Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Watched 30 Days In May, Floyd Mayweather documentary that he done for Showtime that was broadcast a coupla days ago. Review?

An absolute pile of fucking shite to be quite honest :lol: Was really excited for it and everything and it was just an hour of Floyd and his mates and/or family, bird, hangers on going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about what a WONNNNDERFUL lad he truly is...Floyd Mayweather, salt of the earth. It's not revealing, it's not insightful, it's not illuminating, it's just Floyd making it clear to the entire world what a gracious, noble, sensible, hard done by, infinitely talented, intelligent, thoughtful man he is. The entire documentary is basically him after the Cotto fight leading up to his incarceration and him just prattling on endlessly about how wonderful he is, about how he's the next in line from Ali, Leonard etc and, ugh, i honestly don't know how I withstood it, i suppose i was hoping it'd pick up...it fucking didn't :lol:

And the worst thing about it, for everything in his life, for as cool as it all looks...he seems like a very lonely person and...someone that, when it comes to it, has to pay to be liked. He pays strippers at strip clubs and then to follow him to his hotel room to party, he pays for his hangers on, he pays for his big house, he pays and pays and pays and pays and everybody loves him for what he GIVES to them.

Everything about it just looked a total stitch up, he compares himself to Ali, one of his mates or aqquaintances goes on about what he bought to boxing was like, unprescedented and it has never been done before and it's like...no it's fucking not, in fact it's a step down. They're doing like a video thing of backstage after the fight now...i've seen joyous fuckin' scenes after a boxing match, i've seen Ali sweating like a cow, surrounded by flashing cameras and reporters speaking in 80 different languages, a din like you couldn't imagine and the world stopping everytime Ali spoke...Floyds was just...empty, cavernous, clinical looking white rooms with TV equipment set up and like...Justin Beiber there, look awkward and slightly intimidated by the whole scene, it's just empty looking back there.

Also, i don't think he realises how much of a twat he sounds, even when he's trying to kick knowledge. He's like "i get my family everything, i buy them this and that and the other and i think they should be grateful and appreciative" and it's like...do you realise how much of a nobber you just sounded?

Even the girls, the strip club thing, he's there, all his mates, tons of girls and they've all got their kit off dancing and that and he's chucking money all over the gaff but...the whole thing jus looks and feels totally sexless and empty...depressing almost. Then off to his hotel room and the whole thing feels worse there than in the club, all the birds are dancing and Floyd and his mates are trying their best to reenact Tupacs How Do You Want It vid with none of the aplomb or lairyness, to be honest they look a bit awkward and like they're trying REALLY hard to look like they're having fun.

They interview him and he's like "well i feel like if a man can afford to have like, 10 women...then he should have that" and they interview his girlfriend saying how does she feel knowing he shags whoever he wants basically and she's like "no i don't get jealous, i feel like if u let a man be what he is then he'll respect you that much more" right, OK, so, in short, you're saying Floyd shows his respect for you by shagging other birds? RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :lol:

Even his house, the big boy mansion, when it isn't full of people he's invited around that look like they're just there for a free feast and a booze up it just looks horribly lifeless and empty and...almost encroaching, the sort of place you feel like you'd be uncomfortable in your own skin in.

And i'm a huge fan of Floyd Mayweather as a boxer but honestly, this was just a load of cack.

I only watched Gladiator because it had Russell Crowe in it (duty of all Australians to watch films with Australians in them) and Joaquin Phoenix, who I've had a crush on since I saw him in Quills. :wub:

Gladiator was shit. Not even worth it for Russell & Joaquin.

gtfo. Great movie. And Russell Crowe's one of those Australians (ie the famous ones) that are always born in another country but we claim them as soon as they break :lol:
Fuck off! He was born in NZ but only spent 4 years there, that doesn't fucking count! He's lived in Sydney since the age of 4, has supported the Rabbitohs since then and has various levels of input in their support. That makes him pretty fucking Australian to me!!!! Place of birth clearly means little in this day and age. It's where you've legally spent the majority of your life that c sazounts, especially childhood.
Fair call. But for the record I'd consider you as much Dutch as Australian or Lenny as subcontinental as he is British.

Did me a good double short of Japanese movies. Dark Water and Warm Water Under a Red Bridge *shooray for tolerance!s*

Watched 30 Days In May, Floyd Mayweather documentary that he done for Showtime that was broadcast a coupla days ago. Review?

An absolute pile of fucking shite to be quite honest :lol: Was really excited for it and everything and it was just an hour of Floyd and his mates and/or family, bird, hangers on going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about what a WONNNNDERFUL lad he truly is...Floyd Mayweather, salt of the earth. It's not revealing, it's not insightful, it's not illuminating, it's just Floyd making it clear to the entire world what a gracious, noble, sensible, hard done by, infinitely talented, intelligent, thoughtful man he is. The entire documentary is basically him after the Cotto fight leading up to his incarceration and him just prattling on endlessly about how wonderful he is, about how he's the next in line from Ali, Leonard etc and, ugh, i honestly don't know how I withstood it, i suppose i was hoping it'd pick up...it fucking didn't :lol:

And the worst thing about it, for everything in his life, for as cool as it all looks...he seems like a very lonely person and...someone that, when it comes to it, has to pay to be liked. He pays strippers at strip clubs and then to follow him to his hotel room to party, he pays for his hangers on, he pays for his big house, he pays and pays and pays and pays and everybody loves him for what he GIVES to them.

Everything about it just looked a total stitch up, he compares himself to Ali, one of his mates or aqquaintances goes on about what he bought to boxing was like, unprescedented and it has never been done before and it's like...no it's fucking not, in fact it's a step down. They're doing like a video thing of backstage after the fight now...i've seen joyous fuckin' scenes after a boxing match, i've seen Ali sweating like a cow, surrounded by flashing cameras and reporters speaking in 80 different languages, a din like you couldn't imagine and the world stopping everytime Ali spoke...Floyds was just...empty, cavernous, clinical looking white rooms with TV equipment set up and like...Justin Beiber there, look awkward and slightly intimidated by the whole scene, it's just empty looking back there.

Also, i don't think he realises how much of a twat he sounds, even when he's trying to kick knowledge. He's like "i get my family everything, i buy them this and that and the other and i think they should be grateful and appreciative" and it's like...do you realise how much of a nobber you just sounded?

Even the girls, the strip club thing, he's there, all his mates, tons of girls and they've all got their kit off dancing and that and he's chucking money all over the gaff but...the whole thing jus looks and feels totally sexless and empty...depressing almost. Then off to his hotel room and the whole thing feels worse there than in the club, all the birds are dancing and Floyd and his mates are trying their best to reenact Tupacs How Do You Want It vid with none of the aplomb or lairyness, to be honest they look a bit awkward and like they're trying REALLY hard to look like they're having fun.

They interview him and he's like "well i feel like if a man can afford to have like, 10 women...then he should have that" and they interview his girlfriend saying how does she feel knowing he shags whoever he wants basically and she's like "no i don't get jealous, i feel like if u let a man be what he is then he'll respect you that much more" right, OK, so, in short, you're saying Floyd shows his respect for you by shagging other birds? RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :lol:

Even his house, the big boy mansion, when it isn't full of people he's invited around that look like they're just there for a free feast and a booze up it just looks horribly lifeless and empty and...almost encroaching, the sort of place you feel like you'd be uncomfortable in your own skin in.

And i'm a huge fan of Floyd Mayweather as a boxer but honestly, this was just a load of cack.

1. He seems like a giant hooray for tolerance!.

2. His bitch must be dumb as a rock.

3. I needed to take a shower the last time I saw that Pac video so fuckin sleazy.

Guest Len B'stard

Floyd mayweather always came across as an arrogant cock everytime i see or hear him speak so this comes as no surprise to me.

True but you'd think if you're gonna try and make a serious documentary (which the makers have clearly done, tryna film it like this tonal art piece) then maybe you'd make a bit of an effort, you'd think a person might reveal something of himself, you just leave the documentary feeling like there's nothing worth revealing about him. You get the feeling he has absolutely no personality or passion, hardly any mention of the sport, his craft, that he's clearly brilliant at, any passion for it or feelings about it, nope, nothing, just money this and money that and look how great and wonderful I am.

He says the most simple obvious things like they're are profound like "im 36...man dont think the same way as he does when he's 25 at 36...or when he's 18" and its like, sorry, and you had to think to reach that conclusion, did you? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

See, with Tyson, he genuinely didn't give a fuck about wealth, i've never seen Tyson going on about his money, i've seen countless documentaries on him and most of them are just brutal critical self analysis to the point of self loathing but at least he was true, he was real, he talks about the sport like...like an excited little boy, about Jack Dempsey, Tony Canzoneri, Henry Armstrong, all these great legendary boxers, he knows their history, he talks about his shortcomings, he talks about his thoughts and his views of the world and of his situation and...Tyson didn't have to jump up and down to be surrounded by people rating him, they were just there anyway, he came to the ring plain and simple, black trunks, black shoes, no socks, simple as you like, a sweat already worked up, ready for war.

Floyds a magnificent boxer but comparison to my boy Mike? Not in a million bajillion fuckin' years, he's not a quarter of the man Mike Tyson was and still is.

He's sitting there with his mates going "y'know what, there's no one for you to fight Floyd, there's no opponent uh yeah i feel like if Ortiz beats Berto, he should get a rematch...but thats it, who else is there?" and i'm sitting there going MAAAAAAAAAAANNY PACQUIAAAAAOOOOOOOOO :lol: Fuck, even without Manny Pacquiao i could name 5 other guys he could still fight.

Comparing himself to the great Muhammad Ali, give me a fuckin' break.

And also, in the cheapest tit for tat bit of patheticness, he blanks out 50 Cents face in all the footage and its like grow up for fuckssake :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Narcissisim is the key homies. I wonder if i cood learn to spell tho.

I thought was the point Money tho. Like an arrogant prick thats the best. But ultimately a ducker that ruined boxing is his legacy.

Its got to be better than ufc. Im watching now its horrendous. Just do guys trying to fuck each other. And bieber is on mtv. The whole world is a nightmare. Well tv anyway.

Guest Len B'stard

Narcissisim is the key homies. I wonder if i cood learn to spell tho.

I thought was the point Money tho. Like an arrogant prick thats the best.

I didn't i thought maybe there was a human being in there, to be honest it all just seems deeply insincere.

Guest Len B'stard

Its just a doc tho. Prince nazim came over pretty bad too. No but it is. A bad docs are on bio channel all the time. Like just syrupy ass kissing. But maybe money just isnt a deep person.

Naz came off cocky and arrogant but also kinda shy, like it was a put on, Naz had a degree of charisma...and yeah it is a bad doc but its a Floyd engineered bad doc yknow? You'd just imagine it didn't all feel so empty.

Guest Len B'stard

Trivia: Roger Ebert was gonna be the original writer for The Great Rock n Roll Swindle, then titled Who Killed Bambi, Russ Meyer was to direct it. See? It alllllll comes back to The Pistols :lol:

Trivia: Roger Ebert was gonna be the original writer for The Great Rock n Roll Swindle, then titled Who Killed Bambi, Russ Meyer was to direct it. See? It alllllll comes back to The Pistols :lol:

I think that was mentioned in the commentary, but Ebert wrote about it a few years ago in his blog, which included a clip from a documentary, and he posted his screenplay draft... well, it was finished because they started filming the movie. It's not great but at least Ebert tried to make a coherent story. It's a longish-read so put the time aside for a "what could've been".

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2010/04/who_killed_bambi_-_a_screenpla.html

Guest Len B'stard

Nah their first gig was St Martins School of Art, opening for Bazooka Joe for whom Adam Ant played bass. And yeah, i read that Dalshie, its pretty funny!

This was my first Casavettes movie. The Mechanic is Charlie's best, but you need to watch the whole Death Wish series at some point.

Casavettes has evaded me as much as death wish.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Over time, I find myself liking certain films and film genres less and less. Outside of shit like Conan the Barbarian, I hate fantasy films.

Have been watching with The Misfits a lot with the fiancee; it's one of her favorite films.