British Politics

Gracii Guns

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

I still don't get the hate for the Lib Dems over the coalition. I think if anything they were a moderating influence.

The yougov poll is bollocks though as it assumes that The Brexit Party will be fielding candidates which is unlikely if we leave on October 31st with no deal as is looking more and more likely.

She has been no-platformed because of political correctness,

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/the-rcgps-ridiculous-decision-to-no-platform-me/

PS

Haha,

PPS

Bercow has been living it up with tax-payer's money, £13,000 three-day Canada trip, £70 on photos for ''fans'' and £113 per month Sky Sports subscription. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

I still don't get the hate for the Lib Dems over the coalition.

I did not want any form of Conservative (or Conservative-led) government. They allowed David Cameron into Downing Street. It's as simple as that, really.

• Like 1

Boy George has just likened  the idea of a ''Conservative Gay'' to a ''Vegetarian Butcher'' haha. Irrespective, the twitter storm is impressive. 

17 hours ago, Graeme said:

I did not want any form of Conservative (or Conservative-led) government. They allowed David Cameron into Downing Street. It's as simple as that, really.

You're going to love Boris then haha. You'll be wishing for ''Call Me Dave's'' return when Boris is well into his premiership haha.

55 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I bet papers are going to be pushing that annoying football Brexit angle hard.

And what is that angle?

Give it a rest: the football hasn't got anything to do with Brexit. We did not have a referendum on UEFA haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Who would the victims of this alleged patronizing be?

I'm not sure that they have a category as such, I don't understand the question, men, women, children, the elderly, the young, the not so young, I'm sure there some of each.

Pandering? As in him being a politician who panders to his voters?

Precisely.

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

What an utter fanny,

D8JBG0BXYAE7w1U.jpg

what is a weak man and why does it matter?

I love strong women by the way. Though I always pick the lightest bowling ball.

imagine saying "only weak women fear strong men"

what a stupid sign

Edited by action

18 minutes ago, action said:

I love strong women by the way. Though I always pick the lightest bowling ball.

imagine saying "only weak women fear strong men"

what a stupid sign

This is what I mean by patronising, these ridiculous, broad facebook status slogans that are just completely empty, posing as some sort of noble liberal stand when really they suffer from exactly the same kind of stupidity in their premise that the people to whom ol' Saj' is pandering are supposed to be (and some probably are I guess) making a stand against.  I don't think these things have a lot of respect for the intelligence of the people they are noshing off.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

This is what I mean by patronising, these ridiculous, broad facebook status slogans that are just completely empty, posing as some sort of noble liberal stand when really they suffer from exactly the same kind of stupidity in their premise that the people to whom ol' Saj' is pandering are supposed to be (and some probably are I guess) making a stand against.  I don't think these things have a lot of respect for the intelligence of the people they are noshing off.

the slogan litterally starts with insulting people (ie all men who fear strong women) but they are fighting for equal rights anyway, I guess.

and what the fuck would be wrong with fearing strong women anyway? and what is a strong woman? a shouting social justice warrior suing every man who even looks at them? Yeah, I guess I fear them too cos they are utter nutjobs. or do they mean strong, as in being assertive and coming up for their own rights? I love those! It brings life in the bakery store. My wife is a strong woman in this sense, and I wouldn't have it any other way. There is nothing better than being spanked by your gal when telling her I'll do the dishes "shortly" (but I digress).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, action said:

There is a fairly widespread problem that qualified women are discriminated against in certain industries by men who prefer to work with other men, resulting in certain positions, in particular leading positions, mainly being held by men. This "glass ceiling" erected by men prevents "strong" women from realizing their potential. The slogan refers to this by stating that men who hold such qualified women back, are themselves "weak".

It has nothing to do with physical strength, but workplace qualifications and workplace discrimination.

That a politicians takes a stand against this is only commendable to me. It is not more pandering than any other politician taking a clear stand on a divisive issue. That he "insults" men who discriminate against women, is something I am entirely fine with.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There is nothing empty about casting the spotlight at discrimination and patriarchy. And making sure that women have equal opportunities is a noble liberal stand.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For crying out loud Soul, grow a pair of bollocks and stop being a liberal, feminist, Man United supporting, EU worshiping, metrosexual, Trump baiting (to quote Arnold) girly man. 

Why don't you think women should have equal opportunities in the workplace? Do the thought of strong women scare you?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Why don't you think women should have equal opportunities in the workplace? Do the thought of strong women scare you?

What on earth are you going on about? This is less a straw man and more something you've pulled completely out of your arse. 

Are you spasticated on drugs?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

What on earth are you going on about? This is less a straw man and more something you've pulled completely out of your arse. 

Are you spasticated on drugs?

Were we not supposed to say ridiculous things about each other? I was just following up on your nonsense.

So what's your problem with the statement, "Only weak men fear strong women"?

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Were we not supposed to say ridiculous things about each other? I was just following up on your nonsense.

So what's your problem with the statement, "Only weak men fear strong women"?

I said he looked like an absolute fanny, which he in fact does, and is. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I said he looked like an absolute fanny, which he in fact does, and is. 

Nothing to do with the statement? Just his suit and haircut? If he had been holding a sign that said, "Black lives matter" he'd still look like "an absolute fanny"?

Edited by SoulMonster

There is nothing empty about casting the spotlight at discrimination and patriarchy. And making sure that women have equal opportunities is a noble liberal stand.

When done correctly I agree.  And by correctly I mean in a manner which is effective, not standing holding a piece of card with a spurious slogan that doesn't bear even the slightest level of face value scrutiny, as action illustrated in his post.  Its a joke and I don't believe it is being done with any regard for women in hand but rather an attempt to pander to a certain demographic who will go 'oh isn't Sadiq such a noble liberal fella, making such a stand' or 'I'm gonna vote for THAT guy, he cares'.  Its bollocks. 

• Like 1