Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Something must be up. These guys are typically very careful and tight-lipped about what they allow themselves to say publicly. Usually it's not until they're at their wit's end that they make statement like this. See Robin's 2007 message for further info...

"I'm writing now in the wake of the recently postponed and cancelled GNR commitments in Japan and in South Africa," he wrote. "I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website, and I am not on the Bullet Train to Osaka this evening.

"I purely want to share with those whom were avid for seeing GNR at these concerts that I too was looking forward to seeing you all. The band was primed and pumped, production packed and shipped. Then, much to our distress, unforeseen circumstance walked in, dropped its surly case and announced with certainty, 'I'm here!' What can we do.

"I have received innumerable emails from real people who where hooking up with friends or family, flying to faraway cities, booking hotels or friends' couches, docking the USS Kitty Hawk, and otherwise scheduling their time and enthusiasm around these events. In short, these peeps wuz straight stung adrenalized and lettin' me square have it! I too was psyched about the shows, planning to meet friends and family, watch the cherry blossom blossom etc. It is my wish that your bounce forward from here be one of a willful arc and opportunity. Believe me, I'm swallowing that very pill by your side."

He went back to NIN about 6 months later.

however, this was when tommy fell down the stairs, i wouldnt expect them to tour with a bassist that had a broken hand

If Tommy leaves, this band is done..guarantee you guys there will be a trickle down effect..I don't think Bumble would stick around to start over again..

A bit too early for that, don't you think? :unsure:

I can understand why you would think so, but I'm just speculating..and by the looks of those tweets, it doesn't look too far fetched..Sounds like whatever it is that Tommy's pissed about, he's already made up his mind on..

Aren't they in Abu Dhabi? They have a lot of weird rules in that country, even though Abu Dhabi is much more progressive than the surrounding area there are still things you can't do there that are considered commonplace elsewhere in the world. I'd say it's just as likely Tommy's pissed about some rule or law there as something involving Axl/GNR. Unless I'm missing something here?

Something must be up. These guys are typically very careful and tight-lipped about what they allow themselves to say publicly. Usually it's not until they're at their wit's end that they make statement like this. See Robin's 2007 message for further info...

"I'm writing now in the wake of the recently postponed and cancelled GNR commitments in Japan and in South Africa," he wrote. "I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website, and I am not on the Bullet Train to Osaka this evening.

"I purely want to share with those whom were avid for seeing GNR at these concerts that I too was looking forward to seeing you all. The band was primed and pumped, production packed and shipped. Then, much to our distress, unforeseen circumstance walked in, dropped its surly case and announced with certainty, 'I'm here!' What can we do.

"I have received innumerable emails from real people who where hooking up with friends or family, flying to faraway cities, booking hotels or friends' couches, docking the USS Kitty Hawk, and otherwise scheduling their time and enthusiasm around these events. In short, these peeps wuz straight stung adrenalized and lettin' me square have it! I too was psyched about the shows, planning to meet friends and family, watch the cherry blossom blossom etc. It is my wish that your bounce forward from here be one of a willful arc and opportunity. Believe me, I'm swallowing that very pill by your side."

He went back to NIN about 6 months later.

however, this was when tommy fell down the stairs, i wouldnt expect them to tour with a bassist that had a broken hand

haters like to twist the truth....they never tell the whole story only the parts that make Axl and the band look bad.

What does Tommy falling down the stairs have to do with Robin quitting the band?

Even volcano doesn't know who's who in this band :lol:

People who point out logic and play devil's advocate are reduced to 'haters' by those who have no real arguments to the contrary. I was pointing out the fact that these guys rarely vent publicly unless it means they are at their wit's end. I love this band, and hope I'm wrong as this couldn't be good for the release of the next album if Tommy leaves. But if some moron wants to label me a hater for pointing out the obvious...oh well.

Holy Shit guys, calm the fuck down. SRSLY! This can be about ANY FUCKING THING. The fact that so many of you are thinking this is about GNR is insane. Last i checked Tommy is a person who has a life outside of GNR. And MOST LIKELY that life is filled with MANY thing that are near and dear to his heart, and of which could evoke this twitter response....

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I don't think Tommy would broadcast that sort of stuff on Twitter. It probably is like this poster says:

as said above, its most probably to do with something in the country, only thing is the bit where iludes to being done and moving on.

doubt its to do with guns seens as after this they posted sumat on Fb/twitter about ready to rock the yas arena on 16th so...

Then again, it was late in Abu Dhabi; maybe he'd had a few to drink, hadn't slept in a while (he's always tweeting about not being able to sleep) and a whole year of touring was getting to him. Maybe he was just frustrated. Maybe he misses his fiancee and kid. It'll all be over in a few days, let's not jump to conclusions so quickly.

Doesn't look like this has been mentioned here yet, but GNR also posted on Twitter earlier today, seems like it's all systems go according to this tweet, which also had a link for an arena pic:

gunsnroses Abu Dhabi DOOO!!!! Yas Arena, Yas Island is where we ROCK AND ROLL! on Dec 16

Doesn't look like this has been mentioned here yet, but GNR also posted on Twitter earlier today, seems like it's all systems go according to this tweet, which also had a link for an arena pic:

gunsnroses Abu Dhabi DOOO!!!! Yas Arena, Yas Island is where we ROCK AND ROLL! on Dec 16

God...whoever does GNR's twitter should honestly shoot themselves in the foot. God damn.

In the past I have thrown my bass. I have never thrown it at Axl or anyone else in the band nor has anyone thrown my bass back at me ... yet. Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the fuck out of shit they don't know anything about. There was no GN'R mutiny or any such thing after the ... gig and as far as I'm concerned this tour has been the most fun yet. The band is playing great and getting along better than we ever have.

In the past I have thrown my bass. I have never thrown it at Axl or anyone else in the band nor has anyone thrown my bass back at me ... yet. Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the fuck out of shit they don't know anything about. There was no GN'R mutiny or any such thing after the ... gig and as far as I'm concerned this tour has been the most fun yet. The band is playing great and getting along better than we ever have.

Manets, that quote is four years old. :thumbsup:

Holy Shit guys, calm the fuck down. SRSLY! This can be about ANY FUCKING THING. The fact that so many of you are thinking this is about GNR is insane. Last i checked Tommy is a person who has a life outside of GNR. And MOST LIKELY that life is filled with MANY thing that are near and dear to his heart, and of which could evoke this twitter response....

Whoa there buddy! Sounds like you're the one that needs to calm down..Nobodys hating..Just having a discussion..