Film Thread

ssiscool

I haven't seen Argo. I remember reading about the story on Cracked two or three years ago when it was declassified and many people in the comments (I think in the article too) were saying that a movie about it was inevitable. Well, sure enough...

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

try Weekend by Godard or Bout De Souffles if you havent. I prefer the Gere remake. Les Mepris for the real deal.

Weekend is a proper headfuck

its kind of like a prototype natural born killers but with 8 minute tracking shots and chicken slaughter.

Les Mepris is the one I enjoy watching bcos each time I see something new. there's so many in jokes and refs that you miss.

I used to smoke gear and watch it thinking the trick to how to make films is in it somewhere :lol: In much the same way i've always thought you can learn to act by watching great actors.

Edited by sugaraylen

try Weekend by Godard or Bout De Souffles if you havent. I prefer the Gere remake. Les Mepris for the real deal.

Getting the Criterion blu-ray of Weekend as well.

Watched Contempt (Le mépris), The Silence and The Fearless Vampire Killers last night. Brigitte Bardot sure had a great ass. I think she might have been the hottest woman of all time. Was Jack Palance supposed to be Robert Evans?

Edited by Randy Lahey

its kind of like a prototype natural born killers but with 8 minute tracking shots and chicken slaughter.

Les Mepris is the one I enjoy watching bcos each time I see something new. there's so many in jokes and refs that you miss.

I used to smoke gear and watch it thinking the trick to how to make films is in it somewhere :lol: In much the same way i've always thought you can learn to act by watching great actors.

the trick to making one is just making one it seems. its just out of your 20s its easy to just jerk it in front of a mirror.

Watched Contempt (Le mépris), The Silence and The Fearless Vampire Killers last night. Brigitte Bardot sure had a great ass. I think she might have been the hottest woman of all time. Was Jack Palance supposed to be Robert Evans?

It's kind of taking the piss out of hollywood a bit so maybe. fritz lang is playing himself. the studio wanted bardot to try and make it more box office.

Django blu-ray rip is out.

Does django need subtitles at any time? Is it all in english? Just with putting my films on usb drive to play thru the blu ray player subtitles for some reason don't work.

I can't recall seeing any, if there were any, they were so minimal it made no difference.

Powell and Pressburger also maybe worth checking out. Matter of Life and Death and Black Narcissus. Probably more brtish. They is something sexy about french. Second world war fantasy.

Jules et Jim by Truffaut. Ive seen another one something about abride.

400 Blows i guess yeah seemed old n shit.

I wish there was a film that was like the 1977 Star Wars meets classic '70s Blaxploitation films.

Like, that high space fantasy feel, with gritty, jive talkin' long sideburn, outrageous clothes wearing motherfuckers with space disco.

Tarantino is on the motherfucker.

Watched Pierrot Le Fou last night. Godard sure loves to have one of the main characters get shot at the end of his movies.

its like his anti convention closure. I like to try to guess what political point hes making with his inter titles. I wonder if hed like I heart huckabees.