Jump to content
Black Sabbath

"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Capone (2020)

My granddad had gone to a family member's wedding in the 1930' and Al Capone showed up. He gave them a gift and then left. My granddad was very young, so he really didn't know who he was until later on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Lifetime movie: engaged to a psycho

Miss leading title because the psycho was not the guy. lol

Not bad, but I did guess who the crazy person was and the reason behind it.

Yeah, I know Phoenix's performance was oscar worthy. I will watch it this weekend.

Who was in the new Capone movie?

Who was in this version?

Off the top of my head I think it's Tom Hardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Who wants to see a film about Capone shitting his pants? Sounds like Dazey The Movie to be honest.

I dunno, I think its nice to see a movie taking a different approach, showing a weak and vulnerable side of such a powerful man.  In this age of Marvel movies its nice to see a director/actor/studio sticking their neck out a bit with something a little different, even if they don’t get it 100% on the money.

26 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Lifetime movie: engaged to a psycho

Miss leading title because the psycho was not the guy. lol

Not bad, but I did guess who the crazy person was and the reason behind it.

Yeah, I know Phoenix's performance was oscar worthy. I will watch it this weekend.

Who was in the new Capone movie?

Who was in this version?

Tom Hardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My granddad had gone to a family member's wedding in the 1930' and Al Capone showed up. He gave them a gift and then left. My granddad was very young, so he really didn't know who he was until later on. 

Shit, who the fuck were your family friends with? :lol:  In the 30s Capone was at the height of his powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once shook hands with somebody who shook hands with Hitler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Off the top of my head I think it's Tom Hardy.

Okay, cool. I know he was in another mob movie about British mobsters. He was excellent in that one.

Tom Hardy is such a good actor.

I was hoping the tv show Taboo would come back for a second season, but haven't heard anything about it in months. I wonder if Venom 2 was filmed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, who the fuck were your family friends with? :lol:  In the 30s Capone was at the height of his powers.

My granddad's family are Italian decent. Not sure who the family member was? My dad was a little kid. Anyway, I think some of my granddad's family were connected, but not our side. My granddad worked hard throughout his life. 

Anyway, Capone just gave an envelop and left the wedding. He didn't stay long at all. My granddad is dead now, so can't ask him anymore questions about it. He had some amazing stories to tell me when I was a kid.

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno, I think its nice to see a movie taking a different approach, showing a weak and vulnerable side of such a powerful man.  In this age of Marvel movies its nice to see a director/actor/studio sticking their neck out a bit with something a little different, even if they don’t get it 100% on the money.

Tom Hardy.

I will have to check this movie out. I do like Tom Hardy alot. So many actors have played Capone. And now Gotti too. Sometimes they only show their good side, but they were ruthless gangsters who killed people or had people killed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, cool. I know he was in another mob movie about British mobsters. He was excellent in that one.

Tom Hardy is such a good actor.

I was hoping the tv show Taboo would come back for a second season, but haven't heard anything about it in months. I wonder if Venom 2 was filmed yet.

I had actually never heard of Hardy before I was reading about the Capone movie a few weeks ago. His name stuck with me because I thought of the Hardy Boys.😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lame ass security said:

I had actually never heard of Hardy before I was reading about the Capone movie a few weeks ago. His name stuck with me because I thought of the Hardy Boys.😄

lol well, he was in the Batman movie as Baine, but you couldn't see his face at all.

The FX tv show Taboo was very good. It was weird, but good. I thought they would do another season, but heard nothing more.

Then he did Venom and people started knowing who he was. I also saw that gangster movie but I forgot the name of it. He was very good in that movie too.

He was in that boxing movie too, with Joel Eggerton or something to that effect. Tom didn't talk much in that movie at all, not sure why.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My granddad's family are Italian decent. Not sure who the family member was? My dad was a little kid. Anyway, I think some of my granddad's family were connected, but not our side. My granddad worked hard throughout his life. 

Anyway, Capone just gave an envelop and left the wedding. He didn't stay long at all. My granddad is dead now, so can't ask him anymore questions about it. He had some amazing stories to tell me when I was a kid.

I will have to check this movie out. I do like Tom Hardy alot. So many actors have played Capone. And now Gotti too. Sometimes they only show their good side, but they were ruthless gangsters who killed people or had people killed. 

Ben Gazarra had a good go at playing Capone too.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

lol well, he was in the Batman movie as Baine, but you couldn't see his face at all.

The FX tv show Taboo was very good. It was weird, but good. I thought they would do another season, but heard nothing more.

Then he did Venom and people started knowing who he was. I also saw that gangster movie but I forgot the name of it. He was very good in that movie too.

He was in that boxing movie too, with Joel Eggerton or something to that effect. Tom didn't talk much in that movie at all, not sure why.

He was good in Bronson and Legend too but I’m afraid you need to be from England to understand the mythology, deserved or not, around characters like Bronson or The Kray Twins.  I like him in RocknRolla and Layer Cake too, two British gangster movies I highly reccomend if they cross your path.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See an excellent role for Tom Hardy, playing a Jewish-cockney mobster, in the television series Peaky Blinders also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

La Jetée (1962) 

Loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I once shook hands with somebody who shook hands with Hitler. 

I once urinated on the exact same spot where Hitler stood in front of the Eiffel Tower. Those Asian tourists were not amused.

Hitler's Lighting War: War at the Speed of Light | Sutori

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I once urinated on the exact same spot where Hitler stood in front of the Eiffel Tower. Those Asian tourists were not amused.

Hitler's Lighting War: War at the Speed of Light | Sutori

 

Revenge for 1974?*

At least you didn't do a number 2.

PS*

Or for stealing your bikes in 1940.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Revenge for 1974?

More, like, revenge for imprisoning many family members in late 1944 and almost killing my grandfather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

More, like, revenge for imprisoning many family members in late 1944 and almost killing my grandfather.

They heinously bombed my chippy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They heinously bombed my chippy.

They completely bombed Rotterdam, almost nothing left of the old historic town, hence it looks like this now,

: /

Timelapse Up:Town Skyscraper Rotterdam – Bouwtimelapse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EvanG said:

They completely bombed Rotterdam, almost nothing left of the old historic town, hence it looks like this now,

: /

Timelapse Up:Town Skyscraper Rotterdam – Bouwtimelapse

It looks like Birmingham on a bad day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

It looks like Birmingham on a bad day.

It doesn't really look like a European city anymore but more like some ugly North American skyscraper town.

But I guess some people are into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EvanG said:

It doesn't really look like a European city anymore but more like some ugly North American skyscraper town.

But I guess some people are into that.

Most of their cities are shit also because our boys in the RAF bombed them to smithereens - Heidelberg is a lone exception. Then Stalin built some truly repellent commie architecture in the east, and yankee corporate skyscrapers got built in the west (Frankfurt, yack). 

The biggest crime was Warsaw. Warsaw before the Second World War was known as the ''Venice of the east''. It was a medieval-intellectual centre, much like Prague. Utterly destroyed as first you had the German invasion of 1939 then the two Warsaw Uprisings, 1943-4, which courted German reprisals; the Germans razed what was left when they left in advance of the Soviets. 

Hitler actually ordered the destruction of Paris in 1944 but General von Choltitz ignored the order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Most of their cities are shit also because our boys in the RAF bombed them to smithereens - Heidelberg is a lone exception. Then Stalin built some truly repellent commie architecture in the east, and yankee corporate skyscrapers got built in the west (Frankfurt, yack). 

The biggest crime was Warsaw. Warsaw before the Second World War was known as the ''Venice of the east''. It was a medieval-intellectual centre, much like Prague. Utterly destroyed as first you had the German invasion of 1939 then the two Warsaw Uprisings, 1943-4, which courted German reprisals; the Germans razed what was left when they left in advance of the Soviets. 

Hitler actually ordered the destruction of Paris in 1944 but General von Choltitz ignored the order.

I have been to Warsaw, there's only a small part left of the ''old town''. It's beautiful but sad to see so little is left. The rest of the city looks like how you would expect it to look like now.

As for German cities, Munich is still pretty (often referred to as the most northern Italian city). I liked Nuremberg too. Düsseldorf and Cologne are nothing special (although the cathedral in Cologne is stunning). Frankfurt kinda looks like Rotterdam, skyscraper town, if you're into modern architecture, I suppose it's nice. Aachen is really lovely, reminds me of Maastricht, but bigger. Dresden is supposed to be quite beautiful but I've never been there, neither to Hamburg. And Berlin, well, I've said it before, not the most pretty city but one of my favourite cities for sure.

Edited by EvanG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×