Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The Last Metro and Spring Breakers. James Franco put in an iconic performance as Alien the drug dealer/rapper/OG Hustler. I highly recommend going to see Spring Breakers if you get a chance. It was like somebody took what should have been the If The World video and turned it into a full length feature film.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest Len B'stard

Watched:

The Shuttered Room - Gig Young, Oliver Reed, Carole Lynley, based on this girl who goes back to the house where he parents died/she grew up and where her familys from and anyway it's on this remote little offshore bit of land inhabited by family members of hers, cousin and what have you and basically it's haunted/cursed etc and lots of fun occurs, it's sort of like Straw Dogs/Deliverance beware of the yokels type movie, Oliver Reeds character and all his little mates seem to be trying to shag the leading lady throughout the movie, despite her being their cousin, it's all very creepy and moody but being from 1967 it has a touch of hammer horror to it, still pretty good movie though and Olly is amazing in it as always.

Guest Len B'stard

Really?!?!?!?!?!!?! :lol: Go on, keep going, where, how, when? :lol: (living vicariously as you can see :lol:) Oliver Reeds my hero.

Guest Len B'stard

He was a fucking legend that lad, for an untrained actor he seemed to have a natural affinity with the camera and acting, aside from all the pisshead stuff. Really gets on my tits that his back catalogue of films spanning like, 40 fucking years is so widely ignored when he was like, one of the biggest box office draws at a certain point back in the 70s, absolutely legendary actor with killer eyes, sort of like a malevolent Marlon Brando.

Ever male on earth would love Sitting Target if they gave it a chance and watched it, really horrible unforgiving type gangster movie in the Get Carter vein.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I just can't watch Gladiator, don't ask me why but...i don't wanna see Olly Reeds last film, it's just sad :(:lol: ...and no he died arm wrestling sailors in Malta apparently. You should really watch Sitting Target though Wasted, i guaran-fucking-tee you'll love it, it really is one of them films.

I only watched Gladiator because it had Russell Crowe in it (duty of all Australians to watch films with Australians in them) and Joaquin Phoenix, who I've had a crush on since I saw him in Quills. :wub:

Gladiator was shit. Not even worth it for Russell & Joaquin.

I only watched Gladiator because it had Russell Crowe in it (duty of all Australians to watch films with Australians in them) and Joaquin Phoenix, who I've had a crush on since I saw him in Quills. :wub:

gtfo. Great movie. And Russell Crowe's one of those Australians (ie the famous ones) that are always born in another country but we claim them as soon as they break :lol:

I just can't watch Gladiator, don't ask me why but...i don't wanna see Olly Reeds last film, it's just sad :(:lol: ...and no he died arm wrestling sailors in Malta apparently. You should really watch Sitting Target though Wasted, i guaran-fucking-tee you'll love it, it really is one of them films.

Ill look for it. Gladiator is pretty good. A bit of a remake of that Kurt Douglas movie. There somevreallyvquotable stuff in it.

gtfo. Great movie. And Russell Crowe's one of those Australians (ie the famous ones) that are always born in another country but we claim them as soon as they break :lol:

Fuck off! He was born in NZ but only spent 4 years there, that doesn't fucking count! He's lived in Sydney since the age of 4, has supported the Rabbitohs since then and has various levels of input in their support. That makes him pretty fucking Australian to me!!!! Place of birth clearly means little in this day and age. It's where you've legally spent the majority of your life that counts, especially childhood.

Watched The Last Metro and Spring Breakers. James Franco put in an iconic performance as Alien the drug dealer/rapper/OG Hustler. I highly recommend going to see Spring Breakers if you get a chance. It was like somebody took what should have been the If The World video and turned it into a full length feature film.

It was April Fools where you come from when you posted that, right?

Not much else about. Side effects is what i want to see. But ive prob built it up too much.

Side Effects was kind of stock. Don't pay money to see it.
Wasnt it Soderberg? im out of options maybe Drive again.

Im watching Oceans Twelve its like a holiday brochure for a vacation. Zeta jones is fit tho innit.

No, it was past midnight. You didn't like Spring Breakers? I thought it was a great satire.

Not much else about. Side effects is what i want to see. But ive prob built it up too much.

Im watching Oceans Twelve its like a holiday brochure for a vacation. Zeta jones is fit tho innit.

It was Soderberg. I found it watchable, yet disappointing.

No, it was past midnight. You didn't like Spring Breakers? I thought it was a great satire.

It was Soderberg. I found it watchable, yet disappointing.
I got it on dvd and AMerican Gangster blu ray.

Guest Len B'stard

Royal Flash - Malcolm McDowell and Oliver Reed (who else? :D)

REALLY good film actually, directed by Richard Lester who, for a point of reference directed The Running Jumping Standing Still Film, A Funny Thing Happened to Me On the Way to the Forum, A Hard Days Night, Help!, How I Won the War (starring John Lennon!), The Knack...and How to Get It and i believe two Superman films although i can't remember which ones. Anyway, it's this satirical comedy thing thats like, pretty much a pisstake of like...well, a lot of things really but primarily like, hero figures. Basically McDowell plays Flashman, this nobleman/soldier/Tory type English upper class bloke whoose like, a war hero and general nobleman when actually he's this complete wally whoose just been like, bumbling his way through history accidentally finding himself in positions where people think he's done all this gallant shit when actually he's just a complete twat and a pussyhound and a fool. Anyway Oliver Reed plays Otto Von Bismarck, who sort of semi bribes him into pretending to be this royal from some European country with a view to pulling a stroke but all is not what it seems. Just one of the funniest films i've seen in a long time, it's got Richard Lesters stamp all over it, it really is a brilliant farce of a movie, i totally reccomend it, some of the funniest lines i've ever heard in a film.

"How DARE you lay your hands on an Englishman, you cabbage eating hounds!" :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen