GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Congrats @SerenityScorp!!!!! Very happy that you're gonna finally see them!!! :dance:

Hope you get the best spot in the place, for your Slaxlwatching :P

-------

@Padme geez, what a condescending response you got there. :thumbsdown:

This is why I continually refuse to interact with some members of TB. They are so unpleasant with their barely smartass responses and overall rudeness.

Why does he tell you: "it's not fair to just say the things said (here and there) because the band doesn't consist of members you feel better suited..." :question: 

What things you said that are not fair?? :shrugs:

Thank You! ❤❤ I just can't believe it They decided to visit indonesia again N' I can't believe it I finally will see Slaxl :dance:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Thank You! ❤❤ I just can't believe it They decided to visit indonesia again N' I can't believe it I finally will see Slaxl :dance:

That’s great @SerenityScorp! Hope you’ll see enough Slaxl for a lifetimge :lol: Do you have your tickets yet?

6 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I love the non-q&a with Fernando because it is clearly that guy eating crow and trying to explain why he would go on-line and be an asshole with fans.  No way he would do that of his own volition- someone got to him. My guess is one of the other (real, professional managers). Fernando is only one guy at the table. GnR as we know it is now Slash, Axl and Duff. And Fernando does not make decisions for Duff and Slash. Fernando has to work it out with Varner and Klein, and it's really nice of those guys to let him sit at the big boy table and be in charge of t-shirts, you know? 

I love you. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

My post was a follow up of an asnwer he gave to someone else.

Does Axl know how important it is to us diehards to see the AFD5 back onstage together again?

So the importance of one outweighs the importance of another?  Just trying to understand.

Since he was "trying to understand" :rolleyes: I just said it loud and clear. Obviously it doesn't make him happy to answer that. He makes sound like one or two fans want the reunion. I guess because there is no reason, excuse or logical explanation. Except their greed. They just don't want to "split the loot equally" with Izzy and Steven. Or just it hurts Axl's pride. So he is unwilling to deal with the fact that his CD vision and new band went nowhere. So he has keep singing CD songs. He has to keep Richard and Frank. And make this a half reunion

Anyway it is clear to me that there will never be an AFD 5 reunion. I got an answer. I may not like it. But now I know what I wanted to know

My problem with his response are the FORMS, because we already know the content is shite and also contradicting. He gets mad at the question, replies with another question (letting slide that it bothers him), then he says its not up to him to reunite the AFD5 but that it is UNFAIR to ask for it?? :question:

How in the hell it is unfair to want to see AFD5? :facepalm:

What I gather from all this is that I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. The only thing that makes sense is that it is the band's call on when new music will come out and when they will fully reunite or not. The rest is just Fermanager's bollocks, as usual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padme said:

My post was a follow up of an asnwer he gave to someone else.

Does Axl know how important it is to us diehards to see the AFD5 back onstage together again?

So the importance of one outweighs the importance of another?  Just trying to understand.

Since he was "trying to understand" :rolleyes: I just said it loud and clear. Obviously it doesn't make him happy to answer that. He makes sound like one or two fans want the reunion. I guess because there is no reason, excuse or logical explanation. Except their greed. They just don't want to "split the loot equally" with Izzy and Steven. Or just it hurts Axl's pride. So he is unwilling to deal with the fact that his CD vision and new band went nowhere. So he has keep singing CD songs. He has to keep Richard and Frank. And make this a half reunion

Anyway it is clear to me that there will never be an AFD 5 reunion. I got an answer. I may not like it. But now I know what I wanted to know

What bothers me the most is that this was exactly the same answer TB gave on the NUGNR era when asked about Slash. Axl obviously gets to decide who's in the band and who's not (together with Slash and Ned now apparently) but how the hell is it 'unfair' that fans express a want for a different line-up and why exactly this fan desire provokes such a condescending answer as the one Nandinho gave? :shrugs: By this line of thought Slash would never be back, thanks to the 'unfair' fans who asked for him non-stop. We should have shut up and just accept Axl prostituting GNR name with the Ashbas and the Pitmans of this life :rolleyes:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

My problem with his response are the FORMS, because we already know the content is shite and also contradicting. He gets mad at the question, replies with another question (letting slide that it bothers him), then he says its not up to him to reunite the AFD5 but that it is UNFAIR to ask for it?? :question:

How in the hell it is unfair to want to see AFD5? :facepalm:

What I gather from all this is that I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. The only thing that makes sense is that it is the band's call on when new music will come out and when they will fully reunite or not. The rest is just Fermanager's bollocks, as usual.

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

What bothers me the most is that this was exactly the same answer TB gave on the NUGNR era when asked about Slash. Axl obviously gets to decide who's in the band and who's not (together with Slash and Ned now apparently) but how the hell is it 'unfair' that fans express a want for a different line-up and why exactly this fan desire provokes such a condescending answer as the one Nandinho gave? :shrugs: By this line of thought Slash would never be back, thanks to the 'unfair' fans who asked for him non-stop. We should have shut up and just accept Axl prostituting GNR name with the Ashbas and the Pitmans of this life :rolleyes:

The "unfair" is bullshit of course. And yes, it is up to Axl, Slash and Duff to decide. And they decided the reunion was jut Axl, Slash and Duff. What bothers me is that it is a baseless decision. We have seen here fans making a point. When it comes to Izzy, fans who are against him have said things like "Izzy is not in the partnership" "Izzy is unreliable". And about Steven fans have said "he is risk" Call that bullshit if you want. But at least they make a case. Fernando didn't mention any of that. I guess those issues we have debated have here. Are not issues that matter to Axl, Slash and Duff. I was hoping Fernando could make a strong case against them. He didn't. He just said it's unfair to want them back. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

The "unfair" is bullshit of course. And yes, it is up to Axl, Slash and Duff to decide. And they decided the reunion was jut Axl, Slash and Duff. What bothers me is that it is a baseless decision. We have seen here fans making a point. When it comes to Izzy, fans who are against him have said things like "Izzy is not in the partnership" "Izzy is unreliable". And about Steven fans have said "he is risk" Call that bullshit if you want. But at least they make a case. Fernando didn't mention any of that. I guess those issues we have debated have here. Are not issues that matter to Axl, Slash and Duff. I was hoping Fernando could make a strong case against them. He didn't. He just said it's unfair to want them back. 

That’s what I meant with „his own little world“. How on earth is it unfair for a fan or anyone really to say what is your favourite line-up and ask whetther there is a chance to see them back again or not. The „unfairness" is: they (Axl, Nandango and the rest of it. Yes, also Slash and Ned, I think) want us to be grateful with any bloody thing they give us and not question anything. Not be difficult, not be demanding, not having our own opinion and tastes. That is ridiculous of course but it shows their huge overblown ego that wouldn’t allow anything else than their own entitlement and ass-kissers, of course. Doesn’t have anything to do with music.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 3

Maybe Fernando wasn't replying directly to the posts he quoted, but about himself, i.e. the "things said here and there" (by fans and Steven?) that the AFD5 reunion is up to him; and he meant that it's "not fair and just" for him to be pointed as being responsible, but it's up to the "guys in the band" to decide. :shrugs:

Not trying to be funny here, but is English not Fernando's first language?  His posts are difficult to understand at times.  I'm confused though, because I thought he grew up in America, or have I got that wrong?   

Also, can I ask why some of you refer to Duff as Ned? :blink:  Where's Ned come from?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe Fernando wasn't replying directly to the posts he quoted, but about himself, i.e. the "things said here and there" (by fans and Steven?) that the AFD5 reunion is up to him; and he meant that it's "not fair and just" for him to be pointed as being responsible, but it's up to the "guys in the band" to decide. :shrugs:

Of course it is up to the band. But it has be a decision based on something. There is tangible reason

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

That’s what I meant with „his own little world“. How on earth is it unfair for a fan or anyone really to say what is your favourite line-up and ask whetther there is a chance to see them back again or not. The „unfairness" is: they (Axl, Nandango and the rest of it. Yes, also Slash and Ned, I think) want us to be grateful with any bloody thing they give us and not question anything. Not be difficult, not be demanding, not having our own opinion and tastes. That is ridiculous of course but it shows their huge overblown ego that wouldn’t allow anything else than their own entitlement and ass-kissers, of course. Doesn’t have anything to do with music.

Yeah it's I said in the official social media thread during the Fernando controversy. They don't want fans. They want robots who buy tickets, merch and box sets. No questions asked.

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

Of course it is up to the band. But it has be a decision based on something. There is tangible reason

Of course.

I'm not trying to defend Fernando here, but maybe he didn't mean it as being unfair on the fans' part to want the full reunion, but to blame him for it not happening. He should have made his response more clear.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Of course.

I'm not trying to defend Fernando here, but maybe he didn't mean it as being unfair on the fans' part to want the full reunion, but to blame him for it not happening. He should have made his response more clear.

But neither myself nor the other guy who also asked about the AFD 5 reunion were blaming him. Fernando was here answering questions. We asked the manager of the band about it. Nobody (other than band members) is a better position to answer that question. Doesn't Fernando understand that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Padme said:

But neither myself nor the other guy who also asked about the AFD 5 reunion were blaming him. Fernando was here answering questions. We asked the manager of the band about it. Nobody (other than band members) is a better position to answer that question. Doesn't Fernando understand that?

I know. But the whole thing (with his tweet, the reactions and then his coming here) started because he read things on the forums that pissed him off. Maybe one of those things was that some fans took what Steven said about his role at face value; and because he didn't want to reply directly to Steven and to that, he used your posts. That's what I got from the first paragraph of his response to you. And apparently he also doesn't want -or probably isn't allowed- to give specifics on the reasons why the full reunion is not happening.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I know. But the whole thing (with his tweet, the reactions and then his coming here) started because he read things on the forums that pissed him off. Maybe one of those things was that some fans took what Steven said about his role at face value; and because he didn't want to reply directly to Steven and to that, he used your posts. That's what I got from the first paragraph of his response to you. And apparently he also doesn't want -or probably isn't allowed- to give specifics on the reasons why the full reunion is not happening.

He didn't mention anything about Adler or Izzy for that matter. I think he was more concerned with a few fans claming he leak CD. I know he is not allow to give many specifics. They had that idiotic silence policy. And that bring us to the very begining. He insulted fans on twitter because fans were speculating. Well if we never have any clear answer about anything. All that is left is speculation. If he doesn't understand that. It is his problem. Downzy is not going to lock the forum because Fernando doesn't like to see speculation nor different opinions regarding line up or the set list

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

That's exactly why I didn't want to ask him any questions and I've been avoiding him like the plague, both online and offline. Interacting with this guy is putting yourself under his rudeness, his mistreatment and condescending ways.

This dudebro doesn't pay my bills and I don't owe him anything. Planes, hotels, food, tickets, merch, and the music itself, I have paid it all from my own pockets. No favors owed to this narcissist 'manager'. 

He has demonstrated his lack of communication skills to respond to fans like a professional would, without attacks, without patronizing words. He is an embarrassment for his organization. Guns N' Roses is a band of middle aged men now. At this point, you would think their behavior has evolved and they matured, you know, people hitting 60 and all that. But they've got a representative who acts like a thug, like a teenager with anger issues. Total fail.

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Not trying to be funny here, but is English not Fernando's first language?  His posts are difficult to understand at times.  I'm confused though, because I thought he grew up in America, or have I got that wrong?   

Fernando is Brazilian so his native tongue is Portuguese. He moved to the USA when he was a teenager, like 12 or 13 years old. I assume it must have been difficult to pick on the new language at that age. We know nothing about how he continued his education once he established in the new country.

It looks to me that after so many decades living in the USA, he did not work hard enough on his written communication, which is odd for the position he occupies in the business.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Of course.

He was more clear with the new music question. What I understood is that he is not the kind of manager that will push the band to sit down and create something. 

With this question about AFD5 reunion, he got defensive replying with another question, and then he said something like he was only responsible for what it is asked from him, which at the moment is the current lineup and the tour.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I think he gets mad at this question because it must be a huge burden on his shoulders, to be asked about this and not being able to say the truth about it.

What I find it totally unprofessional is that he doesn't have a "speech" for this questions. Most big companies who face daily complaints from customers, usually have a speech for the most common issues, while they work on the solution.

This shows the informal and amateurish way in which they work, because he came here unprepared, without a speech that he should have consulted with the big three, and should have shown a relaxed mood to face some questions.

• Like 1

@Padme my question was...

@Fernando with what line up will GNR continue to tour? Are Slash and Duff staying or will there be any changes in regards to the band?

I thought his replies to others were very vague. His answer to new music didn't seem like a 'yes' to me either, he just said "something"  not 'Yes, we will have new music'