Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

14y8ye9.jpg

OH. MY. GOD.

First time I entered the GNR site in a very long time.

Same :lol:

Good joke (I fell for it) although very upsetting at the time :no:

It would have been funny if he started a thread. The forum would have crashed.

yeah, DJ's emo horse face is still on the front page of www.gunsnroses.com

You should be in the band instead of DJ. You're so beautiful and talented.

Very nice one Skulls, almost fell for it :D

By the way, happened to see this on Facebook & thought to post it here:

50201780.jpg

Billy Corgan (OFFICIAL) love G n R. love Axl. best voice in rock in my humble opinion.

Is that really official? I didn't know Billy liked Axl and GN'R... Cool!

Tommy seems to be having some kind of existential crisis in Abu Dhabi...(from his twitter)

Or maybe Axl is having some kind of bipolarity attack again. He almost quit on 2006 and on the Europe Tour this year. He's great, it would be a big lost if he actually left. I hope he doesn't.

"The internet seems to be... a big garbage can."

Manets, you don't know anything. You aren't insider. Stop dreaming, asshole.

Yeah, that's the official Billy Corgan Facebook. (The Smashing Pumpkins Facebook account has verified him before etc.)

Also he mentions Guns in a recent interview (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/dec/09/billy-corgan-complete-q/):

"Q: Shakti, John McLaughlin’s all-acoustic Indian classical-music-meets-jazz group, once opened a show on Long Island for Black Sabbath back in the mid-1970s. It went so bad that McLaughlin reportedly fired his booking agent the next day. Did the Pumpkins ever have any unlikely opening slots early on in the band's career?

A: We generally did pretty good. The most memorable one was opening for Guns N’ Roses in ‘92 -- and we were all big fans. But their fan base wasn’t happening (for us). We got booed for 45 minutes straight.

It (inspired) one of my favorite lines I’ve ever said on stage. It was in Oklahoma City and (the audience reaction) was one nonstop boo, and it would get worse after each song ended. After about 30 minutes, I managed to shush the crowd down a little and I said: “I realize why you’re all so angry, and you could hear the boos go down because they stopped to hear what I was saying. Then I said: “I realize you’re all so angry because you’re living on stolen Indian land.” That didn’t go over too well."

Tommy seems to be having some kind of existential crisis in Abu Dhabi...(from his twitter)

Or maybe Axl is having some kind of bipolarity attack again. He almost quit on 2006 and on the Europe Tour this year. He's great, it would be a big lost if he actually left. I hope he doesn't.

Oh yeah, I was pretending to know something, jackass. I said "MAYBE", because that's what I think it's happening.

I don't anything, I never claimed to, and will never claim to know if I don't.

Edited by ManetsBR

Oh yeah, I was pretending to know something, jackass. I said "MAYBE", because that's what I think it's happening.

"I know people that have unheard GNR songs, bla bla bla"

"My site had a interview with Buckethead and the guy deleted the email accidently, bla bla bla"

"Tommy almost quit on Europe Tour this year, bla bla bla"

Your problem: use RUMOURS like TRUTH.

"I know people that have unheard GNR songs, bla bla bla"

"My site had a interview with Buckethead and the guy deleted the email accidently, bla bla bla"

"Tommy almost quit on Europe Tour this year, bla bla bla"

Your problem: use RUMOURS like TRUTH.

The fact is that all the 3 things are truth. :rolleyes:

Did you say that Tommy almost quit the band this year? That didn't happen as far as I know. Is there some news I haven't heard of yet? Also, Axl is not bipolar, hence he won't have any attack.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=15243

"Stinson was heard to shout" says who? The journalist's ass? And even if he said that... who said he almost left the band? No-fucking-one. This is a fucking gossip and no one should ever consider this as the fucking truth.

Did you say that Tommy almost quit the band this year? That didn't happen as far as I know. Is there some news I haven't heard of yet? Also, Axl is not bipolar, hence he won't have any attack.

"Stinson was heard to shout" says who? The journalist's ass? And even if he said that... who said he almost left the band? No-fucking-one. This is a fucking gossip and no one should ever consider this as the fucking truth.

"Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop.""

If the journalist had written a positive article you would probably believe it. But since it scares you - you've decided it's fabricated. facepalm.gif

Whatever.

Here's your proof that it's more than possible for a band member to get fed up with how Axl Rose operates...

1) Izzy Stradlin

2) Slash

3) Duff

4) Josh Freese

5) Buckethead

6) Robin Finck

Would another name on that list really shock anyone?

"Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop.""

If the journalist had written a positive article you would probably believe it. But since it scares you - you've decided it's fabricated. facepalm.gif

Whatever.

Have fun with your prime sources of journalistic integrity.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Based on the media relationship with this band throughout the years, i think you would be a fucking fool to eagerly eat whatever bullshit they are feeding you.

I like to get my information about the band relationships straight from the source. If it dont come from Axl or Tommy, then I don't believe a fucking thing, or be as foolish as you seem to be and try to play fucking wizard and interpret a statement from twitter that can be about anything...

"Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the fuck out of shit they don't know anything about. There was no GN'R mutiny or any such thing after the ... "

"Had a great gig in Geneva last nite. We did Catcher for the 1st time in a long while. Axl sounded awesome. See ya in Vienna. yippeeeee"

Tommy Stinson via TweetDeck

"good times at the craps table last nite!!! Axl,myself and our manager Doc all walked away winners!!!yahoo!!! lookin forward to tonight in pr"

Tommy Stinson via TweetDeck

"This has to stop.""

Whatever.

Are you that naive or are you doing it for fun? There's a difference. WHO SAID HE'D LEAVE THE BAND? They obviously made up that story, they're trying to sell. Use your brain, dude. Use your brain.