Jump to content
alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

Recommended Posts

Dear diary,

what I learned today:

Soon is planning on becoming like Izzy but with smooth skin.

 

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:rolleyes:

:max:

lol

Haha, dont judge me! :lol:

You figure its that bad, eh?

17 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

You could get a longboard and slowly roll down the street. Less chance of injury.

Now thats more my lane. But does it make me cool like Izzy? You skateboard?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yeah but I dont have it.................... maybe @Andy14 got something? :smiley-confused2:

I'm sorry but nothing can beat this use of the app. :devilshades:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm sorry but nothing can beat this use of the app. :devilshades:

 

They look like 500 years old on those pics. :rofl-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm sorry but nothing can beat this use of the app. :devilshades:

You just don't want to shame your Axlbaaaaaaaaallllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rofl-lol:

How old are the RS there? They sum up like 2000 years! :lol:

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Now thats more my lane. But does it make me cool like Izzy? You skateboard?

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

They look like 500 years old on those pics. :rofl-lol:

They were modified? :wow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soon said:

Now thats more my lane. But does it make me cool like Izzy? You skateboard?

No I don't, but I knew people that did back when I was in school. One of my friends used a longboard to roll down the sidewalk to class. I thought he looked pretty cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Hey Solstar!! Good to see you back! :wow:

Thanx for the info on the picture, Izzy goes around like any regular person, that must be so cool.

 

Hey! Glad to see you too! I never actually left but it's usually so hard for me to find the time to write in here that I've been in stalk mode like forever! :facepalm:

I miss this thread!:heart:

 

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, in that IG post someone says he met Izzy there the same day and talked to him and that he’s a humble guy. Literally everyone who ever met Izzy says that about him. I love that.

That is so odd...Izzy has always struck me as someone who would not be friendly, say if you miraculously ran into him in the street, but I guess appearances can be deceptive. :shrugs:

 

Anywho, I think we should all chip in and buy this guy a new shirt!

I mean, I know the loot was not split with him but come on!! :lol:

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, solstar said:

Hey! Glad to see you too! I never actually left but it's usually so hard for me to find the time to write in here that I've been in stalk mode like forever! :facepalm:

I miss this thread!:heart:

 

That is so odd...Izzy has always struck me as someone who would not be friendly, say if you miraculously ran into him in the street, but I guess appearances can be deceptive. :shrugs:

 

Anywho, I think we should all chip in and buy this guy a new shirt!

I mean, I know the loot was not split with him but come on!! :lol:

 

 

 

 

I miss this thread, too!

To be fair I think he looks like he’d be unfriendly if you bother him but apparently he’s very friendly, talks with people and always always is described as humble. ❤️ Then goes and looks miserable in most fan pictures. lol

That shirt! I hate it! Lol it’s so old man-like. Also I don’t like check patterns. Anyway, he does need his old clothes back! And his old hats! What is this ugly thing on his head? 😂 I love him but I have fashion issues with recent Izzy. 😜

Edited by Tori72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I miss this thread, too!

To be fair I think he looks like he’d be unfriendly if you bother him but apparently he’s very friendly, talks with people and always always is described as humble. ❤️ Then goes and looks miserable in most fan pictures. lol

That shirt! I hate it! Lol it’s so old man-like. Also I don’t like check patterns. Anyway, he does need his old clothes back! And his old hats! What is this ugly thing on his head? 😂 I love him but I have fashion issues with recent Izzy. 😜

Ok then, so I would definitely love to meet friendly Izzy and ask him to take me to one of his roadtrips!  Any chance he would agree to this?  :lol:

I was kidding about the shirt though. I actually like it! :wub: It just caught my attention that he is wearing the exact same shirt (and hat! :D) in the only two pics we've had of him in the last two years, and in totally different situations! I wonder if he thinks those clothes go with everything.  :P :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, solstar said:

Ok then, so I would definitely love to meet friendly Izzy and ask him to take me to one of his roadtrips!  Any chance he would agree to this?  :lol:

I was kidding about the shirt though. I actually like it! :wub: It just caught my attention that he is wearing the exact same shirt (and hat! :D) in the only two pics we've had of him in the last two years, and in totally different situations! I wonder if he thinks those clothes go with everything.  :P :lol:

 Izzy looks like he doesn’t think about  close at all anymore. 😂 He still looks great though. And I think his face is very handsome. 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, killuridols said:

 

giphy.gif

sAVzWxY.gif

:lol:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, solstar said:

Ok then, so I would definitely love to meet friendly Izzy and ask him to take me to one of his roadtrips!  Any chance he would agree to this?  :lol:

I was kidding about the shirt though. I actually like it! :wub: It just caught my attention that he is wearing the exact same shirt (and hat! :D) in the only two pics we've had of him in the last two years, and in totally different situations! I wonder if he thinks those clothes go with everything.  :P :lol:

Maybe he doesn't go out of the house much and when he does he just wears the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

 Izzy looks like he doesn’t think about  close at all anymore. 😂 He still looks great though. And I think his face is very handsome. 😍

I kinda like it that he doesn't care about his clothes. He can totally pull that off imho :drool:

About his face, I'm not sure. I mean, he reached peaks of hotness after he left Guns, and then again in his 40s, but now, I'm not sure. I need more evidence! :lol:

 

41 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe he doesn't go out of the house much and when he does he just wears the same thing.

tbh Izzy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that could stay indoors for too long. I do hope he has other outdoors clothes though, otherwise how smelly would that shirt be! :lol:

now you make me wonder what kind of clothes he is wearing indoors. :ph34r: :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet he can go out a lot without being hassled. He looks like an ordinary middleaged man, so I doubt many would even recognize him. He dresses like an ordinary guy and is hardly ever in the news. It's been like 30 years that he's been in the spotlights. I really don't think anyone outside of diehard fans would recognize him, and if they do, most would leave him alone, I'd think. When I come across a celebrity, I never go up to talk to him. Unless it's Duff or anyone else in GNR :P I might go up to Izzy, but only because I'm a diehard.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, solstar said:

I was kidding about the shirt though. I actually like it! :wub: It just caught my attention that he is wearing the exact same shirt (and hat! :D) in the only two pics we've had of him in the last two years, and in totally different situations! I wonder if he thinks those clothes go with everything.  :P :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Izzy is a minimalist and that's why his wardrobe is minimal........ I myself decided to go minimalistic this year, so I have reduced my wardrobe to a capsule one.

7 hours ago, soon said:

sAVzWxY.gif

:lol:

:hug:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Izzy is a minimalist and that's why his wardrobe is minimal........ I myself decided to go minimalistic this year, so I have reduced my wardrobe to a capsule one.

:hug:

 

Aww, dont stress, bae, must be something lost in translation. The laughing emoji was meant to indicate a joke. Gif is from a popular comedy that has a current reboot. 

(ps: just for the record I dont look like Del "The Smell" James. :lol: Actually I wear Izzys outfit in winter and that same hat today!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soon said:

Aww, dont stress, bae, must be something lost in translation. The laughing emoji was meant to indicate a joke. Gif is from a popular comedy that has a current reboot. 

why are you mansplaining me??  I understood!

tenor.gif.32f2f329f684f53bc225c7f6026dda6e.gif

LOL

9 minutes ago, soon said:

(ps: just for the record I dont look like Del "The Smell" James. :lol: Actually I wear Izzys outfit in winter and that same hat today!)

I didnt mean to say you looked like that... but I couldn't find any other funny skateboarding gif, my baaaaaaaaaad :facepalm:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.07.2019 at 5:21 PM, solstar said:

It was at a skate shop in San Diego. Here's the original post. Someone even commented they saw him and talked to him there that day  :heart:

 

@Tori72 he's well-fed indeed :lol: but in a really cute way :wub:. Coolest gunner by far :headbang:

Is the third pic in that post also Iz? It says "they were stoked when he showed them some old pix"... But it doesn't look like him to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bikka said:

Is the third pic in that post also Iz? It says "they were stoked when he showed them some old pix"... But it doesn't look like him to me.

No, not Iz. That’s some super famous skaterdude from the 70s whose name I forgot (and couldn’t care less about). :D

What’s a capsule wardrobe for you? Do you have more than 13 items? Somewhere I read that’s about what you can have. I wached You tube tutorials on that and decided I cannot even decide on so few colours. It’s overwhelming in the choice-situation for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, solstar said:

About his face, I'm not sure. I mean, he reached peaks of hotness after he left Guns, and then again in his 40s, but now, I'm not sure. I need more evidence! :lol:

I don't think his face looks that good anymore, compared to before.

 

4 hours ago, Lio said:

I bet he can go out a lot without being hassled. He looks like an ordinary middleaged man, so I doubt many would even recognize him. He dresses like an ordinary guy and is hardly ever in the news. It's been like 30 years that he's been in the spotlights. I really don't think anyone outside of diehard fans would recognize him, and if they do, most would leave him alone, I'd think. When I come across a celebrity, I never go up to talk to him. Unless it's Duff or anyone else in GNR :P I might go up to Izzy, but only because I'm a diehard.

I would go up to him. Like when I met Alan Niven last year, I was probably the only person near him who recognized him then I went and talked to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Izzy is a minimalist and that's why his wardrobe is minimal........ I myself decided to go minimalistic this year, so I have reduced my wardrobe to a capsule one.

:hug:

 

Oh my! I could never be a minimalist :lol:

But you are right! Izzy might, although I don't quite see him thinking in terms of wardrobe capsules tbh.  :lol:

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would go up to him. Like when I met Alan Niven last year, I was probably the only person near him who recognized him then I went and talked to him.

I would def like to say something to him if I ever met him, but I'm not sure what :wacko: I mean, how do you even approach a famous person when you are not famous yourself? Tbh I have never EVER done it.  :nervous:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What’s a capsule wardrobe for you? Do you have more than 13 items? Somewhere I read that’s about what you can have. I wached You tube tutorials on that and decided I cannot even decide on so few colours. It’s overwhelming in the choice-situation for me.

I didn't count them but I got rid of all the things I have not wore in a year or so. And you can choose a palette if you want  (because that makes it easier to combine items afterwards) but you could have different colors as well. It is not mandatory to pick just a few colors.

A capsule wardrobe consists of one or two pieces of each item: 2 pants, 2 shirts, 2 or 3 jackets, 2 or 3 sweaters, 2 or 3 pairs of shoes, etc. Usually, when you own 10 pants, you wear only 2 or 3 of them, no one wears their entire wardrobe, that's why it is better to declutter. You don't waste time picking your outfits.

1 hour ago, solstar said:

Oh my! I could never be a minimalist :lol:

But you are right! Izzy might, although I don't quite see him thinking in terms of wardrobe capsules tbh.  :lol:

Believe me you can when you start learning about this movement and get to understand what it really is about, you realize how much frenetic consumerism affects your life, how many useless things you own and how you can improve your finances by making conscious choices about your consumerism.

It looks to me that Izzy doesn't own a lot of clothes and in general he seems to be a simple guy leading a simple life. That's the essence of minimalism. It's not only about clothes, it covers nutrition, finances, household, feelings, thoughts, it's a philosophy of life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 9:50 PM, Tori72 said:

@dgnr And how are you doing??? Great to see you! :wub:

This thread is dead because nobody’s here. And when we do, soon the wrong people appear and kill it all. It’s not a nice thing to say, I know, but hey, it’s the truth. Not many WT posters are left so it can’t live. :shrugs:

But since I’m here and still being the Izzy girl that I am: yesterday was a happy day because we got this pic from Izzy from April 6 this year. 

55837772_393346031248006_274317456964430

 

He’s alive, looking good, get’s well fed and still skates! Wowza! :lol::wub:

:wow:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d4283094574475832

Somebody tell him to get his butt off a skateboard before he breaks something! :P

I've missed you ladies! I hope you all are doing well! :hug:

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, killuridols said:

I didn't count them but I got rid of all the things I have not wore in a year or so. And you can choose a palette if you want  (because that makes it easier to combine items afterwards) but you could have different colors as well. It is not mandatory to pick just a few colors.

A capsule wardrobe consists of one or two pieces of each item: 2 pants, 2 shirts, 2 or 3 jackets, 2 or 3 sweaters, 2 or 3 pairs of shoes, etc. Usually, when you own 10 pants, you wear only 2 or 3 of them, no one wears their entire wardrobe, that's why it is better to declutter. You don't waste time picking your outfits.

Believe me you can when you start learning about this movement and get to understand what it really is about, you realize how much frenetic consumerism affects your life, how many useless things you own and how you can improve your finances by making conscious choices about your consumerism.

It looks to me that Izzy doesn't own a lot of clothes and in general he seems to be a simple guy leading a simple life. That's the essence of minimalism. It's not only about clothes, it covers nutrition, finances, household, feelings, thoughts, it's a philosophy of life.

Im very thankful that you turned me onto this minimalism stuff. Simple living and border line asceticism has appealed to me over the years. The minimalist stuff on yt is really practical advice, so its easy to act on. Im lucky to live near a zero waste grocer! Now I only own tank tops for shirts... like 20 tank tops but its a start, lol Hand washing some of my clothes is a very meditative activity too. I love that.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×