*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

21 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Robin superior than Slash? Are you fucking kidding me?? :lol:

That's like saying Matt Hardy is superior to Hulk Hogan...:rofl-lol::facepalm:

I meant when he said he prefered TWAT without Bucket

55 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

So, this song will never be officially released?

Considering Axl’s reputation for releasing music, probably not

10 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Oh God! Please don't say that... :rofl-lol::facepalm:

nWo 4 life brother

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

And you’re basing that on what?

just seems to be a pattern going on. whenever there is a lot of talk on this forum something leaks.

some said HOB was the holy grail, a few days later it was leaked.

some said BOD and mi amor studio versions existed, a lot insisted they didnt, a few days later they leaked. do you get what im saying ? 

i just get the feeling there is a hoarder either on the forum or watching the forum and leaking what people want most. i could be completely wrong of course. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

21 minutes ago, donny said:

just seems to be a pattern going on. whenever there is a lot of talk on this forum something leaks.

some said BOD and mi amor studio versions existed, a lot insisted they didnt, a few days later they leaked. do you get what im saying ? 

i just get the feeling there is a hoarder either on the forum or watching the forum and leaking what people want most. i could be completely wrong of course. 

The true holy grail is "CD 2" so any unreleased song recorded from 98-2008

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, donny said:

I hear ya on this and it does make some sense BUT the person who had everything leaked what he had already. 

That 2 minute cell phone clip is the only thing that's every been floating around. Regardless of what some new "insiders" who are only repeating versions of why they've been told in PMs are saying. 

The leaker is this current round of leaks IS a user here but he leaked what he had. He doesn't have any sort of studio version of The General to share with us unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

Yes those three leaked and sound good, except that TWAT doesn’t have the extended solo which sucks (Bucket wasn’t in the band.) 

The Blues 2001 should have been how it sounded on the final album. That song suffered from the over production and removing of key guitar parts. 

bucket was ill during 2001. We'd have a world tour, but....

42 minutes ago, donny said:

All these leaks are on circulation now 'cause of deal gone wrong. I've explained a few pages back.
These could be the last leaks for a LONG time. 
But i'd bet that next leak is VMA 2002. I mean, what's the point of hoardin' this now?
It fuckin' amazes me that it hasn't leaked it.

2 hours ago, donny said:

I hope you're right!

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I hear ya on this and it does make some sense BUT the person who had everything leaked what he had already. 

That 2 minute cell phone clip is the only thing that's every been floating around. Regardless of what some new "insiders" who are only repeating versions of why they've been told in PMs are saying. 

The leaker is this current round of leaks IS a user here but he leaked what he had. He doesn't have any sort of studio version of The General to share with us unfortunately. 

So is it safe to say that no one actually has a copy of The General?  But we know for sure Atlas exists because of the Bumblefoot guitar on the left channel etc? As in it was with oMg and Silkworms?

5 hours ago, Propaganda said:

Robin superior than Slash? Are you fucking kidding me?? :lol:

That's like saying Matt Hardy is superior to Hulk Hogan...:rofl-lol::facepalm:

Well, now that you mention it... :P

Although at least Hulk could do a decent looking leg drop... Matt Hardy moves like he's got no knees... anybody else notice that?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

So is it safe to say that no one actually has a copy of The General?  But we know for sure Atlas exists because of the Bumblefoot guitar on the left channel etc? As in it was with oMg and Silkworms?

To my knowledge, no one has a full studio version of The General. I also don't believe any version of Atlas are out there by any means either.

11 hours ago, Forsaken said:

I have heard the song and it is magnificent. The real magnum opus of Axl Rose. 

I want everyone to sit back and realize how important this game is. 

Good to see ya, Forskin!

I wish Axl did a doom metal and industrial album. An album full of songs that sound like Grind by AIC, and Silkworms. Only two ballads, one sounding like Maddy and one with Axl and a piano only.

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

To my knowledge, no one has a full studio version of The General. I also don't believe any version of Atlas are out there by any means either.

Axl does.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

I wish Axl did a doom metal and industrial album. An album full of songs that sound like Grind by AIC, and Silkworms. Only two ballads, one sounding like Maddy and one with Axl and a piano only.

Axl does.

God, i'd love to hear Axl cover a AIC song!! Any of em would do 😅

And yep, Axl does. I know it's his art and he has a right to keep it, but I wish there was an outline on when he plans (if ever) to release the Chinese Democracy second/third parts. I'd easily pay $1000 for Chinese Democracy box set.... $2000 if it was signed by Axl 😊 

At this point in time, we're only gonna get that when he passes, which sucks as i'd rather him know we're enjoying his amazing work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonicjam said:

At this point in time, we're only gonna get that when he passes, which sucks as i'd rather him know we're enjoying his amazing work.

You know it would probably kill him if he releases his so called "big guns" like General and it flops and gets mocked like the whole CD era was/still is, right?

Guy seems to have serious issues with self steem and depression, maybe thats one of the reasons we still havent heard these songs. He fears whats goinng to happen if he faces a new flop. 

2 hours ago, Sonicjam said:

God, i'd love to hear Axl cover a AIC song!! Any of em would do 😅

I'd buy tickets to the next show around my neighborhood if they started performing a track like Man in the Box or Would in their setlist.  :axl:

1 hour ago, default_ said:

You know it would probably kill him if he releases his so called "big guns" like General and it flops and gets mocked like the whole CD era was/still is, right?

Guy seems to have serious issues with self steem and depression, maybe thats one of the reasons we still havent heard these songs. He fears whats goinng to happen if he faces a new flop. 

That is probably 100% why we havent heard these songs

8 minutes ago, Muddy said:

I think I found it , does it sound like it was recorded at a party or something with lots of people talking in the background ?

yes, afterparty after the 2010-09-18 show in Vienna.

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Meh.  TWAT, Prostitute, Sorry, Catcher, Street of Dreams, Better, etc were all considered 'Big Guns'....so having another 1 or 2 'Big Guns' released wouldn't make much difference in terms of his 'ego'.  It's basically to the point that you either like his 'Nu Guns' sound or you don't and I'm sure Axl is ok with that.

If I had to choose between CDII, or a new album done by Axl, Slash and Duff written recently, I would choose CDII. I would only want Axl/Slash/Duff stuff that involves Izzy, or that was recorded in the 90s with Axl adding new lyrics and vocals. I feel like a new record, written and recorded by them now, would be generic rock, not far above Slash's solo work. Slash's work in this decade is far inferior to anything he's done since Contraband.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1