*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

I have been listening to this recording a lot in the last days, and I gotta say that the first minute is incredibly accurate to what I hear on the recording.  The lyrics, the overall vibe and tone of the song, it just sounds very close. I still think that in the solo part of the recording I can hear some quotes or lyrics by Axl. But then, the high-pitch part again seems very accurate.

It’s incredible what evader did. 

9 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

That last 20 seconds or so sounds pretty epic from what I can make of it. These fuckers need to release it. 

At this point if someone has a proper studio version, pm me to talk $

yeah, what he said

Is The General the most anticipated GnR song of the last 10 years?

I wonder how well The General would sell if GnR did release it within the next 6 months?

16 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I mean they could also do like... a single... with a unique album cover... maybe an alternate version.

Then they would get $2.00.

And I would still probably buy an album it's on.

A scandalous idea, to be sure. 

And it sounds like a GnR move too. 

If The General was on some horrible soundtrack with nothing but trash music, I'd still buy it. 

There is no way I wouldn't buy it in any form if ever released.

1 hour ago, Stoymatic said:

yeah, what he said

Is The General the most anticipated GnR song of the last 10 years?

I wonder how well The General would sell if GnR did release it within the next 6 months?

The myth alone would have at least the hardcores wetting their knickers over it if it was released.

Except for me, I'm a double hard bastard so I don't wear knickers, but you get my drift.

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

The myth alone would have at least the hardcores wetting their knickers over it if it was released.

Except for me, I'm a double hard bastard so I don't wear knickers, but you get my drift.

The fact that this song is already considered a myth by the hardcore fans, would kill the song even before release, because people would be disappointed, having built such high expectations of it.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

The fact that this song is already considered a myth by the hardcore fans, would kill the song even before release, because people would be disappointed, having built such high expectations of it.

Tottaly agree. The song is overrated, and it sounds Silkworms style.
I dig it anyways but I think it is not that big of a deal, IDK if the hype is for the name or just fans made it (the hype).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, valengf said:

Tottaly agree. The song is overrated, and it sounds Silkworms style.
I dig it anyways but I think it is not that big of a deal, IDK if the hype is for the name or just fans made it (the hype).

There's better songs than The General on Chinese Democracy... The title track for example... Better, There was a Time...

• Like 1

IMO the hype around this song was iniciated by playing the intro as concert opener and the strong title. To be honest, I'm in fact a little bit disappointed. Yes, it's no studio version, but one can make out, what the song's gonna sound like. 

1 hour ago, Propaganda said:

True, but that song is like Bigfoot. We hear so much about it, then we hear just a taste of what it might sound like underneath that shitty cell phone clip. How awesome would it feel when we finally get the chance to hear it properly, leaked, released or however.

It would be like if we found a real Bigfoot. You'll get some people saying, "Who cares, it's just a big ape", but how cool would it be to finally catch a real one, after years of hoaxes?

33 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

IMO the hype around this song was iniciated by playing the intro as concert opener and the strong title. To be honest, I'm in fact a little bit disappointed. Yes, it's no studio version, but one can make out, what the song's gonna sound like. 

Most of the hype came from guys like Baz telling everyone how epic it was in the years leading up to CD, and that epic orchestral sample only added to it. Then in the clip we heard those screaming rasp vocals at the end - even though we can't hear shit you can still tell those vocals will kick even more ass than the TIL remix rasp.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

True, but that song is like Bigfoot. We hear so much about it, then we hear just a taste of what it might sound like underneath that shitty cell phone clip. How awesome would it feel when we finally get the chance to hear it properly, leaked, released or however.

It would be like if we found a real Bigfoot. You'll get some people saying, "Who cares, it's just a big ape", but how cool would it be to finally catch a real one, after years of hoaxes?

Most of the hype came from guys like Baz telling everyone how epic it was, and that epic orchestral sample only added to it. Then in the clip we heard those screaming rasp vocals at the end - even though we can't hear shit you can still tell those vocals will kick even more ass than the TIL remix rasp.

The more time it takes for that song to come out to the public, the more it will hurt it. Especially when you have people listening to a shitty quality clip over and over again.

Edited by Propaganda

9 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

The more time it takes for that song to come out to the public, the more it will hurt it. Especially when you have people listening to a shitty quality clip over and over again.

Tbh, the general public probably don't even know this song exists - I'll bet the only reason they enjoy the CD songs so much at the gigs is because they think they're new songs with Slash. Let's face it, there's even hardcore fans that haven't even listened to that album all the way through.

• Like 3