Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

If you have an iPhone go look at your library of music and go to Guns N Roses...they changed the tab logo to the classic logo we are seeing everywhere again.

Small change but kinda cool that they are going all out on rebranding the name to the classic lineup. Bodes well for a huge world tour.

• Like 1

Yeah in Slash's book he talks about Axl pretty much never going to band rehearsals.

But that doesn't mean he isn't preparing neccesarily. I also remember reading that Slash and Co play so loud in rehearsals that maybe it's not really worth it.

Yeah in Slash's book he talks about Axl pretty much never going to band rehearsals.

But that doesn't mean he isn't preparing neccesarily. I also remember reading that Slash and Co play so loud in rehearsals that maybe it's not really worth it.

I mean, microphones exist.
  • Like 1

I mean, microphones exist.

As do monitors for that matter. Rehearsals for bands of GNR's caliber are more or less "mini-concerts" with all the same types of gear. Definitely not an excuse there.

You can rehearse all you want in the house but it doesn't build up the same energy and stamina that you'd get being in live room and moving around whilst singing.

I think he needs to stop moving around. Stand still like Myles Kennedy or Adele. Would help his singing if he did that even if it hurts his stage presence.

You can rehearse all you want in the house but it doesn't build up the same energy and stamina that you'd get being in live room and moving around whilst singing.

I think he needs to stop moving around. Stand still like Myles Kennedy or Adele. Would help his singing if he did that even if it hurts his stage presence.

I agree. Command the stage like Liam Gallagher does. Let the band do the moving. Without the rasp the songs have no venom. Without venom they're just a bunch of old garter snakes, man. Flaccid and sad in the Coachella sun.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

He barely moved at all in 2014. Compare it to 2012, there's a noticeable difference in his stage presence.

He barely moved at all in 2014. Compare it to 2012, there's a noticeable difference in his stage presence.

Yeah and sounds awful in 2014. Sad to watch, haha.

Yeah and sounds awful in 2014. Sad to watch, haha.

I found he sounded pretty good in 2014 (when Duff was there)