Jump to content
default_

Best sound quality Axl/DC recording

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

makes sense. the could have have photo shopped Axl in though! j/k :lol:

Axl's head on Brian's body even, that would've been acceptable. :lol: Very lazy from whoever was involved. :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlexC said:

Right okay. Well it may be the longest in terms of songs played, I can't think if another show when 25  songs were played.

This is true. My mind instantly thought "duration" rather than song quantity. Yeah 25 is probably a record for them.

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

do they have an intermission for getting drinks and bathroom breaks?? :P

They used to. It was called "The Jack." ;)

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, James Bond said:

This is true. My mind instantly thought "duration" rather than song quantity. Yeah 25 is probably a record for them.

They used to. It was called "The Jack." ;)

Angus's solo is like 20 minutes long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, James Bond said:

This is true. My mind instantly thought "duration" rather than song quantity. Yeah 25 is probably a record for them.

They used to. It was called "The Jack." ;)

hey i love that song, Bon's voice is just so great. i like the "explicit" version best :)

 

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hey i love that song, Bon's voice is just so great. i like the "explicit" version best :)

 

It was something that should have stayed with Bon. It got overplayed big time in the Brian era! Finally it got dropped on the ROB tour after the first night.

I actually prefer the studio version. The lyrics are Bon at his best with the innuendo and wordplay - the same meaning as the explicit version but cleverly masked by a game of poker. The explicit version was funny when I was 12 but I appreciate the subtle approach of the studio version better. 

I think part of what ruins the explicit version for me is, again, just the fact that it was so overplayed. Then just to add insult to injury it was Angus' strip song for the 2003 dates and the Black Ice Tour - thus making the song even longer. Ancient Chinese torture!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It was something that should have stayed with Bon. It got overplayed big time in the Brian era! Finally it got dropped on the ROB tour after the first night.

I actually prefer the studio version. The lyrics are Bon at his best with the innuendo and wordplay - the same meaning as the explicit version but cleverly masked by a game of poker. The explicit version was funny when I was 12 but I appreciate the subtle approach of the studio version better. 

I think part of what ruins the explicit version for me is, again, just the fact that it was so overplayed. Then just to add insult to injury it was Angus' strip song for the 2003 dates and the Black Ice Tour - thus making the song even longer. Ancient Chinese torture!

never saw or heard Brian do it thank goodness. Angus did a strip?? oh my, now that's a thought. so because i did not listen to the Brian version it was not overplayed for me. i like the studio version but the live Bon version is just so cute.

i never even knew the other version ( explicit one ) existed til a friend told me about it quite recently...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

never saw or heard Brian do it thank goodness. Angus did a strip?? oh my, now that's a thought. so because i did not listen to the Brian version it was not overplayed for me. i like the studio version but the live Bon version is just so cute.

i never even knew the other version ( explicit one ) existed til a friend told me about it quite recently...

Really eh? It's on the If You Want Blood live album.

Brian sang it fine and all that but it got so old every tour hearing "here's a song about a dirty woman" and knowing what was next.

Also you never saw the Angus striptease routine?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, James Bond said:

Really eh? It's on the If You Want Blood live album.

Brian sang it fine and all that but it got so old every tour hearing "here's a song about a dirty woman" and knowing what was next.

Also you never saw the Angus striptease routine?

nope. i just could not get into Brian . i am sure he is a wonderful person but he was not my cup of tea vocally.

and no, never saw the  striptease...is there one with Bon? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

nope. i just could not get into Brian . i am sure he is a wonderful person but he was not my cup of tea vocally.

and no, never saw the  striptease...is there one with Bon? :)

No I mean the Bon version was on the If You Want Blood album, and that album is an essential listen if you're a Bon fan! I was just surprised you hadn't ever heard the explicit version because at this point that's definitely the more common version to come across unless it's on the radio.

Striptease - absolutely, it started during the Bon era and usually was set to Bad Boy Boogie. Most accessible version is the Let There Be Rock concert film from 1979. The whole thing is on YouTube in HD. Skip ahead to Bad Boy Boogie and enjoy Angus stripping down to his shorts. That was a show staple until the Rock Or Bust tour when he abandoned it in favour of just slowly removing the tie, coat, etc... throughout the show once he starts sweating like mad. 

Filmed two months before Bon died making among his last performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL this is getting all mixed up. of course i have heard that, i OWN the DVD concert. i have never seen the BRIAN version! :lol:

by the way that pic of Bon is my absolute favorite :wub:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL this is getting all mixed up. of course i have heard that, i OWN the DVD concert. i have never seen the BRIAN version! :lol:

by the way that pic of Bon is my absolute favorite :wub:

God yeah I'm so confused. :lol:

Well if you own that DVD, you've seen the strip tease!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, James Bond said:

God yeah I'm so confused. :lol:

Well if you own that DVD, you've seen the strip tease!

ummmm well i kinda watched this one part where Bon's jeans are ripped. someone told me there was a certain ahhh situation he has? like a wardrobe malfunction?? oh yeah the part where Angus takes his shirt off and at the end pulls his shorts down?? LOL yeah i saw that :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2017 at 5:35 AM, bucketfoot said:

Axl's head on Brian's body even, that would've been acceptable. :lol: Very lazy from whoever was involved. :lol:

right?? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammit!  I missed this.  If you reup, could you possibly IM me?  I'll get a notice, I don't check the site everyday, so I might miss it.  I will check this thread a few times though, hopefully I won't miss it twice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.9.2017 at 8:33 AM, DeadSlash said:

Dammit!  I missed this.  If you reup, could you possibly IM me?  I'll get a notice, I don't check the site everyday, so I might miss it.  I will check this thread a few times though, hopefully I won't miss it twice!

Me too please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×