Guns N' Roses nominated for rock n' roll hall of fame

Rovim

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it, but as much as I would love for some portion of the original group to accept the induction, this will be van halen all over again

No it won't, you will have 4 of the 5 original members there.

Axl can stay home and pout, but he will be the only 1 not there.

That would probably be what ends up happening, I don't see Axl showing up if Slash is there

Hmm, that is most likely to happen, but i think it would be pretty weak for axl not to show, regardless of his hatred towards slash.. After all he is carrying on with the guns n roses brand name and should be proud to accept the induction and show up.. i dunno thats how i see it.. if your confident enough to run with the guns n roses name still.. then you should be confident and proud enough to show up to the bands induction..

It's a 25 year deal right?

If this is the rule than only the AFD

lineup can be inducted?

Am I missing something?

I think the band members present 25 years ago get to choose who they induct if there were any lineup changes. Like James, Kirk and Lars inducted Robert even though he hasn't even released any material with them when they were inducted. But if it's Slash and Duff they will probably leave it with them and Dizzy, Matt and possibly Gilby. I can't imagine Axl not responding with an attack if at least Bucket, Tommy, Robin and Brain weren't inducted. He may even fight for Bumble and Chris too. Tommy and Chris have been in the band for what...13 years?

Does it have to be a unanimous vote by the original five to induct additional band members other than the original? If so NO ONE post Illusions will get in UNLESS there is some kind of deal made with Axl , original performance for letting nuguns members in.

This is gonna be extremely intersting. I tried to find the rules on this with no success.

The band decides who gets in (like someone mentioned Rob from Metallica)

Axl will definately want Chris, Tommy and Dizzy in there at the very least.

i think tommy should be in, but for his work with the replacements.

dizzy, i can see a small argument for, based on his longevity. if sorum gets in (which i doubt), dizzy should too, i guess.

pittman? uh...no.

If Jarmo's really censoring Rock and Roll Hall of Fame talk over at HTGTH, it's safe to say Axl is pissed about all the hype the story is getting.

I bet he doesn't show.

the only mention is in the "dead horse" section, no one's posted on it since yesterday evening, and everyone seems to be in agreement that the new band should get in.

so i'm not sure if he's censoring things or not. :rolleyes:

that site's a fucking joke.

Source- RS (online) today-

If Guns N' Roses are inducted, the group's longtime fans will certainly be hoping for a reunion. "I have no idea how that's supposed to go," Slash said in a 2010 interview when asked about a Hall of Fame reunion. "If Axl, Duff, Izzy and myself start communicating, it could go one way. It we don't, God knows."

In a 2008 fan forum interview, Axl Rose was asked about the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "Never thought about that," he wrote. "Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now."

I think the current line-up.... you know Guns N' Roses the band should be inducted and perform. All former members chose to quit / get fired have missed the boat.

We know what you think. :rolleyes:

But there's no boat to miss, the people who wrote/played the songs/albums which merit the Hall Of Fame status are being inducted. :shades:

If Trujillo could stand up with Metallica and be inducted then surely any member of Guns could do likewise? Do the RnR HOF have a specific policy regarding memebers who've replaced others in bands? I mean, at the end of the day Axl's not going to show up anyway...

So do the original guys (AFD lineup) decide who else gets in ?

No

Correct. Pretty sure it's up to them (Axl/Slash et al) to decide if they can grow up and get along for what could be a truly epic evening. Even the anti Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven (or Matt) crowd would probably enjoy seeing the real deal if even just for one magical evening. Ofcourse all of this hinges on IF they even get inducted. But as I've predicted, Axl will have zero interest in showing no matter what line up it might be. Maybe Bach will show and accept the award for him?

Edited by Snowmass

No

If Jarmo's really censoring Rock and Roll Hall of Fame talk over at HTGTH, it's safe to say Axl is pissed about all the hype the story is getting.

I bet he doesn't show.

the only mention is in the "dead horse" section, no one's posted on it since yesterday evening, and everyone seems to be in agreement that the new band should get in.

Why is it a joke? Because you don't agree with them? I can easily say it's a joke to see Adler in the HOF.

it's a joke because it allows no dissenting opinion at all (unless the question is something like "is axl awesome or is he SUPER awesome?") i could care less if people agree with me, but it would be nice to have my viewpoint represented. the censorship that goes on there is the reason i don't post there anymore.

steven adler has become as much a punchline as axl rose has in the past few years. but they both play on what is, in my opinion, the best rock and roll record ever made. without AFD, we aren't having this conversation...hell, without AFD, this board doesn't exist. if gnr gets in, adler should get in. there is no debate.

No

I bet he doesn't show.

Why is it a joke? Because you don't agree with them? I can easily say it's a joke to see Adler in the HOF.

Its a joke because I mentioned something vaguely positive about Duff at one time and Jarmo was all over me critisizing my opinion and basically slagging him off for being in VR. Then the second he gets on stage with Axl Jarmo could not kiss Duffs ass more. Pathetic little Finn.

I voted for GNR. They are second now. Red Hot Chili Peppers are first. Please I hate those guys.

I also saw that the Small Faces are nominated. Rod Stewart used to be the singer to that band. I've seen them live a few times. I would love to see them get in too, but overall I want GNR definitely.

My son asked me if he thought Axl would show up? I know Slash will since he said it on the Metal Show. I'm sure Steven and Duff too. Not sure about Izzy, although he really should.

I definitely think Axl should show up since he is a MAJOR Part of GNR. I think he should show up and Izzy, Duff and Steven could stand between him and Slash.

I doubt they will sing, but hey you never know. I totally understand people not forgetting or forgiving things from the past. I have issues with people from my past and can't forgive either, but this would be an amazing honor for GNR to be inducted in the Hall of FAme and I don't think this should stop any of them from appearing to accept it, but I highly doubt Axl will want to play with Slash.

Maybe they can have another band play one of their songs. It's been done before, so if it gets Axl to appear on tv, that's fine by me. It would suck big time, if Axl stayed away because of Slash. And I hope that Matt Sorum realizes he should not be there at all!

Source- RS (online) today-

If Guns N' Roses are inducted, the group's longtime fans will certainly be hoping for a reunion. "I have no idea how that's supposed to go," Slash said in a 2010 interview when asked about a Hall of Fame reunion. "If Axl, Duff, Izzy and myself start communicating, it could go one way. It we don't, God knows."

In a 2008 fan forum interview, Axl Rose was asked about the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "Never thought about that," he wrote. "Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now."

WEll, I guess that answers the Axl question. As for Slash's comment about communicating, I highly doubt it. The only communication seems to be Axl expressing his deep hatred for Slash and it doesn't seem to me that Axl has changed his opinions. I guess then it would be Slash, Steven and Duff and maybe Izzy, but probably not the man himself Axl Rose. Too bad. It would be awesome to see them just one last time standing on stage together. But I will respect Axl's thoughts on the matter.

My bet: Slash and Steven will be there, most likely Duff as well. Undoubtedly not Axl, and probably not Izzy either. Therefore, I don't care about this induction at all. I may check out some videos though if the band who does the tribute is interesting. If the Illusion(/tour) members are inducted Gilby will come too, otherwise not, Matt will very likely be there either way. Dizzy not likely. Later members have very little chance to be inducted.