*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

1 hour ago, uzi your illusion said:

Thanks for taking a crack at it. That's more then I had.

The General 

do you remember who did it?

who did, that to you...

who would do this, to you?

who would do this to you? to the young!

My hopes, my dreams have died

Now I rest my hate in the rumors as they're pushin' through

There's a child now chained to the bed now

To me it's time I'm always workin' and I'm gonna get out

I think it's high time you should fuckin' die, child

I think its time you've broken everything inside

I won't be ever satisfied

This is why, baby, you know I got you

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I read last night that this cellphone General recording has been floating around since October last year ... How comes it took so long to reach the masses?

Pretty much, I had it since last year. 

19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

How did you first get hold of it ... If you don't mind sharing of course 

People were sharing it at other forum, I just asked it and they sent to me. Simple as that, no mafia bullshit. :shrugs:

Edited by default_

To be honest with you, even though we didn't get to hear it properly with the real vocals and guitars, but only a close up edit and a legit but very confusing clip, I'm already tired of the melody of the song and the main style of the vocals, and I didn't even hear it that much.

I don't think the real thing will ever reach half of the hype that was created around it over the years. I also have my doubts if this song would ever make it as a single. Not only because of the supposed lyrics of it, but also because in my opinion it's not very catchy and it's too dark to be a single.

And that's all on Axl and the Label... Since they refuse to release music, the fans keep salivating for songs they don't know, and keep creating hype for songs they've never heard, and when the songs finally come out, obviously they can't match the hype that it created, with all those interviews, chats and all that. That's all on them... it's their fault! You can't hype a song/an album that you don't plan to release right away in a short period of time.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Creed said:

The only way to make CD successful was to release it as a triple album. The reason we have never heard CD 2 and 3 is because its even worse than CD 1. 

no. Atlas wasn't pulled from CD1 because it was substandard(brian mays guitar playing might be) if it doesn't fit due to running time or type of song on one disc then you dont put the best out first and put the crap on CD2. i think there must be several gems that remain unheard amongst many other tracks. look at dont cry, november rain and YCBM for example. none made the first album. or second. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

God that instrumental before the "you should fuckin' die, child" is scary as shit, I hope that's on the real deal. Fucking amazing job Evader!

that scary shit is the real deal. taken from the intro played at several concerts which has been confirmed by axl as being the General 

2 minutes ago, donny said:

that scary shit is the real deal. taken from the intro played at several concerts which has been confirmed by axl as being the General 

omggggggggg

Never bothered to listen to them, shows how dumb i am :lol: are they still on YouTube or elsewhere?

46 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

omggggggggg

Never bothered to listen to them, shows how dumb i am :lol: are they still on YouTube or elsewhere?

soundcloud link removed before the mods kick my ass 

Edited by donny
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Do we know who played guitar on the general? Did slash or any original members have any involvment on it?

Axl is an original member. i think he may have had some involvement in it.

there are probably 2-5 versions recorded over the past 15 years with different line ups/guitarists. 

• Like 2

So does this actually exist? I have been out of the loop recently but read about these rumours. It's a track that always fascinated me as do the other unreleased CD era songs. If it does exist is it even out there? I have searched everywhere but can't seem to find anything  

One thing’s for sure, it’s been 10 years since GNR’s last Album Release, Chinese Democracy.

If it wasn’t for the leaks, we would probably still be crying about it and waiting for it!

So I don’t expect a new release any time soon. Not in the next 5 years or so. Axl clearly indicated that it’s not a priority.

if he didn’t deliver when he said he would for the longest time in 2006 and 2011. Imagine now that he’s saying that’s it’s not a priority.

• Like 1