*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

On 9/4/2018 at 3:49 PM, Stoymatic said:

If The General was released as a single, would you pay for it? 

Would you purchase it the second it gets released?

Or would you surf the web until you find a web page to get it from? 

Of course. Being a musician myself i always buy to support the musician/band. 

I do understand why people don't.. the industry sucks balls. Money men are destroying it all due to their own selfish need for money. Scum of the earth. But some of that money actually gets back to the artists rather than none.

• Like 1

From what I can hear of that solo, it sounds awesome and I thi k it would be a real shame if axl has slash re-record anything from that era. CD and anything unreleased from that period is a true representation of Axls vision at that time so fucking with it any further and removing bucket or robins guitar work would be a shame. This music just doesn’t fit with slash and duff and I’m really starting to understand Axls vision of gnr evolving into something beyond what slash is capable of.

just my opinion.

look at bands like pearl jam, Rolling Stones, AC/DC , u2,  basically any band with longevity and you see that they have their blueprint of what they do, and they really don’t push the boundaries and evolve much.

at least Axl was willing to make the changes and not give a fuck what the industry or fans wanted..... fucker just needs to release some of this stuff... I’ll buy it

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Does anyone have a cleaned up version of the cell phone clip, with some attempt at removing the foreground noise?

This! As much as I appreciate Evaders recreation of it, in the end it's just his interpretion of what he hears. I'd like to listen to the actual song, but the current version is just too filled with foreground noise and I don't hear anything. I've been dying to hear a cleaned up version, but is it even possible to make the vocals any clearer, or is there just too much noise surrounding it?

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

This! As much as I appreciate Evaders recreation of it, in the end it's just his interpretion of what he hears. I'd like to listen to the actual song, but the current version is just too filled with foreground noise and I don't hear anything. I've been dying to hear a cleaned up version, but is it even possible to make the vocals any clearer, or is there just too much noise surrounding it?

I would say that you can probably improve it very very very slightly, with someone who really knows what they are doing, but honestly I don't think there is a way to make the song audible enough to make a ton more out of it

Unfortunately since this is a cell phone mic from years ago that recorded this, and the combination of the non-song noise being so loud and the song being not captured all the way in terms of frequency spectrum due to the cell phone mic, there really isn't a way to "Giles Martin" this like how he de-mixed the Beatles' Hollywood Bowl performance for its recent re-release.

So I guess we either have to wait for a leak, a release (lol), or for Axl to one day play it at another afterparty with someone sneaking in a damn good recorder :P

Edited by WhazUp

This all reminds me so much of the original shitty recording we had of IRS back in like 2003 from that radio show, although this is much worse quality. I was much younger back then and remember listening to that recording over and over lol.

age hasn’t changed me much, I’m still listening to this one over and over 

11 minutes ago, JimmyMick3 said:

Look at them...all dancing away to The General and not having a clue....

Yeah, it always baffled me how a room full of people could just chat over the music and not give a shit that this mythical track that we've heard so much about was blaring through the speakers, but it looks like most of the people there were just models who were paid to turn up.

Although, given the lyrical content of  both The General and Silkworms that were played, I actually find it hilarious how they could act so normal and have no reaction to it.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 2:41 PM, donny said:

this video was shot at the same 2010 vienna aftershow party the cell phone clip came from.

i bet Fashion TV have some very interesting recordings from that party they could share with us :) 

Im on the video...

Nobody notices that katarina Benzova is one of the hostess?

Funny thing is that on the party one of the hostess came to me, and other hostess told her hes nobody and left

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Im on the video...

Funny thing is that on the party one of the hostess came to me, and other hostess told her hes nobody and left

that hurts...

On 9/8/2018 at 9:13 AM, Azifwekare said:

Yeah, it always baffled me how a room full of people could just chat over the music and not give a shit that this mythical track that we've heard so much about was blaring through the speakers, but it looks like most of the people there were just models who were paid to turn up.

Although, given the lyrical content of  both The General and Silkworms that were played, I actually find it hilarious how they could act so normal and have no reaction to it.

No one was probably listening because a lot were probably casuals. If it was backstage at a Def Leppard concert Id probably not give a shit. Even if I was backstage at a concert for a band I like more like Rush or Aerosmith or something I probably wouldn't freeze and listen intensly while I was backstage. GNR is one of the only bands I would do it for and I'm a hardcore. Most people backstage in that setting arent

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Im on the video...

forget the hostesses. we need every detail about every song you heard played at that party :) 

• Like 1