*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

I remember people playing grab ass over Better and Catcher In The Rye and smarmy posts and PMs of lyrics for both, I remember If The World lyrics, Sorry lyrics, Shacklers lyrics, and had a small handful of people tell me they had or heard Atlas Shrugged.

That's all I remember in that department outside of what leaked when and by whom. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember a lot of pathetic lyrics people made up most notably This I Love, Leave Me Alone and Prostitute (Drain Me baby, Drain me baby be my prostitute) A lot of claims of people hearing Atlas and Zodiac. 

As for the leak department, I remember most of the stuff when it leaked. The IRS radio recording (which it was said there was another song on the disc) Better, IRS and TWAT being leaked in clips until they finally leaked in full. 99 Versions Of IRS and TWAT. CITR 10sec clip then the full version. Which that tape was said to have Jackie Chan and another song on it. Then the users on the old CD forum who had tracks. Was definitely an interesting time from 2004-2008 that’s for sure..

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Atlas sounds good but proven fake right?

The general studio clip has some annoying sound overlaying it I assume as some way to hide who leaked it?

Both are fake. Only the cellphone recording of the General is real

Edited by Grayfox

26 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I could only really make out the end of the intro in the clip but hopefully this means it is out there somewhere 

From listening several times and doing noise removal/equalization etc I can make out the following details:

*note I’m not saying the clip begins at the immediate start of the actual song solely based off the clip presented*

Guitar riff with heavy quick singing over the top. That leads into a more mellow and clean section with lighter singing. The lighter singing evolves into a scream over what sounds like a solo from Buckethead(?) It also sounds like there could be singing where the solo is but not certain. The solo leads into an orchestral part picking up pace as it goes. The orchestra ends with a guitar lick and vocals kick in again. It sounds like there’s at least 2 layers over vocals hear singing in different styles. There’s what sounds like a deeper mean sounding vocal track over the top of a higher pitched “raspy” vocal.

*This section sounds like it’s towards the end of the song leading to an outro which wasn’t recorded. Based off this clip and the knowledge of the intro  they use to play Id say The General is roughly 4-4:30 mins. I can’t imagine it being more than 5 mins though.* (Pure speculation and guess work for this part)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Creed said:

Bucket and Robin were the only talented guys in NuGnR. The album is/was very interesting experiment, but it has nothing to do with GnR. The real sound of a post 93 GnR was 'Contraband'.

Well, that's just sort of like, an opinion or whateverrrr, maaaaannnn.....The Replacements were great, in my humble opinion, and Brain was an awesome drummer for Primus.  Check 'em out sometime!

21 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Well, that's just sort of like, an opinion or whateverrrr, maaaaannnn.....The Replacements were great, in my humble opinion, and Brain was an awesome drummer for Primus.  Check 'em out sometime!

yup, also Bumblefoot was a highly skilled guy, same about Josh Freese. Contraband was as far from "classic GNR sound" as ChiDem, just in more or less totally different direction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zombux said:

yup, also Bumblefoot was a highly skilled guy, same about Josh Freese. Contraband was as far from "classic GNR sound" as ChiDem, just in more or less totally different direction. 

Absolutely.  Can't forget The Vandals and Bumble, either.  Contraband was a tight record with a couple of really solid hits, but, aside from Suckertrain and maybe one or two others, it definitely leaned closer to STP and modern alternative than "classic" GN'R.

20 hours ago, Creed said:

Bucket and Robin were the only talented guys in NuGnR. The album is/was very interesting experiment, but it has nothing to do with GnR. The real sound of a post 93 GnR was 'Contraband'.

Not really, VR songs have been extremely modified to fit Scotts tastes. Maybe if we had acess to the demos from before he changed 'em we would see what was going to be a natural progression to GNR, but not the released ones. 

16 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

It's msl's 2 min long.

no it isn't, MSL's original clip is longer and includes Silkworms. this is again only an edit made by leaker, only including The General part with 2:00 length.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, megaguns1982 said:

Btw, anyone remember back in like 2006 when a user on here posted lyrics to “sorry” and everyone just said he was full of shit.... that guy would be a good starting point as he obviously had access to some unreleased stuff.

Glad this clip is finally out there

browsing through some of the threads & signed up to comment on this point though, I believe the
other lyrics that were posted by the person who posted the words to sorry were

"And they say the stars don't look the same I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim"

Is the full VIP clip out there? or is it just the General part.

19 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

It's msl's 2 min long.

You know stuff about the song, right? Could you share your info on whats out there? Im very curious about all chinese material.

Edited by gokken

13 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:
Is the full VIP clip out there? or is it just the General part.

it's not VIP, it's from a party after GNR show at Vienna, 18th September 2010.

and if you read my previous post at least remotely carefully, you'd realise only The General part has leaked and Silkworms part was cut out by the leaker.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zombux said:

and if you read my previous post at least remotely carefully, you'd realise only The General part has leaked and Silkworms part was cut out by the leaker.

Ah I see, I will be sure to read your posts remotely carefully hence forth.

38 minutes ago, zombux said:

It was a "Long story short" therm. But yes, MSL has a longer clip and he's not the leaker, and he wouldn't leak it for anyone (besides WFA, i suppose)

52 minutes ago, gokken said:

You know stuff about the song, right? Could you share your info on whats out there? Im very curious about all chinese material.

Well, as far as i'm concerned, there's "tiers" (Or So I call it)
Normal Tier - Us, normal folks who loves GN'R and are not insiders
Mid-Tier - MSL n' his gang, portugal hoarders, people that had acess to all those files that leaked. Now (As Far As I Know) they're full of shit and don't possess anything we don't have (Besides VMA 2002, that i'm surprised it hadn't leaked yet)
God-Tier - Clans that got atlas, The General, going down, and the other ones. But tryin' to take these musics from them is like tryin' to dry an ice cube. I made contact with some of'em years ago (including the guy that told me about Atlas) and he said me they got "even more" in their posssesion. I'm not tryin' to be the big fish 'round here, the mr. nice guy, the knight of the GN'R community, the new msl, wfa, or any other stupid that keeps blockin' the runway to new songs.
I'm sick n' tired of this hoardin' shit, and for me, the best about all those leaks is that wfa n' msl are full of shit now, their tool disapeared, they're now normal folks when it comes to unreleased songs. 
But, one thing I can confirm.

We're looking at the wrong place.

The dark side of it is that Everything has leaked, besides vma. Back in 2013/14, the only way to get silkworms or the remixes was by trading. I knew a guy who had 20secs of puerto rico and was tryin' to get atlas for it. You can find one of these "god tier" hoarders and talk your way out with'em and maybe, be able to listen to 43secs of the general or 30secs of Checkmate. 
But for me, the only reasonable way it's money. And considerin' what i've saw on the other threads (people mockin' the idea of trading the new songs for money) i'm pretty sure that these are the last leaks in a while. Or maybe, someone can convince beta to empty the 80 songs vault, have some classes with slash, and drive axl's lambo for 2 grand.
"I'm not payin' zwei grand for new leakzs, ziz is not rrright, i'd pay if I had clazis with izlashi, and zu drive axlz lambo"

Edited by NeonKinight
had to spit it out.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

I'm sick n' tired of this hoardin' shit, and for me, the best about all those leaks is that wfa n' msl are full of shit now, their tool disapeared, they're now normal folks when it comes to unreleased songs. 

+1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Where do we need to look? Where do I setup my PC to mine some GNRCoin from this series of tubes? 

See? that's what i'm talkin' about. 
(But GNRCoin was a fantastic idea, i have to admit, ROFL)

1 hour ago, NeonKinight said:

It was a "Long story short" therm. But yes, MSL has a longer clip and he's not the leaker, and he wouldn't leak it for anyone (besides WFA, i suppose)

Well, as far as i'm concerned, there's "tiers" (Or So I call it)
Normal Tier - Us, normal folks who loves GN'R and are not insiders
Mid-Tier - MSL n' his gang, portugal hoarders, people that had acess to all those files that leaked. Now (As Far As I Know) they're full of shit and don't possess anything we don't have (Besides VMA 2002, that i'm surprised it hadn't leaked yet)
God-Tier - Clans that got atlas, The General, going down, and the other ones. But tryin' to take these musics from them is like tryin' to dry an ice cube. I made contact with some of'em years ago (including the guy that told me about Atlas) and he said me they got "even more" in their posssesion. I'm not tryin' to be the big fish 'round here, the mr. nice guy, the knight of the GN'R community, the new msl, wfa, or any other stupid that keeps blockin' the runway to new songs.
But, one thing I can confirm.

We're looking at the wrong place.

The dark side of it is that Everything has leaked, besides vma. Back in 2013/14, the only way to get silkworms or the remixes was by trading. I knew a guy who had 20secs of puerto rico and was tryin' to get atlas for it. You can find one of these "god tier" hoarders and talk your way out with'em and maybe, be able to listen to 43secs of the general or 30secs of Checkmate. 
But for me, the only reasonable way it's money. And considerin' what i've saw on the other threads (people mockin' the idea of trading the new songs for money) i'm pretty sure that these are the last leaks in a while. Or maybe, someone can convince beta to empty the 80 songs vault, have some classes with slash, and drive axl's lambo for 2 grand.
"I'm not payin' zwei grand for new leakzs, ziz is not rrright, i'd pay if I had clazis with izlashi, and zu drive axlz lambo"

Allright, interesting, Thanks for the info!

So you know for sure that Atlas, The general etc is out there for sure?

Could you share something about who these "clans" that are in the possession of the songs are and how they got them in the first place?

5 minutes ago, gokken said:

Allright, interesting, Thanks for the info!

So you know for sure that Atlas, The general etc is out there for sure?

Could you share something about who these "clans" that are in the possession of the songs are and how they got them in the first place?

small groups of hoarders, that share the songs amongst themselves, and they're really strict when it comes to leaks. I bet they got from the same source from where came going down and those lyrics of sorry.

• Like 1