2011 GN'R Rumors

ManetsBR

I think everyone here who's been around the block a couple times with this band and is a realist, knows that there's only one real "insider" who currently knows what's going to happen with the next album and that's Axl Rose.

However distressful that may be to some, when there's real news regarding the next album, we'll know it because he will have issued some kind of statement or press release. Until then, everything else is just a bunch of rumors and nonsense.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, guns n roses fans remind me of a beaten dog. They dont trust anyone, and the second that someone comes through with any info they flipout and start calling people liars. I only have 1 gnr insider I believe and that is MSL.

Why?

Damn, guns n roses fans remind me of a beaten dog. They dont trust anyone, and the second that someone comes through with any info they flipout and start calling people liars. I only have 1 gnr insider I believe and that is MSL.

Why?

Because apparently he's email buddies with the president of Universal Music Group. :rolleyes:

Why?

Because apparently he's email buddies with the president of Universal Music Group. :rolleyes:

I am asking honestly alot of people think he is insider yet I don't. So I am wondering what has givin him credibility as a Guns insider?

We do have a insider here though, the user Dexter seems to know alot about the inner workings of GN'R, he must be some kind of insider

Edited by gunsguy

Why?

I am asking honestly alot of people think he is insider yet I don't. So I am wondering what has givin him credibility as a Guns insider?

We do have a insider here though, the user Dexter seems to know alot about the inner workings of GN'R, he must be some kind of insider

Would be nice if Dexter paid us visits more often though wouldn't it?

Why?

I honestly don't know. As many of you will recall, he leaked several tracks in 2007 and Shackler's in 08, so many fans revere him as the one who gave us new music when it looked like we would get none in the near future officially. He claims he broke the November 25, 2008 release news, though that's highly disputable.

So I guess he deserves some credit as a person of interest, but I would hardly consider him an 'insider', no offense MSL.

Why?

I honestly don't know. As many of you will recall, he leaked several tracks in 2007 and Shackler's in 08, so many fans revere him as the one who gave us new music when it looked like we would get none in the near future officially. He claims he broke the November 25, 2008 release news, though that's highly disputable.

So I guess he deserves some credit as a person of interest, but I would hardly consider him an 'insider', no offense MSL.

I think that more fair to say he is a leaker instead of insider...

Why?

I think that more fair to say he is a leaker instead of insider...

That's a fair summary. And he may have been more successful at that down the line if he hadn't written that manifesto telling us all how smart he was. I recall them wigging out on him when he wrote that thread which in turn burned all those bridges.

Why?

Well obviously Dexter knows whats up, but very rarely has he ever gave us concrete info of anything. At least with MSL he seems to have some sort of gnr info. In fact if im not mistaken I *think* he was the one who confirmed the CD release date. And plus he did what no one else could do, which was getting us songs to hold us over untill CD was released.

Why?

Well obviously Dexter knows whats up, but very rarely has he ever gave us concrete info of anything. At least with MSL he seems to have some sort of gnr info. In fact if im not mistaken I *think* he was the one who confirmed the CD release date. And plus he did what no one else could do, which was getting us songs to hold us over untill CD was released.

do you think MSL is actually axl? :unsure:

Edited by henfjel

when i heard about axl turning in the record / UMG refusing to release it, it had nothing to do with being a GNR "insider" and everything to do with having a couple buddies that work @ UMG.

as for breaking the best buy story / release date, i was very honest at the time about how i was getting my information. azoff was in bed with rolling stone and controlling what was being reported about GNR. a reporter there was leaking info to me because he was being prevented from reporting it himself.

i've never considered myself a GNR insider, just a big fan. a lot of people love me and a lot of people hate me and i'm koo with that. cats that have been around long enough know that nemus and i busted our asses to get leaks year after year after year . . .

I should have used a different word than "insider" but you do have more "inside" info than anyone else who posts on here claiming to have "inside" info. I mean I think having friends at UMG is more than most people have. And having a rolling stone guy give info to you....I havent seen anyone else on this board with that kind of hookup.

when i heard about axl turning in the record / UMG refusing to release it, it had nothing to do with being a GNR "insider" and everything to do with having a couple buddies that work @ UMG.

as for breaking the best buy story / release date, i was very honest at the time about how i was getting my information. azoff was in bed with rolling stone and controlling what was being reported about GNR. a reporter there was leaking info to me because he was being prevented from reporting it himself.

i've never considered myself a GNR insider, just a big fan. a lot of people love me and a lot of people hate me and i'm koo with that. cats that have been around long enough know that nemus and i busted our asses to get leaks year after year after year . . .

I should have used a different word than "insider" but you do have more "inside" info than anyone else who posts on here claiming to have "inside" info. I mean I think having friends at UMG is more than most people have. And having a rolling stone guy give info to you....I havent seen anyone else on this board with that kind of hookup.

Mysteron is/was a true insider. I'm pretty sure he either works for Universal/Geffen/Interscope or he's a music exec of sorts. Everywhere from pre-sales to Hammerstein, to revealing the Shacklers on Rock Band 2, to the Body of Lies/If The World -- Mysteron, like it or not, was legit.

Mysteron is/was a true insider. I'm pretty sure he either works for Universal/Geffen/Interscope or he's a music exec of sorts. Everywhere from pre-sales to Hammerstein, to revealing the Shacklers on Rock Band 2, to the Body of Lies/If The World -- Mysteron, like it or not, was legit.

Whoever he is, he must have lost whatever connections to the band he had, as he's been pretty mums the word with his predictions in the last year or so.

Why won't Universal release CD II?

I'd like to declare a non violent fatwa against the Universal Music Group. I'm not much of an organizer but maybe we could start a campaign for CD II's release. Write your local congressman or something like that.

Edited by ITW 2012

Most of these rumours are pretty believable. Always thought there was (at least) another album pretty much good to go from the Bucket/Finck/Brain era. Also wouldn't surprise me if Bumble added parts to a lot more songs than those on Chinese. Which means that Ashba would just need to do a few solos here and there. Ashba said the next album isn't ages away and I took Bumble's statement as meaning new, new material, ie not CD era stuff.

It's annoying if Universal are holding it up, just wonder why? Whilst GN'R's popularity may have dwindled somewhat there's still demand for a new album and it could still make money for Universal so why the hell not?

Been following this insider happening and registered to point out a thing I noticed no one seems to have pointed out, while it is the first thing to look at when trying to determine if someone is who they say they are. Look at the way the insiders type, their punctuation and writing style. We all can recognize some of our friends and family by the way they mistype or have their own unique way of typing. Watch this:

demolition: To all the haters : I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.

Remember these words when the album comes out.

I'm out of here

You see how he starts a new line, after he ends a sentence with a dot? He goes to another line by tapping ENTER while there is no need. That is unique, very peculiar. That is the wrong way of going to another line. Now look at the one on NewGNR:

Robin F~: Also, don't be surprised if you hear a previously unreleased song or 2 played live for the first time. From what I hear, Axl is wanting to test the waters. Keep your fingers crossed that it is either "Forgotten" or Atlas Shrugged". Whatever it is, you can be sure that it will be sweeeeeeeet!

He uses the proper way of using the next line, totally different to demolition.

Now look at the way the insider in this thread did:

youthinkso: Axl actually gave up on that after the Azoff thing, so he let it go and was content being a jukebox nostalgia act, which the band at the moment still is.

Axl wants to change that now.

So not all is a happy cakefest as you see it.

Exact same peculiar mistake with the new line after the end of a sentence, after the dot as demolition. Also look at the tone, Robin F~ sounds like a soft kind dork who wants people to like him while demolition and youthinkso are both cold, distant and with a screw you morons-mentality. So in short, people hang on to what the fake insider at NewGNR is saying who claims to be demolition (which he is not) and you made the real demolition go away. Yup, I have lots of free time today.