*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

5 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Well in defense he had never claimed to have anything other than a phone recording of The General for “new material”. But the hoarder community is larger than him and his group. We can also take into consideration Goin Down, Silkworms and Oh My God come from the same source. If that’s the case there’s a guitar mix version of Atlas, somewhere. Then IF you’re trying to sell and trade unreleased stuff you’ll keep anything that potentially can hold value. A 2 min cellphone clip of a unreleased song tossed with remixes and proshots holds value. Allowing you to sell that without worry and if you have the actual studio version you’re able to maintain it on the downlow. I’m not saying he has the actual studio version of The General or any other tracks but if you’re able to sell a shit clip then sell a studio version to the same person you’re going to do it. Just like if you’re going to trade a clip and get something else you’ll try to keep the best until you have no other options. Hypothetically if he has more what we got was the bottom of the barrel.

Sure, but what I mean is: if he kept this bad quality clip for so long, it must mean he doesn't have the real deal (I thought he had it, don't know why I had this in mind, he has said so much stuff I may have been confused). Apparently he got this clip in 2010, it just leaked today, so... I highly doubt he has the studio version. 

If I had both in my possession in 2010 and if I put myself in the mindset of selling this kind of stuff... I'd have sold that clip in a package much sooner, when the value was supposedly higher, when the CD hype was there. And would have waited to sell the studio version later on. But he's kept this clip for 8 years. It says a lot.

I really doubt we'll get much more than we have now, until an official release (which may never happen) : (

However, it seems to me some of the leaks we got have been dumbed down on purpose. The Shackler's remix doesn't seem complete (there's a nasty cut during the last solo, very weird, Brian wouldn't do that), OMG and Silkworms aren't what I'd call proper studio quality, and of course, I know the HOB original file is 10GB, which isn't what we got. I'm happy the man who bought it leaked this to us, I hope he'll leak it again in the original quality. Other than that, I don't see what we can expect.

Sure there's the Checkmate clip that's been floating for a long time, and may suggest someone has the full song. As for the rest... (and if you know more details about this feel free to pm me ; ) )

37 minutes ago, D.. said:

Sure, but what I mean is: if he kept this bad quality clip for so long, it must mean he doesn't have the real deal (I thought he had it, don't know why I had this in mind, he has said so much stuff I may have been confused). Apparently he got this clip in 2010, it just leaked today, so... I highly doubt he has the studio version. 

If I had both in my possession in 2010 and if I put myself in the mindset of selling this kind of stuff... I'd have sold that clip in a package much sooner, when the value was supposedly higher, when the CD hype was there. And would have waited to sell the studio version later on. But he's kept this clip for 8 years. It says a lot.

I really doubt we'll get much more than we have now, until an official release (which may never happen) : (

However, it seems to me some of the leaks we got have been dumbed down on purpose. The Shackler's remix doesn't seem complete (there's a nasty cut during the last solo, very weird, Brian wouldn't do that), OMG and Silkworms aren't what I'd call proper studio quality, and of course, I know the HOB original file is 10GB, which isn't what we got. I'm happy the man who bought it leaked this to us, I hope he'll leak it again in the original quality. Other than that, I don't see what we can expect.

Sure there's the Checkmate clip that's been floating for a long time, and may suggest someone has the full song. As for the rest... (and if you know more details about this feel free to pm me ; ) )

You also have to keep in mind GN’R fans are weird. We got 15-30 seconds sampler of these tracks and people saved them. Someone saved a 2 second clip of a song that was fake for years. If it’s true the guy threatened HIM to get everything.. Under those circumstances you wouldn’t send the guy the actual studio version of The General assuming you had it. Most of the “collectors” archives everything. Also who knows the solo in the cellphone clip could be a different take than the other (hypothetically speaking). I’m just saying it’s not out of the realm of possibility for someone to keep a shit recording for several years even if they had better versions. Best example, I guarantee there’s members on this forum who have the clipped versions of Better and etc. from when they first leaked and people were spreading pieces around. 

The thing I can’t get out of my mind is the fact that we knew he had the tracks and videos. We all know he’s good at getting material and he has stayed adamant about being out of the “game”. After this many years of having the stuff to start shopping it out just seems odd. Then to have everything just fall apart and get screwed out of everything? I just don’t see that happening. I could be completely wrong but I believe it was because everything that leaked had no value anymore. It was a last ditch effort to move the items. I personally find it hard to believe he’d leave himself with nothing. Whether he has anything else or not though is hard to say. I won’t say he does or doesn’t but I know unless he was trying to get out of the “game” he’s not stupid enough to lose everything. And even if he did there’s plenty of others out there with unreleased songs that are losing value by the day. Might not be tomorrow or next week but they will come.

Sorry post kinda got away from me for a minute.

I do believe it's no coincidence, that the first leaks we got are remixes of songs we already know. Also i'm pretty sure that there's more to come within the next days. Something we haven't heard yet, at least in good quality... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrMojo said:

The following is my opinion if you don't agree with it get in the ring:

I know artists jam. I also know skilled musicians can improvise, work on jams while touring you get my drift.

I think this had potential to be a song or could have been something possibly being worked on.

Why?

If this had some heavier guitars, more bass and an 07 Axl singing it would have been a perfect more suited fit to CD.

To add to this guns have previewed new music/unreleased music during concerts. The General, TIL back in the 90's and Prostitute come to mind.

What say you?

Yes

or

Nah Bro

That was a great jam and i remember ripping it to an audio cd and playing it in my car.It could be something,has a strong structure and great guitars.It could be more than a random jam.Every "new" song is somehow played before November Rain...as a piano moving song or an intro to NR.Time will tell.Thanks for posting it again!

• GNFNR 1

The solo that kicks in around the 30 second mark is unreal. It blends in perfectly with the orchestration. I can't wait to hear a studio version of this...I'm a huge fan of movie scores, like Axl, and I loved the direction he was going in with this material. It makes me want "Seven" w/ Marco Beltrami even more. Good stuff here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grogmug said:

The solo that kicks in around the 30 second mark is unreal. It blends in perfectly with the orchestration. I can't wait to hear a studio version of this...I'm a huge fan of movie scores, like Axl, and I loved the direction he was going in with this material. It makes me want "Seven" w/ Marco Beltrami even more. Good stuff here.

Yeah I agree. Besides his work with GNR, Beltramis work is fantastic. Almost safe to say Seven, Thyme, The General and Soul Monster are the songs to hear. Especially Seven since he stated he did the most work on that. So I imagine that’s the one he wrote the guitar part for.

It fucking sucks.

Its a slow shit drum beat for the whole song with no audible vocals and some crap robin noodling.

It sounds like something off the rolling credits of a boring film.

Nothing exciting. Hence why the label isn't paying billions to get it released.

6 hours ago, MrMojo said:

I know artists jam. I also know skilled musicians can improvise, work on jams while touring you get my drift.

I think this had potential to be a song or could have been something possibly being worked on.

Why?

If this had some heavier guitars, more bass and an 07 Axl singing it would have been a perfect more suited fit to CD.

To add to this guns have previewed new music/unreleased music during concerts. The General, TIL back in the 90's and Prostitute come to mind.

What say you?

Yes

or

Nah Bro

Bach described The General as having high screaming vocals from Axl. The heaviest thing he’s heard Axl sing. 

Axl said it was kind of the sequel to Estranged. 

2 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

ive owned studio intro to The General for YEARS but not this new leak w vox

Was the intro to Sydney 2010 n my ex ran security n I own the actual tape they played

Whelp...

Edited by ZoSoRose

7 hours ago, MrMojo said:

Why?

What say you?

Yes

or

Nah Bro

You're probably on to something. I can't remember if it's this show or another Japanese show from that same tour but they also do a REALLY cool instrumental jam prior to Patience. When they get to the end, Axl says "WE SHOULD MAKE A SONG OUT OF THAT!" and it's very obvious that he's referring to the fact that it's already a GN'R song we just haven't heard yet.

edit, found it:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

NONE of the above is THE GENERAL. ASK FELLOW SYD FANS WHO SAT HERE IN DARKNESS BEFORE THE SHOW loll was the entire Instrumental. I picked it immediately n ran backstage to ny ex who was chattin to Richard n hes like fuck it lollllll

3 hours ago, grogmug said:

Yeah its a really good solo. I'm leaning towards Bucket. That user who said it sounded like Maddy's solo was onto something

8 hours ago, evader said:

I don't remember. Maybe?

Back a couple years ago I had a music download app that I got this from. It was called This I Love (alt mix). It's better than the original cd version because the drums and rhythm guitars fill the void that was needed on the original. The mixing was great to because the music didn't over power the vocals. If you did it....great job. If you didn't great job someone else. I also have Oh My God (gtr mix) where someone brought the guitars up front instead of burying them in the mix. It's better than the original imo also. There was no way to know who did either because those music apps gave no information on the tracks. I always thought you might have done those since your silkworms was so good back years ago.