Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

Why dont they play Peterborough Ontario?,Axl could bring Bas with him......its not that far from the big T.O. ,anyway that would be good.....cottage country could get in some snowmobiling....

PMC_interior.jpg

Yeah, 'cause couldn't you see them playing an arena that only holds 4000 people? Oshawa maybe, but Peterborough, um, no. They're not Spinal Tap circa 1982.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, a whole tour, 13 dates? I'm so fucking jealous of you Canadians! Axl must love you...

And now that it is already confirmed will you guys pick on me if I ask "please come to Brazil"? Doesn't matter, I'm biting myself of so much envy and I can't stand not asking:

GnR, I want a Brazilian tour too!

Why dont they play Peterborough Ontario?,Axl could bring Bas with him......its not that far from the big T.O. ,anyway that would be good.....cottage country could get in some snowmobiling....

PMC_interior.jpg

Yeah, 'cause couldn't you see them playing an arena that only holds 4000 people? Oshawa maybe, but Peterborough, um, no. They're not Spinal Tap circa 1982.

Cheers,

Andrew

That's awesome. NikkelCrack-BrokenBakk couldn't even sell that show out. I was there to see it first hand. They sukk.

It's interesting how Montreal got a show but British Columbia got left out in the cold. Mind you, perhaps that has more to do with the Olympics than anything else.

Cheers,

Andrew

I wish buddy. I live in Vancouver and Im a huge Gnr fan, but this town HATES Axl! @002 riot. Say no more

I see the 15k arenas selling out, but the 21k bell centre is a long shot.

Hope I'm wrong though.

They will b e lucky to sell 8k10k a show. Most shows will be half full to 3/4 full unless they drop another album.

lol. They sold out Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Halifax in 2006 with NO ALBUM.

They sold out London in 2002 with no album even CLOSE.

What makes you think, with an actual CD, in January/February (when us frozen Canucks need some entertainment) that there's going to be that much of an issue?

Keep in mind the capacity shown is for hockey games, not end stage concerts.

Rock still sells in Canada; GNR went triple platinum here, and it's absolutely awesome that the band is doing a Canadian tour. I'm guessing they sell out half the shows and at least do well the other half. I still know people who rave about the London show in '02 and Winnipeg in '06.

I see the 15k arenas selling out, but the 21k bell centre is a long shot.

Hope I'm wrong though.

They will b e lucky to sell 8k10k a show. Most shows will be half full to 3/4 full unless they drop another album.

lol. They sold out Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Halifax in 2006 with NO ALBUM.

What makes you think, with an actual CD, in January/February (when us frozen Canucks need some entertainment) that there's going to be that much of an issue?

Rock still sells in Canada; GNR went triple platinum here, and it's absolutely awesome that the band is doing a Canadian tour. I'm guessing they sell out half the shows and at least do well the other half. I still know people who rave about the London show in '02 and Winnipeg in '06.

Yeah, the London show in '02 was amazing. Still remembering standing front row singing along to what was then known as "The Blues" when Axl looked down, saw me singing and gave me a nod (I was the only one there who knew the song at the time).

Dude, if you think GNR has a tough time selling 8k in Canada, you're obviously not from Canada. There wasn't a single show that wasn't either sold out or close to it. Everything but Ontario sold out, and I was at the Toronto and Ottawa shows in 06, they were as close to sellouts as you could get (maybe a few hundred seats in arenas that hold close to 20k). In Canada, Chinese Democracy actually went #1 on the charts and went gold the first week of release.

Perhaps there's a reason why Canada is getting such a tour.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

How big are those venues?

they are all arenas anywhere from 10,000 to 17,000

Most are in the 16-18k capacity. I know that the ACC in Toronto and Bell Centre in Montreal holds close to 20k for hockey games, I imagine it's not far off from that.

There are smaller venues like Pepsi Colosseum in Quebec City (15k) and the John Labatt Centre (10k) where I saw my favourite shows. To be honest, the smaller the venue has been the better show. Toronto wasn't that great mostly due to Toronto be a lame place to see anything and Axl likes Toronto so much he takes his time getting to the stage, which doesn't go over well with the business crowd who have to be up at 7:00 to work.

Cheers,

Andrew

montreal's bell center is the biggest arena in north america it holds 21 162, not sure about 162.

riot

Edited by riot

Yeah, the London show in '02 was amazing. Still remembering standing front row singing along to what was then known as "The Blues" when Axl looked down, saw me singing and gave me a nod (I was the only one there who knew the song at the time).

Cheers,

Andrew

No you were not. I was right behind you. :thumbsup:

ACE

Cheers,

Andrew

No you were not. I was right behind you. :thumbsup:

ACE

No way dude, I have that memory ingrained in my head. You never forget when your childhood hero acknowledges you, it was awesome. And I've got to ask, why were you looking at me rather than the show? :o

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Definitely making the 6 hour drive up to London, Ontario! Though, I do hope we'll get a show here in Chicago at some point. I would imagine U.S. dates will follow at some point, riding off the success and word-of-mouth of the Canadian dates.

Although, I will say that in the past Canadian dates have simply been part of the North American tour. Why would they sell this as a separate tour completely this time around?

Could Axl be punishing the U.S. after not so hot sales of C.D. and lukewarm ticketsales in the past? I wonder if it's an issue with finding a U.S. tour promoter as well. Hopefully, we'll get some answers soon!

[

Did Chi-Dem really go triple platinum on Canada???

If so, way to earn your tour Canadians!

If I was Axl then that is where I would head to as well.

One big "thank you for all your support"

I get three gnr shows each an hour drives away, an hour east and I'm in Toronto, an hour west and I'm in London and then an hour south and I'm in Hamilton, that's better then the 20 hour drive I had to take the first time I saw GNR in 2002 and the 3 hour drives I had to take to see them twice in 2006.