*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Where was it said this song is about child abuse? Thats dark as fuck, especially if the lyrics are something like "who did this to you"

On another forum. A guy said the lyrics were 

do you remember who did it?

who did that to you?

who would do this, to you?

who would do this to you? to the young!

2 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

On another forum. A guy said the lyrics were 

do you remember who did it?

who did that to you?

who would do this, to you?

who would do this to you? to the young!

Those are the lyrics I derived from the cellphone recording. Whether or not they are correct is up for you all to decide. I don't know who wrote those lyrics on another forum, but they probably also somehow have my version of the song.

3 minutes ago, evader said:

Those are the lyrics I derived from the cellphone recording. Whether or not they are correct is up for you all to decide. I don't know who wrote those lyrics on another forum, but they probably also somehow have my version of the song.

I will say this. Before I seen the lyrics I heard similar words myself. Using good headphones and clearing noise and listening. I don’t know if I can or should post where and who said them though. That being said if you want to know drop me a PM and I’ll tell you. If you do message I have a couple questions if you don’t mind.

Edited by Grayfox

1 minute ago, Grayfox said:

I will say this. Before I seen the lyrics I heard similar words myself. Using good headphones and clearing noise and listening. I don’t know if I can or should post where and who said them though. That being said if you want to know drop me a PM and I’ll tell you.

Thanks Grayfox, but honestly it doesn't matter who or where. I've already had 6 people send me my version and ask me if I knew anything about it. So, I know the full thing is being shared. I hope they didn't pay for it. I'm not even mad about it. Disappointed and surprised, but not mad.

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Where was it said the track is about child abuse though? The alleged lyrics still dont necessarily mean that. If that was there somewhere, I could see the lyrics being semi legit

There is a line in the second part of the soft chorus, and another in the screaming verse that are dead giveaways.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, evader said:

Thanks Grayfox, but honestly it doesn't matter who or where. I've already had 6 people send me my version and ask me if I knew anything about it. So, I know the full thing is being shared. I hope they didn't pay for it. I'm not even mad about it. Disappointed and surprised, but not mad.

No problem. Yeah it really doesn’t matter too much I guess. At this point it’s already hit the masses. By your version do you mean the manufactured “studio” version? And if you don’t mind me asking. Is the cellphone version that’s out your cleaned up version? And were those the only lyrics you thought you heard?

I really can't get enough of this clip :lol: the final section before it cuts out is the most heavy, intense moment I've ever heard from this band, and it's a fucking shame that this has been shelved for seemingly ever

I heard The Colonel (early version of The General) in one of these parties and i dont remember much except that I loved the 3.5 seconds rasp scream on the outro part (sounds like Paris 1992, so raw and dangerous!) and the Bucketfoot "grind riff" is just pure, unadulterated A&F magic!

18 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

No problem. Yeah it really doesn’t matter too much I guess. At this point it’s already hit the masses. By your version do you mean the manufactured “studio” version? And if you don’t mind me asking. Is the cellphone version that’s out your cleaned up version? And were those the only lyrics you thought you heard?

Manufactured "studio" version, yes. I haven't heard the cellphone version that's out there, but I suspect it is from the original source. I spent a lot of time cleaning it up, but I don't think I ever sent a full version of my cleanup to anyone. I don't think.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Richardparkerjr said:

Im not sure if their is a better version floating around but the version i just heard on soundclod with all the talking n bs is un lisenable. U guys are better fans then i am to have the patience to lisen more then once. 

Yes, talking is brutal. It makes me question the authenticity a bit. Why do we all know this cellphone recording is real?  The “studio clip” with the ticking sounds actually similar to the cellphone recording so I am surprised the studio version is “confirmed” fake 

I hope the Prostitue video is fake.  It’s a poor man’s Gorillaz video. Given how bad the Better video was, perhaps it’s the only thing that’s legit! 🤔

Edited by nycgunner
Typo

1 minute ago, nycgunner said:

I hope the Prostitue video is fake.  It’s a poor man’s Gorillaz video. Given how bad the Better video was, perhaps it’s the only thing that’s legit! 🤔

The Prostitute video is for the background videos during the live performances, not an actual music video

2 minutes ago, evader said:

Manufactured "studio" version, yes. I haven't heard the cellphone version that's out there, but I suspect it is from the original source. I spent a lot of time cleaning it up, but I don't think I ever sent a full version of my cleanup to anyone. I don't think.

Okay I wasn’t sure. Towards the end in the last 30 seconds it has some strange leveling compared to the rest and distortion you’d get from noise removal and compression. So I figured I’d ask.

Ok found it. Can't make much out, to be honest.

Was my post hidden by a mod or something? I wasn't asking for a link, or trying to be "sneaky" and asking by not asking. Jeez, at least tell me that's what you're doing.

DT2LQzAV4AAxkrm.jpg

Edited by luciusfunk

3 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

hope the Prostitue video is fake.  It’s a poor man’s Gorillaz video. Given how bad the Better video was, perhaps it’s the only thing that’s legit

The video seems to align with what Goldstein wrotte to Axl on that letter, a video completely made with stock footage where they wouldnt spend a penny, so I assume it is legit.