not go anywhere near the stage,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you really think about it all it was was a gig with a few people getting their heads kicked in, you've probably been to more than one gig like that, being someone whoose been to a gig or two in your lifetime, the black lad getting stabbed was tragic and all that but I very much doubt that each of the fuckin' God knows how many 100s of thousands of atendees were in grave danger.  Just a bunch of pissed up bikers knocking about really. 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

If you really think about it all it was was a gig with a few people getting their heads kicked in, you've probably been to more than one gig like that, being someone whoose been to a gig or two in your lifetime, the black lad getting stabbed was tragic and all that but I very much doubt that each of the fuckin' God knows how many 100s of thousands of atendees were in grave danger.  Just a bunch of pissed up bikers knocking about really. 

Yeah I have been to shows where there were fights but never anything like Altamont...there has been much debate over the years who was at fault in the whole Angels incidents. Jagger has been blamed for allowing the Angels to be brought in as security...they used British Angels at the Hyde Park concert but they were nothing like the American Angels as far as brutality so maybe Mick was just being naive?...........there were a small number of police at Altamont  who were not willing to tangle with the Angels to stop the beatings...The guy who was stabbed to death was brandishing a gun so was it self defense by the Angels? Just a real ugly end to the 60's which was brilliantly captured by the Maysles Brothers and Charlotte Zwerin.

Excellent article in by the  Salon website if anyone is interested in some background about the making of Gimme Shelter

https://www.salon.com/2000/08/10/gimme_shelter_2/

21 hours ago, classicrawker said:

My mom saw that movie in the theatre when it was released. She saw it with the Night of the Living Dead movie.

She remembers when that free Rolling Stone concert happened and how nuts it was to let the Hell's angels do security. That was just a mess.

Logan This was one of the best X men movies ever! A fitting way to end Wolverine.

Aftermath Arnold S actually can act. This movie was based on true events and very sad.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:40 AM, Len Cnut said:

American Gangster - Russell Crowe, Denzel, good little film, seen it before, was high and getting my head around netflix.

Love Denzel. Anything this man acts in becomes a good movie, even the bad ones. lol

On 12/5/2017 at 5:40 AM, Len Cnut said:

American Gangster - Russell Crowe, Denzel, good little film, seen it before, was high and getting my head around netflix.

i remember recording this on VHS off of cable then later transferring it to DVD :lol:

Ahh the days when i didn't care about picture or sound quality.

• Like 1