Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Juno

Saw that the other night for the first time. Channel 4?

Really enjoyed it

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I watched 'The Rose' a while back and was just wondering how much of is actually based on Janis Joplin's life?

There was stuff about her being all the football team and stuff was this true? I read the film is BASED on her life but was just wondering what was true.

i watched the documentry fog of war on robert mcnamera, on homans suggestion, it was excellent. highly recommend it.

im also working my way thru the series strangers with candy, and later the movie, on angelicas suggestion. i highly, highly, highly recommend it. im only like 6 episodes into it but ive never seen such insanity on tv. it makes its always sunny look like bosom buddies

my favorite line so far, stephen colbert (the history teacher) "ok for next class i want you to prepare some historical poetry on hiroshima but nothing too faggy"

And my tradition of watching a Horror movie every day till Halloween begins with Rawhead Rex.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'm going to try that now!

It's awesome. Tree House Of Horror, Tales From The Crypt, etc also count.

I couldn't get into Rawhead Rex so I went with Bubba Ho-Tep.

My Name Is Bruce is next.

And my tradition of watching a Horror movie every day till Halloween begins with Rawhead Rex.

that is some crazy dedication!

I know it's getting in the way of my drinking problem.

Ha. I saw Rex as a kid. Actually my grandma rented it for me (what the hell was she thinking? :unsure: )

Anyway, it scared me sooo much. Now I just saw it again 15 years later, after my childhood, and now it seems pretty ridiculous. I remember laughing at one scene like crazy. I could hardly breathe. It was so badly made.

I definitely know what you mean, I remeber when I saw IKWYDLS when I was really young and then watched it again like a year or two ago. It was fucking awful.

and Now I shall go onto watching Wes Craven's Shocker

Love this time of year, gotta get into the October feeling....

So, at the moment, im downloading:

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

And, because I wanna see the sequal: FUBAR :lol:

Anyone got any good 'Halloweentime' movies to recommend? Of course I've seen the staples (Halloween, The Excorcist, The Omen, The Shining, Nightmare On Elm Street, etc.)

Love this time of year, gotta get into the October feeling....

So, at the moment, im downloading:

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

And, because I wanna see the sequal: FUBAR :lol:

Anyone got any good 'Halloweentime' movies to recommend? Of course I've seen the staples (Halloween, The Excorcist, The Omen, The Shining, Nightmare On Elm Street, etc.)

Creepshow

Trick R Treat(2008)

Halloween 3

I've been watching insane amounts of film lately. I'll take a director and watch his body of work.

Recently, I've watched: Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Easy Rider, Network, The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Dr, and The Straight Story.

All of those were downright excellent, except for Darjeeling, but that was still very good.

I'm currently watching the series Twin Peaks. On the fourth episode. Lynch is fucking God.