Film Thread

ssiscool

Watched The Shining and The Seventh Seal last night. I hadn't seen The Seventh Seal before. It was a solid blind buy. Bill and Ted didn't let me down.

The Seventh Seal is one of my favourite movies. Anything by Bergman is good.

What other Bergman movies would you recommend? I was going to download Wild Strawberries next. I also have Fellini's to watch.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The Shining and The Seventh Seal last night. I hadn't seen The Seventh Seal before. It was a solid blind buy. Bill and Ted didn't let me down.

The Seventh Seal is one of my favourite movies. Anything by Bergman is good.

What other Bergman movies would you recommend? I was going to download Wild Strawberries next. I also have Fellini's to watch.

"Wild Strawberries" is a good option. I would also recommend "Persona" and "Winter Light".

Watched Argo (very late) on Saturday night. Fell asleep half way through.

Watched the rest on Sunday. Picked up so many faults and flaws that it was almost hard to believe it was ('based' on a) true story.

And when, oh WHEN, will Hollywood give up on the victorious last scene set to dramatic symphonic music? It was cringeworthy. :lol:

I didnt get argo at all. i guess its americans winning. and its a nice enough triller in the theatre maybe. i just didnt see the point. and like zero dark its impossible to watch again. maybe i just dont like good movies. here comes the boom was much better.

I just don't like movies at all lately. They all seem so hollow and full of flaws. Poor script script writing and directorial views. Argo was actually based on a true story but I find it hard to believe that their plane 'just' managed to take off whilst the Iranian enemy was chasing them down the runway. Fucking bullshit. :rolleyes:

And this won best picture at the Oscars???? :lol:

I just finished watching a movie online called Would You Rather, it was actually one I watched the whole way through and understood the ending. I usually go to IMDB to find out what happened at the end but this one was disturbing but obviously impossible to pull off.

Similar to those movies where a group of people are in a room & one by one are challenged until only one remains.

Edited by rock4eva

Thats what i was thinking. This cant be best picture. Obviously they exeggerate stuff. The whole true story thing is kind of an albatross it raises the stakes. But at least it was americans speaking english and not germans speaking in english like valepire. There are a few good movies. But not many i enjoy. Maybe vinces new movie will save me.

Guest Len B'stard

try Weekend by Godard or Bout De Souffles if you havent. I prefer the Gere remake. Les Mepris for the real deal.

Weekend is a proper headfuck

Watched Argo (very late) on Saturday night. Fell asleep half way through.

Watched the rest on Sunday. Picked up so many faults and flaws that it was almost hard to believe it was ('based' on a) true story.

And when, oh WHEN, will Hollywood give up on the victorious last scene set to dramatic symphonic music? It was cringeworthy. :lol:

Yeah I still haven't watched it all yet, your first sentence sums it up nice for me. I fell asleep one night trying to watch it, made it half way through.

try Weekend by Godard or Bout De Souffles if you havent. I prefer the Gere remake. Les Mepris for the real deal.

Thanks. I'll check them out. I watched Persona, Winter Light and Breathless last night.

Edited by Randy Lahey

You know what movie I just saw again the other day, which is fucking, like, mind-blowing, and I haven't seen it since it came out, is Munich. That movie was Eric Bana kicking fucking ass! Every movie with jews, they're the ones getting killed - Munich flips it on its ear. And not only killing but fucking, like, taking names.

Edited by Lithium

You know what movie I just saw again the other day, which is fucking, like, mind-blowing, and I haven't seen it since it came out, is Munich. That movie was Eric Bana kicking fucking ass! Every movie with jews, they're the ones getting killed - Munich flips it on its ear. And not only killing but fucking, like, taking names.

Munich was like the Jewish Death Wish.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Munich was good, last oof those movies I liked. The Next Three Days was just alight.

Weekend is insane. Bout De Souffle is really a misleading Godard movie, as n it's picture perfect, it's kind of cool. But other Godard is more challenging.

Jules et Jim, is that Truffaut? It's watchable. Fellini is watchable but to me it just looks like a really poncy Cornetto advert.

Weekend is a proper headfuck

its kind of like a prototype natural born killers but with 8 minute tracking shots and chicken slaughter.

Les Mepris is the one I enjoy watching bcos each time I see something new. there's so many in jokes and refs that you miss.