GNRfanJen

TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier but I was stunned when I heard Trunk say that. 

It's not even a matter of mis-hearing Rick or something. He's been around the music industry long enough to know that would never ever be something a record label would do with music. 

I don't think Trunk fully understood Rick's claim that Universal is suing him. 

Ikr? It's not that hard to understand, any normal person would have just assumed Rick was getting sued from the get go anyway. Maybe Trunk was too busy shouting about how he felt left out at a GNR show and how he devastated the band by leaving to have been paying attention to much else.

He was legit shouting over the entire interview. Is that something he always does?

• Like 1

I read somewhere a headline that said "leaker leaks 97 gnr songs".  If you didnt know that meant 7-8 songs 10 times, it really sounded like a HUGE deal :-)

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

He was legit shouting over the entire interview. Is that something he always does?

Yep. 

Reading thru this the most shocking thing I read is that there are still Axl defenders in the world :lol:

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Anyone know where I can hear the interview?

Few pages back you has the link.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uzi your illusion said:

Am I crazy or just blind. I'm not seeing the link.

It was likely removed in fear of copyright infringement. From the sound of it, it was a shit interview anyway...

To me shadow sounds exactly like Steven. It has stevens "sloppy" "lazy" bass drum playing. 

Also the hihat sounds like the same one they used for Appetite. 

Also. Why would they overdub him with Frank without crediting him?. I doubt that the original drum track was that bad.

1 hour ago, rebeldhipi said:

To me shadow sounds exactly like Steven. It has stevens "sloppy" "lazy" bass drum playing. 

Also the hihat sounds like the same one they used for Appetite. 

Also. Why would they overdub him with Frank without crediting him?. I doubt that the original drum track was that bad.

Knowing Axl, the only thing he probably had Caram do was put samples over his kit like they did with the village sessions

Still in doubt with Shadow of your love?

That song is a remake with the actual GnR. 

On 05/01/2020 at 5:10 PM, themadcaplaughs said:

the $150,000.00 per song UMG seeks are statutory copyright damages

:o Holy shit, I didn't pick up on this when listening to the interview. Probably not a lot of money to GNR or Universal, but uploading just one song could force someone to live in poverty for the rest of their lives. That's me never uploading anything ever again :lol:

GNR paid Rick $15k total but the songs are worth $150,000 each now that they've been leaked and a few hundred fans downloaded them :crazy:

On 1/5/2020 at 2:02 PM, Nice Boy said:

I really don't get how Adler wasn't sure if it was his drumming on Shadow Of Your Love. I mean if you're a professional drummer surely you'd be able to tell if it was you or not, even if the track had been remastered? 

If GNR messed with the multi-tracks timing wise, and added so much processing to each drum component with compression, EQ, other time based effects, etc. that it is a very different sound tonality wise, I can see how a rock drummer who is listening to that changed track 30+ years after the effect could be unsure.

I am still personally in the camp of the drumming is Adler but way processed, and the only "new" track is Slash's lead guitar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Finally been able to listen to this and yeah He ain't the full ticket is he?

I can't find the link. :( 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I can't find the link. :( 

PM me 

Apparently you don't accept them .....entitled much!

Posted (edited)

Baffles me how an " innocent guy " facing a law suit would go out of there way to get on every radio station and news article possible.

I'm no lawyer but I would say that's a terrible move.

Edited by lukepowell1988
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2