Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to really love movies but its really dying at the moment, cinema in general i mean. i REALLY...like and appreciate its powers and possibilities as a medium but they're not being exercised (at least not in the mainstream). at the moment im going through a Steve McQueen revivial, revisting old flicks like Nevada Smith, Bullitt and Cincinnati Kid (in that order) so those are like the last 3 movies i saw. anyone seen em? http://www.mygnrforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

"Bullitt" and "Cincinnati Kid" are great, recently watched both again. I haven't found much worthwhile in films of late for the most part, although I really enjoyed "Arbitrage" with Richard Gere. Otherwise, I prefer to go back and discover older films.

Did Olly or Al come up wuth that line?

Which line?

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND. not sure why its in caps or not below the quote. the nuances of posting i dont grasp.

Not sure who came up with that. I read that Pacino came up with the "Chichi, get the yayo" line.

I always used to think that Scarface was a remake of that old gangster flick. I saw the orginal Cape Fear other day it was alright. Without DeNiro it's not as good though.

Finally watched Django Unchained last night, goddamn what an awesome movie.

I like the way you die, boy.

Watched Halloween again. I never get sick of that movie.

I tried to rewatch Zero Dark last night. It opens with torture room so i remembered. Put on Departed again. Really noticed how it has the how kids grow up to be gangsters elwment like Goodfellas.

I wouldn't even bother finishing Zero Dark Thirty if I were you.

Watched The Shining and The Seventh Seal last night. I hadn't seen The Seventh Seal before. It was a solid blind buy. Bill and Ted didn't let me down.

The Seventh Seal is one of my favourite movies. Anything by Bergman is good.