*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

8 minutes ago, Rapidfire said:

A studio version of this leak without the background is out. It's apparently a fake made up with existing CD stuff for trade. but I'll have to say it's a very interesting and impressive fake.

That's already been discussed at length, here:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220958-appetite-for-distortion-ep-74-leakers-revenge/?page=1

16 hours ago, Rapidfire said:

A studio version of this leak without the background is out. It's apparently a fake made up with existing CD stuff for trade. but I'll have to say it's a very interesting and impressive fake.

and i think its sick, sounds like the terrible phone recording as the beat is the same, and more lyrics... hopefully the real deal, just hope its longer as under 3 minutes just aint cutting the mustard for me haha... great beat and def Axl on vocals, with a bit of that piano similar to the intro the were using a few years ago at the start of each show " the eerie music " lol... listened to it a lot last couple days :headbang:

3 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

and i think its sick, sounds like the terrible phone recording as the beat is the same, and more lyrics... hopefully the real deal, just hope its longer as under 3 minutes just aint cutting the mustard for me haha... great beat and def Axl on vocals, with a bit of that piano similar to the intro the were using a few years ago at the start of each show " the eerie music " lol... listened to it a lot last couple days :headbang:

Well it’s definitely fake and the vocals are definitely Axls. Since the vocals were pieced together from the ChiDem multitracks. But this was just a straight remake/interpretation of the cellphone recording. As for the length, the actual studio version of the song most likely is longer than 3 minutes. In my opinion it’s probably closer to 7 or 8 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Well it’s definitely fake and the vocals are definitely Axls. Since the vocals were pieced together from the ChiDem multitracks. But this was just a straight remake/interpretation of the cellphone recording. As for the length, the actual studio version of the song most likely is longer than 3 minutes. In my opinion it’s probably closer to 7 or 8 minutes. 

LOL still love it.. ( its something new than CD all the time on my ipod ) ;)

4 hours ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Who's the forum audio expert that can professionally clean up the audio from the terrible recording and make it proper for listening enjoyment?

Looks like you missed out on the previous discussion involving the complete reconstruction of the clip using ChiDem vocals and other stuff.

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Looks like you missed out on the previous discussion involving the complete reconstruction of the clip using ChiDem vocals and other stuff.

Has there been a straight forward reconstruction of the clip? With no added stuff? I'd prefer a as is mp3 with the audio cleaned up without creative changes. You know what I mean? If it's done as is it's 2 minutes of The General nobody's had before. You can't count it as The General if it has vocals and stuff that doesn't belong to the song and that wasn't played at the after party. It doesn't feel right to have what was played and recorded at the party altered. It's like adding Illusion vocals and instruments calling it TWAT. When it's not the authentic TWAT.

Edited by Axl4ever7

I was just listening to the evader reconstruction and tbh, if the real deal is something close to this I... I dont know, its not really what everyone was expecting. I wouldnt consider this as a "big gun", just something a thousand symphonic/doom/"goth" metal bands have done to exhaustion. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, default_ said:

I was just listening to the evader reconstruction and tbh, if the real deal is something close to this I... I dont know, its not really what everyone was expecting. I wouldnt consider this as a "big gun", just something a thousand symphonic/doom/"goth" metal bands have done to exhaustion. 

From what I could hear on the cellphone recording the music to me sounded original. I can't judge on a reconstruction because it's not a true clean up of the audio. I can judge the music and the guitars sound pretty big from the recording. It might be the doom metal Bach talked about. Heavy stuff. 

22 hours ago, Axl4ever7 said:

From what I could hear on the cellphone recording the music to me sounded original. I can't judge on a reconstruction because it's not a true clean up of the audio. I can judge the music and the guitars sound pretty big from the recording. It might be the doom metal Bach talked about. Heavy stuff. 

Yeah, its just GREAT a fanmade guess after all, but if it is anything like that... meh. It is something "new" in terms of Guns N' Roses songs, but overall thats just generic symphonic metal. 

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Would love to hear a cleaned up version ..... 

I'd like to hear a cleaned up version too. Can someone with the expertise clean up The cell clip and produce 2 minutes of The General you hear on the clip? When I listen to the clip I try to block out the people speaking. If I do that I can faintly hear 2 minutes of The General from the start of the clip to the end of the clip. Can it be accomplished to fix the audio so we hear exactly how The General was recorded in the clip for 2 minutes? 

as far as i can work out nobody can clean it up. if they could it would have been done by now. 

until we get to hear the real thing the Evader version is the best you're gonna get.

10 minutes ago, donny said:

as far as i can work out nobody can clean it up. if they could it would have been done by now. 

until we get to hear the real thing the Evader version is the best you're gonna get.

Well I haven't heard that and would love to hear it.

18 minutes ago, donny said:

Why is it complicated to make a direct clean up of the clip with the audio exactly as it is heard in the clip?

1 minute ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Why is it complicated to make a direct clean up of the clip with the audio exactly as it is heard in the clip?

aint got a clue. i know nothing about the technical side of things like that.

i'm just working on the logic that if it could be done it would have been done.

2 hours ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Maybe because it was recorded with a cell phone....no seperate tracks to split or mute.....and the dirty noises / chitchatting is to much foreground I guess.
But I am not into that technical stuff at all.....It's not a CSI-Vienna case that will be solved within 50 minutes without the commercial breaks>

Edited by avahland
typo

9 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Maybe you can perform a miracle with the clip!

Based I'm what I'm hearing, I highly doubt the full song is more than 5 minutes long. At the very most 5:30, at the very least 4:00. 

The 7 second studio clip that was leaked a while ago is legit btw

As for miracles, I'm no Evader, but I am wafflehead ;) 

8 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Maybe you can perform a miracle with the clip!

he is asking about the Evader clip. no miracles need performing with that. you do know there are 2 clips dont you ? "Evader" and "cell phone" are not the same clip

3 minutes ago, wafflehead said:

Based I'm what I'm hearing, I highly doubt the full song is more than 5 minutes long. At the very most 5:30, at the very least 4:00. 

The 7 second studio clip that was leaked a while ago is legit btw

As for miracles, I'm no Evader, but I am wafflehead ;) 

lol I couldn't clean up the cell clip with audacity. I'm wafflehead with audacity lol maybe somebody can do it!

4 minutes ago, donny said:

he is asking about the Evader clip. no miracles need performing with that. you do know there are 2 clips dont you ? "Evader" and "cell phone" are not the same clip

I heard there's 2 clips. I'm interested in the original cell clip getting cleaned up as is. That hasn't been done yet. In the cell clip it's 2 minutes of The General.