26 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

This is pathetic. I dont think they realise just how shit this marketing is and how badly its going to damage them in the long run.

Write a new single (yes a new song).

Is it that difficult for them?

the truth is, they're almost 60 years old. they're extracting heavy money from the nostalgia act. I think they don't even pretend to care about anything else, just getting huge money from endless touring and releasing "new" stuff like SOYL. they don't need to care too much about the future anyway, they'll be retired in 10 years or less.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, zombux said:

I guess they leased a plane and expect to pay with money milked from the AFD boxset and NITL tour. I wonder why they won't just go big and buy some airlines company... it would make more sense than record and release something as stupid as new song, after all. 

Maybe it could be a plane for the fans, with tons of GNR goodies, such as AFD Skull cross cookies, Nightrain wine (just for a taste), all flight attendants dressed as Axl (my choice would be Ritz '88 Axl) and so on...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Once there was this rock n' roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke
We just needed more and more fulfilling... uh-huh
Time went by and it all went up in smoke

If axl only had had a crystal ball and saw himself as a fat slobbery old millionaire with some old nanny he calls his mum in 1992. Or maybe he did?

You wan'da step into my world
It's a sociopsychotic state of bliss
You've been delayed in the real world
How many times have you hit and missed?
Your cat-scan shows disfiguration
I want to laugh myself to death

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, angriestwhopper said:

If axl only had had a crystal ball and saw himself as a fat slobbery old millionaire with some old nanny he calls his mum in 1992. Or maybe he did?

You wan'da step into my world
It's a sociopsychotic state of bliss
You've been delayed in the real world
How many times have you hit and missed?
Your cat-scan shows disfiguration
I want to laugh myself to death

Oh come on! Give the guy a break.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

Maybe it could be a plane for the fans, with tons of GNR goodies, such as AFD Skull cross cookies, Nightrain wine (just for a taste), all flight attendants dressed as Axl (my choice would be Ritz '88 Axl) and so on...

or the plane will be perfectly normal in the interior, just every seat gets a GNR cloth patch, handpicked by Fernando. people will even be able to keep it after the flight, for a bargain of $199. that seems way more possible than what you wrote, LOL

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Oh come on! Give the guy a break.

From what milking everyone?

Have you got shares in black frog?

8 minutes ago, zombux said:

the truth is, they're almost 60 years old. they're extracting heavy money from the nostalgia act. I think they don't even pretend to care about anything else, just getting huge money from endless touring and releasing "new" stuff like SOYL. they don't need to care too much about the future anyway, they'll be retired in 10 years or less.

Your probably right :(

6 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

From what milking everyone?

Have you got shares in black frog?

Your probably right :(

Who is forcing anyone to buy anything? Tickets,the $1,000 box set etc are all wants/luxuries not necessities. They have every right to make as much money as they can just as you have the right to not give them any of yours. 

• Like 1

The more we sit and congratulate shit like getting some logos on a shit plane the further away GNR are being pushed.

Release a new fucking album or change the setlist. No one wants to pay 1k to sit on a old plane with a photocopy of a setlist from 1986  and a lukewarm coffee.

After watching the gig at download last week its properly pissed me off the state of GNR. wtf is going on

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

No one wants to pay 1k to sit on a old plane with a photocopy of a setlist from 1986  and a lukewarm coffee.

This made me LOL.

You have to admit that GNR are keeping us entertained lately :popcorn:

51 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Who is forcing anyone to buy anything? Tickets,the $1,000 box set etc are all wants/luxuries not necessities. They have every right to make as much money as they can just as you have the right to not give them any of yours. 

In a real world you’re right. But I have a question for you..Do you know where you are? :lol:

34 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

The more we sit and congratulate shit like getting some logos on a shit plane the further away GNR are being pushed.

Release a new fucking album or change the setlist. No one wants to pay 1k to sit on a old plane with a photocopy of a setlist from 1986  and a lukewarm coffee.

After watching the gig at download last week its properly pissed me off the state of GNR. wtf is going on

I've just literally imagined that coffee and the photocopy and I'm not sure if I want to laugh hysterically or go vomit :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

That Instagram page is private.

I found another one for creativeworkslondon, which seems to be an advertising/marketing agency that also made the tank video and did the 2018 Tour books.  😆

I guess is't to box set promotion...❓😜

37 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

It's a nostalgia act and has been for quite some time. As long as casual fans and hipsters fill and praise those predictable and corporate stadium shows there is no point for them coming up with something fresh and original. If they had any creativity, drive or passion left, they wouldn't play an hour of covers and rather shit out music like crazy knowing the clocks are ticking louder every day. Glad they're around, but sad to see they are basically the total opposite of everything that made me a fan in the first place. This is neither Stones, Zep or even Aerosmith territory anymore, today they are up there with Bon Jovi and Foo Fighters at best. :lol: But I love them anyway, if only for sheer nostalgia.