All Forum bullshit aside, make sure you go see Axl if you get a chance

ITW 2012

saw them twice in 2006. I am not trying to see the same show a third time unless half is new.

Fuck, I'd go see GNR every week if I could!!!

His voice sucked back then. Wasn't till the 2009 tour that it was really up to par again.

2002 sucked. 2006 was much, much better. 2010 was back to awesome.

All Forum bullshit aside, make sure you go see Axl if you get a chance. The man still puts on a show like no other, and you would be a fool to miss him just because you are bitter about the name or the way he conducts business.

Word. He is one of the last rock 'stars'. He lives it & breathes it...and he isn't trying to. All the reasons we/me bitch about him are same reasons he's loved so much. The whole original vs new/nu battle is all fun and games (and more at times), but it's still Axl Rose live! Go enjoy an icon.

saw them twice in 2006. I am not trying to see the same show a third time unless half is new.

Wow.

There are a few bands and artists that I would go see 10 times even with the same setlist each show.

Yeah me too. I've seen A7X about 4 times in the past 2 years and Bullet for my Valentine too.

I would love it if GNR toured every year or every 2. I remember seeing Poison's show about 5 years in a row and they always sang the same songs, but boy they rocked it! They would always have awesome 80's bands opening for them and since I never got to see them in the 80's it was cool seeing them still rock it in the 21 century.

Some bands will always have that magic and Axl and GNR are one of them. Their songs are timeless and with each new generation of rockers, they're songs will live on forever!

Seeing Axl in concert is going to be one of those magically moments and getting to share it with my husband and kids, is awesome!

Wow.

There are a few bands and artists that I would go see 10 times even with the same setlist each show.

For me that band is Pearl Jam. And with them it is a guarantee they would never play the same setlist ever, they are probably one of the best live bands playing right now. They are great to their fans, deliver shows that are consistently over 2 hours long, and always change up their setlist

All Forum bullshit aside, make sure you go see Axl if you get a chance. The man still puts on a show like no other, and you would be a fool to miss him just because you are bitter about the name or the way he conducts business.

+1

I was blown away at how amazing of a show it was when I saw them last year. If people don't go cause it's not the original line up they're gonna miss out on a great concert and a great band.

You post too much, and yes i'm going to see the band this time......Might be their last? :scared:

Edited by 31illusion

Wow.

For me that band is Pearl Jam. And with them it is a guarantee they would never play the same setlist ever, they are probably one of the best live bands playing right now. They are great to their fans, deliver shows that are consistently over 2 hours long, and always change up their setlist

Pearl Jam is an amazing live band. I saw them quite a few times and even saw the last shows at the forum, where they played for 3 1/2 hours, but Pearl jam never created an album on par with the Illusion albums or Appetite.

Wow.

Pearl Jam is an amazing live band. I saw them quite a few times and even saw the last shows at the forum, where they played for 3 1/2 hours, but Pearl jam never created an album on par with the Illusion albums or Appetite.

Totally agree with OP. I've seen many live acts in the past couple of years but GnR would top the lot ( followed closely by Metallica ). Axl and the boys are brilliant - great on-stage chemistry and very passionate about their music. If you see them live and dont find them incredibly entertaining then you are just fucked in the head. Nothing lasts forever, so see them while you can.

You serious? Man, I saw GN'R 8 times in 2007 n once last year and I not once was bored or sick of the show. I've seen Alice Cooper 3 times and his show is pretty much exactly the same each night but it is so entertaining that it's hard to get bored.

Each to his own, though.

Wow.

I agree. I'm actually going to see them on Sunday, but I'd much rather be going to see Axl again. Pearl Jam just doesn't have the big exciting rock songs that GNR has got. They also play too many boring songs like Green Disease and Amongst The Waves.

Wow.

I agree. I'm actually going to see them on Sunday, but I'd much rather be going to see Axl again. Pearl Jam just doesn't have the big exciting rock songs that GNR has got. They also play too many boring songs like Green Disease and Amongst The Waves.

I think pearl jam, like many bands, has the potential to make a hell of a setlist with their song catalog but for some reason chooses no to... :(

I think pearl jam, like many bands, has the potential to make a hell of a setlist with their song catalog but for some reason chooses no to... :(

The easiest thing in the world would be to go out and play just the hits. I like it when bands give their long time hardcore fans more hidden gems.