*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

10 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

lol I couldn't clean up the cell clip with audacity. I'm wafflehead with audacity lol maybe somebody can do it!

I heard there's 2 clips. I'm interested in the original cell clip getting cleaned up as is. That hasn't been done yet. In the cell clip it's 2 minutes of The General.

The 'invert' option helps a very little bit if you then listen with headphones

3 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

lol I couldn't clean up the cell clip with audacity. I'm wafflehead with audacity lol maybe somebody can do it!

I heard there's 2 clips. I'm interested in the original cell clip getting cleaned up as is. That hasn't been done yet. In the cell clip it's 2 minutes of The General.

there are 4 clips out there. the intro used at concerts, the cell phone clip and Evader versions of both of them.

around 3.30 to 4.00 minutes of the real song are on the net.

I would love to hear the story on how The General was originally obtained (studio version). There is a ton of mystery surrounding The General for me, especially after hearing the story on how the HOB made its way to the USA.

Hey guys. I've heard the evader rebuild. Problem is the first 28 seconds of evader's have Axl vocals. Something like "who would do this to you?" It's hard to make out. But this isn't how the first 28 seconds on the cell clip go. The intros don't match. The cell clip is 2 minutes. evader's is 2:28 minutes. I hear impressive guitars and drums. Is the guitars Bucket? Is it Robin? Is it Bumblefoot? Don't tell me it's DJ Ashba LOL And I hear Axl screaming stuff after them. How much is genuine? How much is evader? Not at all the music captured from cell clip is in evader's. A lot is left out in evader's that you clearly hear in the cell clip. What do we believe? When I listen to the clip I don't hear what evader did. I hear something different. What do you hear? What do you think is left out?  

Edited by Axl4ever7
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Hey guys. I've heard the evader rebuild. Problem is the first 28 seconds of evader's have Axl vocals. Something like "who would do this to you?" It's hard to make out. But this isn't how the first 28 seconds on the cell clip go. The intros don't match. The cell clip is 2 minutes. evader's is 2:28 minutes. I hear impressive guitars and drums. Is the guitars Bucket? Is it Robin? Is it Bumblefoot? Don't tell me it's DJ Ashba LOL And I hear Axl screaming stuff after them. How much is genuine? How much is evader? Not at all the music captured from cell clip is in evader's. A lot is left out in evader's that you clearly hear in the cell clip. What do we believe? When I listen to the clip I don't hear what evader did. I hear something different. What do you hear? What do you think is left out?  

The evader clip is made from scratch. He listened to cellphone clip and remade what he could make out. Think of it as a “reconstruction/reimagining” version of the cellphone clip. Same basic structure but nothing from cellphone version is actually in evaders version. He deciphered the lyrics the best he could and recreated everything in his version with multitracks and music programming.

4 hours ago, Grayfox said:

The evader clip is made from scratch. He listened to cellphone clip and remade what he could make out. Think of it as a “reconstruction/reimagining” version of the cellphone clip. Same basic structure but nothing from cellphone version is actually in evaders version. He deciphered the lyrics the best he could and recreated everything in his version with multitracks and music programming.

None of the guitars in evader's is actually from Guns N' Roses guitarists? Neither are the drums? None of it's real? evader fooled me lol. We need an expert that can do an as is audio as it is heard exactly on the clip. Reimagining what you think you hear is cool but the meat and the bones of the meal is what's actually in the 2 minute clip. I feel uncomfortable with fantasy music. I want the real deal as heard in the clip.

4 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

None of the guitars in evader's is actually from Guns N' Roses guitarists? Neither are the drums? None of it's real? evader fooled me lol. We need an expert that can do an as is audio as it is heard exactly on the clip. Reimagining what you think you hear is cool but the meat and the bones of the meal is what's actually in the 2 minute clip. I feel uncomfortable with fantasy music. I want the real deal as heard in the clip.

are you the ZeroMortals7 guy that got banned from other forum for repeatedly harassing and annoying the other members with similar stuff, or is it just a pure coincidence?

8 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

What does it even matter? Either it's a properly recorded, proper Guns session or it's something else. 

Having this is great, but I don't think having an "expert" cleaning it up would be all that different. You'd still have to fill in blanks, and make educated guesses. 

I'm not particularly fond of this (no offense to Evader, just not that interesting to me), and I wouldn't be very interested in any other type of reconstruction. 

5 minutes ago, default_ said:

Lol @ people complaining about the amazing work evader did, gtfo and do a better job.

Some people never cease to amaze me. The dude recreated one of the most coveted unheard Axl tracks from an almost unlistenable cell phone clip with stunning accuracy. Now, when you listen back to back, the cell clip becomes way more clear. He did an impossible task that makes it easy for the listener to get a clear picture on how the song sounds... And morons still complain

Unbelievable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Some people never cease to amaze me. The dude recreated one of the most coveted unheard Axl tracks from an almost unlistenable cell phone clip with stunning accuracy. Now, when you listen back to back, the cell clip becomes way more clear. He did an impossible task that makes it easy for the listener to get a clear picture on how the song sounds... And morons still complain

Unbelievable

People ungrateful, i have great respect for this fans.

1 hour ago, evader said:

Grayfox, a few posts above, is exactly correct.

Stoymatic, the guy who recorded The G from the party discussed who, when and where he did it earlier in this thread, maybe 20-25 pages back.

Zombux, yes, that is the same Krissy/ZeroMortals person, and they carry their obsessed ramblings into PM also.

Donny, no BBF on the track.

People questioning the lyrics, please dive in and do a better job than I did. I like the song, and would love to hear a better version than I was able to create. Those complaining about it... I don't know what to tell you other than I didn't make it for you. Not trying to be a dick. Just being honest.

Rick, you should have negotiated for the unpublished book. ;) (no, I don't have it)

Everybody else, I'm begging, please stop PM-ing me for my version. I won't share it. Besides, it's 100% faked, and house experts here have confirmed that all the lyrics and instrumentation are wrong.

Thanks, Evader! I do appreciate your help! 

I can't believe people actually are complaining about your take on The General. You try and give people a taste of what they want, but then they complain because it's not an exact copy of the original....blows my mind

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evader said:

Grayfox, a few posts above, is exactly correct.

Stoymatic, the guy who recorded The G from the party discussed who, when and where he did it earlier in this thread, maybe 20-25 pages back.

Zombux, yes, that is the same Krissy/ZeroMortals person, and they carry their obsessed ramblings into PM also.

Donny, no BBF on the track.

People questioning the lyrics, please dive in and do a better job than I did. I like the song, and would love to hear a better version than I was able to create. Those complaining about it... I don't know what to tell you other than I didn't make it for you. Not trying to be a dick. Just being honest.

Rick, you should have negotiated for the unpublished book. ;) (no, I don't have it)

Everybody else, I'm begging, please stop PM-ing me for my version. I won't share it. Besides, it's 100% faked, and house experts here have confirmed that all the lyrics and instrumentation are wrong.

You talkin about the Axl emails?