Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Duff is the key to the whole thing. There has been friction at numerous points between all of the other Appetite members, but Duff seems to get along with everyone (even as Adler throws him under the bus recently). Duff and Axl rekindled their friendship and I think Duff probably helped Axl see that the grudge was a waste of energy fueled by a lot of miscommunication and bullshit from third parties.

Just to see how this thing goes. If Axl shows up in good vocal form and the Big Three have strong chemistry on stage with no bad stuff behind the scenes, I could see this thing turn into a real band going forward. Sort of a merger of old Guns and nu-Guns. With Slash and Duff in the picture, it would certainly help Axl get new material released by the label. But baby steps first...Coachella cannot be a disaster like MTV 2002, Rio 2011, etc.

Oh, absolutely this could turn into the next big thing. And right after I posted I thought "well I guess the answer is Duff is the answer to everything."

Still, even imagining Duff and Axl having a heart to heart, I could picture Axl saying "I spent so many years saying how I'd never go back. Even if I wanted to now, wouldn't it look like this was all for nothing?" I could see that being hard for Axl to swallow. Maybe all Duff had to say was "if you think it was worthwhile, you don't have to spend your life making others think so too", but it does seem like that hard pill for Axl to swallow all of a sudden became easier. Whether it was money or Duff, I don't know.

Duff is just a really good dude, which is why I find Adler's rant against both Duff and Slash pretty disappointing. "They forget where they were." No they don't you druggie fuckup. Duff cannot drink alcohol or it might kill him. His pancreas exploded and he has to be very careful with his diet as a result. Slash has a pacemaker from all the drugs and booze. Both of them have very strong reminders of the hard living they were known for back in the day. They've both been sober for a long, long time while Adler can't keep his shit together any longer than a year or so. I feel bad for him in the sense that he has struggled so much with it, but at the same time I think it's ridiculous when he blames everyone else for his self-inflicted problems.

• Like 2

Guys cant you see the obvious reason for just Axl, Slash and Duff on this "reunion"? Moneyyy!!!!! Same amount for each (axl, slah an duff) and just a few bucks to pay the tour hired musicians.

I still don't get what changed monetarily for Axl, but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm just curious.

Slash had the divorce, that makes sense that it changed his view a bit.

Duff is a nice guy in between both Slash and Axl. I'm sure he loves the money, but he was also never against this reunion.

It really seemed it would never happen with Axl. Did he just finally give up on what NuGuns was doing? Does he finally need the money a reunion offers? Did he plain grow up and realize he was being childish? Its obviously not the last option, but I do wonder what changed that made Axl so not-against-Slash anymore. By all accounts he could have been King Dick this time and held out saying "oh, you want back in Slash. No way!" Wouldn't that have given him a hard on?

I think that Axl never really hated Slash as much as he wanted it to look like. I think that he said all those things he said because he was hurt (they hurt each other equally as much), he was stubborn and he had the need to prove the world that he could do it on his own. I think that he deep inside missed Slash and that's why it didn't take much to be friends again. I think that all three of them are just glad to be on god terms again and that they will appreciate each other and just enjoy playing together more than before.

• Like 1

Guys cant you see the obvious reason for just Axl, Slash and Duff on this "reunion"? Moneyyy!!!!! Same amount for each (axl, slah an duff) and just a few bucks to pay the tour hired musicians.

I still don't get what changed monetarily for Axl, but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm just curious.

Duff is a nice guy in between both Slash and Axl. I'm sure he loves the money, but he was also never against this reunion.

It really seemed it would never happen with Axl. Did he just finally give up on what NuGuns was doing? Does he finally need the money a reunion offers? Did he plain grow up and realize he was being childish? Its obviously not the last option, but I do wonder what changed that made Axl so not-against-Slash anymore. By all accounts he could have been King Dick this time and held out saying "oh, you want back in Slash. No way!" Wouldn't that have given him a hard on?

I think that Axl never really hated Slash as much as he wanted it to look like. I think that he said all those things he said because he was hurt (they hurt each other equally as much), he was stubborn and he had the need to prove the world that he could do it on his own. I think that he deep inside missed Slash and that's why it didn't take much to be friends again. I think that all three of them are just glad to be on god terms again and that they will appreciate each other and just enjoy playing together more than before.

You're probably right. In the end we'll probably never know the real reason. If anything, it just proves the theory that Axl wasted 20 years here out of jealously. And not just him, but on everyone's part. But at least the others were active. One of the greatest singers of all time released one album in 20 years just because he took the breakup the hardest unfortunately. And I don't dredge that up to cause controversy, but its probably right. He had to prove he could do it on his own, and it led to little creative output. Would love it if that all changed now. Despite all the bad things we say Axl, we do want you to succeed, be happy, and make great music.

You're probably right. In the end we'll probably never know the real reason. If anything, it just proves the theory that Axl wasted 20 years here out of jealously. And not just him, but on everyone's part. But at least the others were active. One of the greatest singers of all time released one album in 20 years just because he took the breakup the hardest unfortunately. And I don't dredge that up to cause controversy, but its probably right. He had to prove he could do it on his own, and it led to little creative output. Would love it if that all changed now. Despite all the bad things we say Axl, we do want you to succeed, be happy, and make great music.

Yeah, it's very sad actually. But I hope that they all learned a lesson and that they will not make the same mistakes again. And Axl if you are reading this - I too want you to be happy, to succeed and to use your talent to make great music! :D And I love you!! :D

• Like 1

Yeah, it's very sad actually. But I hope that they all learned a lesson and that they will not make the same mistakes again. And Axl if you are reading this - I too want you to be happy, to succeed and to use your talent to make great music! :D And I love you!! :D

I love you too Axl. Come and have a threesome with your old pals Gunsfanoldie and GNR-girl. We'll make it worth your while ;) .

I love you too Axl. Come and have a threesome with your old pals Gunsfanoldie and GNR-girl. We'll make it worth your while ;) .

What the fuck...?

Yeah, Axl has been a big waste of talent over the last 20 years. But I suppose it could be worse, he could have gotten himself killed back in the day and maybe we never would have heard Appetite, Lies, UYI. Lead singer of Sublime is a good example and we are damn lucky in that case to have their debut major label album.

Edited by GNRfan2008

This 100%.

That's more like it guys, everybody can have complaints, But this is no time for bashing, Axl, Slash and Duff are all as cool as cool can be and will put on a great show for us GNR fans, let's just all enjoy it together, it can't be that hard, we spent years hoping this would happen and now the same faces are complaining about other bullshit, so come on, we all love the band at the end of the day

• Like 1

Yeah, Axl has been a big waste of talent over the last 20 years. But I suppose it could be worse, he could have gotten himself killed back in the day and maybe we never would have heard Appetite, Lies, UYI. Lead singer of Sublime is a good example and we are damn lucky in that case to have their debut major label album.

Yeah, you're right. We should just be happy that they are all still alive. God forbid that something happens to them before april :mellow:

Duff is just a really good dude, which is why I find Adler's rant against both Duff and Slash pretty disappointing. "They forget where they were." No they don't you druggie fuckup. Duff cannot drink alcohol or it might kill him. His pancreas exploded and he has to be very careful with his diet as a result. Slash has a pacemaker from all the drugs and booze. Both of them have very strong reminders of the hard living they were known for back in the day. They've both been sober for a long, long time while Adler can't keep his shit together any longer than a year or so. I feel bad for him in the sense that he has struggled so much with it, but at the same time I think it's ridiculous when he blames everyone else for his self-inflicted problems.

Slash had his pacemaker taken out after a little bit that was just an emergency measure. He still went back to drinking and doing drugs after getting it taken out. Everyone makes mistakes we're human. Talking shit about adler is just old now and slightly immature you oughta take the hate down a notch Eh? A lot of people would love to see the original five no matter what you may ignorantly think.

Slash had his pacemaker taken out after a little bit that was just an emergency measure. He still went back to drinking and doing drugs after getting it taken out. Everyone makes mistakes we're human. Talking shit about adler is just old now and slightly immature you oughta take the hate down a notch Eh? A lot of people would love to see the original five no matter what you may ignorantly think.

Ignorant? I love Adler's drumming on Appetite and would love to see him be part of it for sure. Go look at a number of my posts here. Matt Sorum is the guy I think is a coattail riding joke. Adler's drumming was an important part of the GN'R sound and he will always be the only real GN'R drummer. But he is a druggie fuckup and it's ridiculous for him to attack his former bandmates when he created the problems for himself.

Adler, ''the only one who has not got his life together''? This is debatable. Didn't Slash, married with two children, get caught shagging his ex-girlfriend, instigating a concurrent and messy divorce proceeding? Didn't Duff relapse during VR era, gaining an addiction to anxiety pills? And Axl's 'life' is beyond description, it is that bizarre.

Paul Tobias is the absolute most embarrassing thing that ever happened to GNR.

On one hand, you have Slash, an icon who earned that title.

And then Axl makes a demand of Slash: this guy Pula Toblias is your equal, Salsh. He will write your music. You must seek his approval and collaboration.

Now imagine if Axl made that demand now, what with Axl being a fat whale who can't sing and Plua Toblias having become a complete absolute zero in the world of music.

Thats such a bullshit and you know it.

Axl brought in Paul Tobias to complement Slash as a guitar player. It was always clear that slash is the main and the lead guitarist in the band. Paul was more of a quiet, in-the-backround kind of guy (just like Izzy). It didn't work out with people like zakk wylde because they were too dominant in their playing.

GNR broke up because Axl and Slash didn't get along anymore. It's not the fault of any of the new guys that were brought in. But whatever.

I'm so happy that Axl and Slash are on good terms now and that Slash and Duff are back in Guns N' fuckin' Roses! This is the best thing that could have happend now and NuGNR was basically dead on the creativ level anyway. But I'm so tired of people complaining about the guys in NuGNR, like it was their fault that they were so unproductive or that the old band broke up. They got hired and of course they would take the gig, why not?

But now that Slash and Duff are back, I'm really looking forward to great shows and hopefully a new album. The guitar duo of Slash and Fortus seems really kick-ass to me.

Adler, ''the only one who has not got his life together''? This is debatable. Didn't Slash, married with two children, get caught shagging his ex-girlfriend, instigating a concurrent and messy divorce proceeding? Didn't Duff relapse during VR era, gaining an addiction to anxiety pills? And Axl's 'life' is beyond description, it is that bizarre.

True. Slash and Duff are together professionally. Izzy is out of the limelight so no one has any fucking idea about him. Axl is anything but normal, but no one really cares cause you can't have Guns without him. Steven is an easy target, and just has had the most public fuck ups and is still the most like a child. But hey, I don't care cause I agree with you. They're all a mess so to say Steven is worse than Axl is saying something.

True. Slash and Duff are together professionally. Izzy is out of the limelight so no one has any fucking idea about him. Axl is anything but normal, but no one really cares cause you can't have Guns without him. Steven is an easy target, and just has had the most public fuck ups and is still the most like a child. But hey, I don't care cause I agree with you. They're all a mess so to say Steven is worse than Axl is saying something.

Assuming Adler was in the reunion, if this reunion was to collapse, losing money etc., I would bet money on it collapsing because of something to do with Axl rather than Steven.

• Like 1

If this thing goes belly-up, it will 100% be Axl's fault, even though he'll release a rambling, disjointed, poorly written wannabe lawyer open letter.

Even if its not his fault it'll be his fault. Slash could fill the stage with gasoline and light it on fire, and people would still blame Axl. Too bad of a track record from Bill Bailey to blame anyone else if this doesn't work.

• Like 1