the eating stuff thread

wasted

9 hours ago, wasted said:

I hit the Krispy Kreme van hard today. Raining just thought I need 6 jelly donuts and a giant coffee. 

I never understood the Krispy Kreme thing. Too sweet for my taste. Although I've never actually been inside a store...

I'd rather support the mom n pops donut shops. If you're a regular and they like you they can throw in freebies sometimes.

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

I never understood the Krispy Kreme thing. Too sweet for my taste. Although I've never actually been inside a store...

I'd rather support the mom n pops donut shops. If you're a regular and they like you they can throw in freebies sometimes.

This was more a one off thing. A van on the street. It was like a movie set or something. 

3 hours ago, soon said:

Pan seared Salmon fillet with dijon/dill sauce and a side of green beans

Salmon is one thing I’ve got to make. I get it from Ikea, nothing to do with my place of birth, I go to Ikea and fight with small restaurants for bags of frozen salmon. Like Kramer. Next level is oven chips. 

I could just go to the Ikea restaurant and get meatballs and salmon. Probably better idea. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

Salmon is one thing I’ve got to make. I get it from Ikea, nothing to do with my place of birth, I go to Ikea and fight with small restaurants for bags of frozen salmon. Like Kramer. Next level is oven chips. 

I could just go to the Ikea restaurant and get meatballs and salmon. Probably better idea. 

8 minutes ago, soon said:

N50NDv1l.jpg

Treated myself to the fresh fillets, with the "45% off - Eat Tonight" label.

Cool low carb. What was that big gap above if not a pic, I wasn’t demanding pics but they are nice. I was going to up

load my burger but it’s kind of hassle. It was just a burger. But the two burgers I could get for 35rmb in carrefour. I’m just a tight bitch really. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Cool low carb. What was that big gap above if not a pic, I wasn’t demanding pics but they are nice. I was going to up

load my burger but it’s kind of hassle. It was just a burger. But the two burgers I could get for 35rmb in carrefour. I’m just a tight bitch really. 

I thought since you were in UK you could see YT vids?

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I’m back in china now. But I was in hk which is like the uk. 

Haha, well this sure is a charming mix up! I posted a Seinfeld clip with Kramer saying "I have the body of a taut preteen Swedish boy" since you mentioned you fight like Kramer and since Ive been riffing on a confusion between Switzerland and Sweden. So, it appeared that you were asking me for pics of me looking like a taught preteen boy. Lord love a duck. 

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, well this sure is a charming mix up! I posted a Seinfeld clip with Kramer saying "I have the body of a taut preteen Swedish boy" since you mentioned you fight like Kramer and since Ive been riffing on a confusion between Switzerland and Sweden. So, it appeared that you were asking me for pics of me looking like a taught preteen boy. Lord love a duck. 

I just go for the race when the doors open to get to the bags of salmon. A Kramer folly. There’s 10 chefs that fight for them. I generally get 4 bags but can’t actually afford them so I given them up. Then get a bag of frozen meat balls. 

13 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Have been going through a Poke bowl phase recently. Love getting the biggest bowls possible, with 5 of the proteins, crab meat, crispy onions and all the sauces. 

Fuck. I just made myself really hungry.

I’ve seen those around. Is it rice bowls or noodles. Must be better than Yoshinoya, Sukiya is hard to kill though.

Poke is Hawaiian?

https://www.urdesignmag.com/lifestyle/2017/11/21/poke-poke-restaurant-shanghai/

Edited by wasted

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

I just go for the race when the doors open to get to the bags of salmon. A Kramer folly. There’s 10 chefs that fight for them. I generally get 4 bags but can’t actually afford them so I given them up. Then get a bag of frozen meat balls. 

Recently I tried a few types of store bought meatballs but I cant abide them. Too firm and bland imo. I tried them because cooking meatballs in sauce at home is so messy. But i think Ive figured it out. After browning my homemade meatballs I'll throw them into the slow cooker to braise.

12 hours ago, soon said:

Pan seared Salmon fillet with dijon/dill sauce and a side of green beans

Gosh I love salmon...even up here we have had a salmon shortage in the rivers so it still costs a pretty penny per pound. This is for wild caught AK salmon mind you. :) Your dish looks delish! 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, soon said:

Recently I tried a few types of store bought meatballs but I cant abide them. Too firm and bland imo. I tried them because cooking meatballs in sauce at home is so messy. But i think Ive figured it out. After browning my homemade meatballs I'll throw them into the slow cooker to braise.

At Ikea they have this strange gravy ketchup sauce. It covers whatever the meatballs taste of. 

I used make beef, onion, mushroom meatballs. Egg holds it together. Salt Pepper Oregano. But key was frying in butter and chili powder. Then just cook one tin of chopped tomatoes. Add nothing. Yin and yang. On Spaghetti like a ho. Mozzerella cheese on top. Black pepper. Jay Leno complimented me on it once at this restaurant I worked at. 

13 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Gosh I love salmon...even up here we have had a salmon shortage in the rivers so it still costs a pretty penny per pound. This is for wild caught AK salmon mind you. :) Your dish looks delish! 

I love it too - definitely a favourite. It costs up there even?! That sucks. I cant begin to imagine how much better it tastes fresh caught, though! :headbang:

45 minutes ago, wasted said:

At Ikea they have this strange gravy ketchup sauce. It covers whatever the meatballs taste of. 

I used make beef, onion, mushroom meatballs. Egg holds it together. Salt Pepper Oregano. But key was frying in butter and chili powder. Then just cook one tin of chopped tomatoes. Add nothing. Yin and yang. On Spaghetti like a ho. Mozzerella cheese on top. Black pepper. Jay Leno complimented me on it once at this restaurant I worked at. 

Sometimes Ill have those at the Ikea restaurant. I dont enjoy them but a trip isnt complete without them for some reason. Probably they give an excuse to have a beer after the zombie march.

Thats pretty cool about Leno. Pan fry right?

I always mean to throw some mushrooms in my beef meatballs but forget. Also excited to try mixing lamb, beef and pork.

11 minutes ago, soon said:

Sometimes Ill have those at the Ikea restaurant. I dont enjoy them but a trip isnt complete without them for some reason. Probably they give an excuse to have a beer after the zombie march.

Thats pretty cool about Leno. Pan fry right?

I always mean to throw some mushrooms in my beef meatballs but forget. Also excited to try mixing lamb, beef and pork.

I saw that on allrecipes other day. 3 types of mince. I think I’ve mixed pork and beef before but not by design. But lamb usually do pure. It’s expensive so don’t mix pig into it. 

I forgot. I was in Mong kok or Shan shui po and my friend got these sausage things. I assumed intestines. But there was two. Both with chili sauce and mustard. I go intestines right? He said no this one is “pig vagina”. No offense but that is gross. 

20 minutes ago, wasted said:

I saw that on allrecipes other day. 3 types of mince. I think I’ve mixed pork and beef before but not by design. But lamb usually do pure. It’s expensive so don’t mix pig into it. 

I forgot. I was in Mong kok or Shan shui po and my friend got these sausage things. I assumed intestines. But there was two. Both with chili sauce and mustard. I go intestines right? He said no this one is “pig vagina”. No offense but that is gross. 

Fair point about lamb. I think pig vagina plays a role in gaining candidacy the UK Parliamentary system, but beyond that I dont think we need it either.

Just rocked a sunny side up egg sandwich on a croissant, topped with guacamole and crumbled smoked gorgonzola.