*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

16 hours ago, Propaganda said:

if he didn’t deliver when he said he would for the longest time in 2006 and 2011. Imagine now that he’s saying that’s it’s not a priority.

Man that is so depressing to think about! Axl rose has so much talent and creativity yet in the grand scheme of things, we have very little music from him. Imagine if Elton John, Prince, Elvis, etc only made 4 original albums. Music history would be so much different. Axl gets so much credit for being great, but for me it’s like he is wasting or has wasted his abilities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

2? The only version I've heard has all these lyrics. Is there one that's missing some? 

the intro played from 0:00 to 1:25 is Evader and was never on the "lyric" or "cell phone" version

15 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

Ive read somewhere thats says that recording was from Wien aftershow, I was there and I do not remember this.

I remember hearing Silkworms, If the world (alternate version) and Better (alternate version)

it was confirmed by the guy who recorded it there - see a few pages back in this topic :) 

On 7/29/2018 at 3:42 AM, NeonKinight said:

After the "I'm never ever ever ever releasing this", this may be accurate.
https://genius.com/Guns-n-roses-the-general-lyrics 

I'm 100 percent sure that those are not the lyrics to the actual song. Vocals are so muffled up that you could write something almost totally different going by that and it would sound as accurate as Evaders.

"There's a child now chained to the bed now"

I mean, come on.

On 27/07/2018 at 10:55 PM, Propaganda said:

One thing’s for sure, it’s been 10 years since GNR’s last Album Release, Chinese Democracy.

If it wasn’t for the leaks, we would probably still be crying about it and waiting for it!

So I don’t expect a new release any time soon. Not in the next 5 years or so. Axl clearly indicated that it’s not a priority.

if he didn’t deliver when he said he would for the longest time in 2006 and 2011. Imagine now that he’s saying that’s it’s not a priority.

It's pretty fucked up that we're likely to see an Axl/DC album before a new Guns one.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

4 hours ago, LandOla said:

I'm 100 percent sure that those are not the lyrics to the actual song.

1) Me too. 2) I never claimed they were. 3) Many of the lyrics on that web page don't match my own. Somebody's ears are broken.

4 hours ago, LandOla said:

Vocals are so muffled up that you could write something almost totally different going by that and it would sound as accurate as Evaders.

Please do. The cellphone clip is out there. Man, I really can't wait to hear your work!

Mods, could one of you please delete any links to my horrible, offensive, amateurish effort that nobody reading this right now should ever have heard? Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, evader said:

1) Me too. 2) I never claimed they were. 3) Many of the lyrics on that web page don't match my own. Somebody's ears are broken.

Please do. The cellphone clip is out there. Man, I really can't wait to hear your work!

Mods, could one of you please delete any links to my horrible, offensive, amateurish effort that nobody reading this right now should ever have heard? Thanks.

I don't understand the negativity people are throwing your way...

I like what you did, you tried to create something from a hideous recording and it sounded pretty damn good.  I dunno how you do it but you certainly are talented.

14 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Ive read somewhere thats says that recording was from Wien aftershow, I was there and I do not remember this.

I remember hearing Silkworms, If the world (alternate version) and Better (alternate version)

have u recorded it?

12 hours ago, T-Minus said:

I don't understand the negativity people are throwing your way...

I like what you did, you tried to create something from a hideous recording and it sounded pretty damn good.  I dunno how you do it but you certainly are talented.

I didn't mean to be offensive at all. Sorry if it came out that way.

Evaders clip was interesting to hear, and I'm glad that it was made. The guy obviously has shitloads of talent.

Has it ever been confirmed or at least hinted that the real song is about child abuse?

1 hour ago, LandOla said:

I didn't mean to be offensive at all. Sorry if it came out that way.

Evaders clip was interesting to hear, and I'm glad that it was made. The guy obviously has shitloads of talent.

Has it ever been confirmed or at least hinted that the real song is about child abuse?

read this from 2001. the last paragraph.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37

I don't see child abuse as the topic of OMG. Although many of Axl's lyrics can are abstract and can be taken to mean different things to different people, I see it as Axl's direct statement to former bandmates (especially Slash) and the record label. I could be wrong, but these specific lyrics make me think I'm right.

I was willing to be lost in the shuffle
If only you had let me know
Ooh, well its on with the show

On 8/2/2018 at 8:32 AM, LandOla said:

I'm 100 percent sure that those are not the lyrics to the actual song. Vocals are so muffled up that you could write something almost totally different going by that and it would sound as accurate as Evaders.

"There's a child now chained to the bed now"

I mean, come on.

They are far more accurate than you think. Evader did not just guess based on the clip, he cleaned it up and slowed it down considerably

Yeah, I hear you. And honestly, that's one of the things I like about CD. While some of his lyrics are downright corny (chorus to IRS almost ruins what is otherwise a GREAT song), I find that others, like TWAT and Prostitute, are mashups of his feelings towards former bandmates and girlfriends. Of course, I could be completely wrong!

52 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

OMG is about Child abuse?

"Oh my god
I can't deny this

I've been taught just to kill and fight this
To bury it deeper where nobody can find it
Like nobody wanted to know

So give it away
Like they're not gonna fuck you
How long can you bend
To come back and haunt you
To burn past your feelings
That cause you to suffer

You're starting to bleed
They don't discover
Before its too late
What will you offer
In way of healing
I'm so confused, abused, misused"

by how many times he used absolutistic words, i can tell you that he was really depressed by the time he wrote that.
Depressive people tend to use absolute words (Never, always, completely, etc) 
maybe it hence the "ABSURD" chorus in silkworms...