Gracii Guns

British Politics

10 minutes ago, soon said:

An island decided to cripple its economy and alienate its neighbours as seas levels rise and major weather events increase :lol: 

You should despise the EU given your beliefs. Neoliberal. Ran by dodgy businessmen. Rather poor on environment issues - much poorer than the United Kingdom.

Edited by DieselDaisy

25 minutes ago, soon said:

An island decided to cripple its economy and alienate its neighbours as seas levels rise and major weather events increase :lol: 

:shades:

To put it another way, the EU would need to donate over and above 8-9 billion per annum to the United Kingdom for the United Kingdom to even make a profit per annum. In brief and approximate,

(UK contributes to EU budget) 18.7 billion

minus

(rebate and monies returned to the United Kingdom by the EU as PSRs) 10.4 billion

= 8.3 billion.

EU_budget_net_contributions_jJnxF0M.png

What are the EU fighting over now? How to fill up the 62 billion (7 year) deficit in the budget created by the United Kingdom's departure. (I should point out that we continue to pay into the budget until December when the transition period ends). 

In other news, Sturgeon is upset with Boris for calling her ''that Wee Jimmy Krankie woman'' haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Apparently my country is the second biggest net contributor in the EU... and I'm okay with that.

Funny that there are so many anti-EU sentiments in Poland right now, especially when you look at how much the EU has done for them in the last 16 years. Talk about being ungrateful!

Edited by EvanG

29 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Apparently my country is the second biggest net contributor in the EU... and I'm okay with that.

Funny that there are so many anti-EU sentiments in Poland right now, especially when you look at how much the EU has done for them in the last 16 years. Talk about being ungrateful!

If there have been improvements in Poland I suspect that has as much to do with the collapse of the Eastern Bloc, Solidarność and so forth, and Poland's adoption of capitalism and democracy, as anything else. 

PS

The Poles are not stupid. They, as do the Czechs, employ the ''Eurozone dodge'' by which they deliberately rig their budgets so as not to join the Eurozone - neither of them have opt-outs like the UK and Denmark. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If there have been improvements in Poland I suspect that has as much to do with the collapse of the Eastern Bloc, Solidarność and so forth, and Poland's adoption of capitalism and democracy, as anything else. 

There have been many improvements since they joined in 2004. I know that your hatred towards the EU causes blindness regarding all the good things the EU has done, but you can't ignore this.

Just now, EvanG said:

There have been many improvements since they joined in 2004. I know that your hatred towards the EU causes blindness regarding all the good things the EU has done, but you can't ignore this.

Are you saying there were not improvements 1989-2004?

The big key date in Polish history is 1989, not 2004. It was from that point on where free political parties and elections were permitted. And the fact you do not understand the rise of Euroscepticism in Poland, regarding it as a lack of gratitude, demonstrates that you do not understand the country. This was a country, a former European super power (the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth), which was swallowed up by her neighbours and in effect ceased to exist 1795-1918. It thereafter fell under the dictatorship of the twentieth century's two abhorrent dictatorships and ideologies (Nazism and thereafter Communism), only merging from this abyss in 1989. It is fairly obvious why Poland, the sovereignty of her Sejm, is protective over her nation-state, threatened as it is by EU law and regulations. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you saying there were not improvements 1989-2004?

The big key date in Polish history is 1989, not 2004. It was from that point on where free political parties and elections were permitted. And the fact you do not understand the rise of Euroscepticism in Poland, regarding it as a lack of gratitude, demonstrates that you do not understand the country. This was a country, a former European super power (the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth), which was swallowed up by her neighbours and in effect ceased to exist 1795-1918. It thereafter fell under the dictatorship of the twentieth century's two abhorrent dictatorships and ideologies (Nazism and thereafter Communism), only merging from this abyss in 1989. It is fairly obvious why Poland, the sovereignty of her Sejm, is protective over her nation-state, threatened as it is by EU law and regulations. 

Of course there have been improvements, but you can't deny how much the EU has done for a country like Poland. That's all I'm saying.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/01/eu-poland-10-years-economic

Well  £56bn will do that. If the EU had handed the North/Midlands of England or Wales that amount of net gain, I suspect there would have never been a Brexit. 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't see the category for knocking one out?

I wonder how her parents would've got on under a points based immigration system.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I wonder how her parents would've got on under a points based immigration system.

Apparently they were refugees from Uganda so they would still have been fucked if she had her way but just not under these measures. :lol: 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Apparently they were refugees from Uganda so they would still have been fucked if she had her way but just not under these measures. :lol: 

Ol' Amin didn't fuck around, did he?  He used to be a boxer y'know.  If wars were put down to making the presidents square off (as I firmly believe they should :lol:) he would've ruled the fuckin' world. 

As if the Home Office wasn't already completely dehumanising to people who've come here from around the world, now they just get to be heartless bastards to people from European countries too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Graeme said:

As if the Home Office wasn't already completely dehumanising to people who've come here from around the world, now they just get to be heartless bastards to people from European countries too. 

But she is so sexy whilst doing it.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

But she is so sexy whilst doing it.

I find being a good person attractive. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I find being a good person attractive. 

Broadly speaking I agree with you on most things Gra but on this I'm not sure if that's true. I'd probably (definately) shag a fit Nazi. 

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

Broadly speaking I agree with you on most things Gra but on this I'm not sure if that's true. I'd probably (definately) shag a fit Nazi. 

Is she wearing the uniform? :lol: 

• Haha 2

It all seems quite sensible and reasonable to me. You want to come here to work and you meet the criteria put in place.... welcome. You don't meet the criteria? Best of luck elsewhere. Europeans and those from the rest of the world on an equal footing.

No doubt the Remainiacs will have their knickers well and truly in a twist about it, though.

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

It all seems quite sensible and reasonable to me. You want to come here to work and you meet the criteria put in place.... welcome. You don't meet the criteria? Best of luck elsewhere. Europeans and those from the rest of the world on an equal footing.

No doubt the Remainiacs will have their knickers well and truly in a twist about it, though.

We have criteria here. The Sussex's, especially the prince, dont really meet Canadas immigration requirements. No joke. Like, I don't know the ins and outs, but he could eventually be granted some degree of citizenship/status but it'll be an uphill battle. (except they'll prolly just wave him on in though innit)

21 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Makes perfect sense until you realise that the healthcare, agriculture and hospitality sectors for a start are heavily reliant on people who won't qualify under the new regs. :shrugs: 

1 hour ago, soon said:

We have criteria here. The Sussex's, especially the prince, dont really meet Canadas immigration requirements. No joke. Like, I don't know the ins and outs, but he could eventually be granted some degree of citizenship/status but it'll be an uphill battle. (except they'll prolly just wave him on in though innit)

Corrected on stipulation by HM. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Makes perfect sense until you realise that the healthcare, agriculture and hospitality sectors for a start are heavily reliant on people who won't qualify under the new regs. :shrugs: 

How did those sectors survive before the vast influx of foreign/cheap labour from 2004 onwards?

I don't really buy that argument to be honest. There are a lot of employers who have taken the piss for far too long, paying shit wages for the cheapest labour they can get. Also, the rise in employers using agencies and putting workers on zero hour contracts and not offering the security of a permanent contract and a decent wage is a disgrace. If they can't/won't offer the basics in terms of employing a workforce, they don't really deserve to be in business as far as I'm concerned.