THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Like I say I hate to say it but would rather you won the league the scousers would never shut up 

Yes that does seem to be a common complaint I hear. It must be bad if United will support us over someone else lol. I know of a few scouse fans and yes you are correct (or at least the ones I know) they are so arrogant and entitled that I don't even engage in conversation with them about football much anymore. I think most United fans I have either spoke to or read comments by feel the same way, rather have us win coz we will lord it over you for a few days then that's it and its onto the next season. Am I wrong in my generalization? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Thing with your lot if you can lord it over us all you want but you got a long way to go to get to 20 titles.

Will be interesting to see how things play out post Klopp and Guardiola

That we have and I can't deny it, we are steadily building more and more though.

It will, all fun and games, end of the day just a game. 

On 29/08/2019 at 6:38 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

City get a piss easy group again

It's all good after countless years of Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern in our groups. 

Even United can get out of their easy group 😂 lot of travelling mind. 

Edited by Ryan95
  • Haha 1

Liverpool to prorogue Premier League until May 2020

Current English Premier League leaders Liverpool have decided to prorogue the competition until Monday 18th May 2020 to ensure they win the title for the first time in 29 years.

The team currently hold a 2-point advantage over holders Manchester City and it is thought the only way to push through what they want is to suspend the competition so no-one can try to stop them getting what they want.

Captain, Jordan Henderson, who was selected by none of the large majority of fans, said, “We very much like the idea of getting our hands on the Premier League trophy, regardless of whether we do it the proper way, or by just changing the rules a bit to suit what we want.

“For too long, the metropolitan liberal elite like Man City, have subjected the country to their success by playing by the rules that were set up long ago by the undemocratic FA.

“Frankly, everyone is sick of these ‘experts’ at footballing skill winning everything by their nefarious methods of being better at putting the ball in the net than everyone else.

“Millions of Liverpool fans demand a title, and we’re going to deliver it to them, so I don’t see how you can argue that our plan is undemocratic.

“It is time for a wholesale change of the way the game is run, and by suspending the competition until after the final matchday next May, we will get what we want and become richer to the cost of everyone else. Of course this is what the people want.”

https://newsthump.com/2019/08/28/liverpool-to-prorogue-premier-league-until-may-2020/

:lol: 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I only watch euros/world cups and when Oranje is playing.

Like yesterday, beating the Germans 4-2. Pretty sure Holland will qualify for the euros after yesterday's victory.

That is good news. It doesn't quite dim memories of the years of occupation but it is a start. 

• Haha 1