Best albums of 2011

username

It's not an attitude man, I really meant what I said.

How big is the chance here that people know anything about Dutch hiphop because it's all in Dutch and the only people that speak it are people from Holland and Belgium.

Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Meh, I'm not really expecting many people here to know Heideroosjes either. But I list em anyway. Hell, someone might even check them out.

While we're on the subject, I really wouldn't be able to name one decent Dutch hiphop album that came out this year. So I dare you.

(in fairness, I'm not that into the whole dutch hiphop scene, but you never know)

In no particular order:

DKM - Going Out in Style

Mahones - The Black Irish

Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Sebastian Bach - Kicking and Screaming

Adele - 21

Tony Bennett - Duets II

Kanye West and Jay-Z - Watch the Throne

How could I forget: Sixx:AM - This Is Gonna Hurt

Edited by axlslash

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Monroe’s album Sensory Overdrive is pretty killer..., and line-up on it is real killer:

Monroe, Ginger (Wildhearts etc.), Sam Yaffa (Hanoi Rocks, NY Dolls etc.), Steve Conte (NY Dolls etc.) and Karl Rockfist.

Later Ginger was replaced by Dregen (Backyard Babies, Hellacopters etc.)

And btw (about Duff), "Sensory Overdrive won The Best Album of The Year award at the Classic Rock Awards. Other nominees included Foo Fighters, Motörhead and Whitesnake to name few.

The 7th Classic Rock Awards ceremony was hosted by the legendary Gene Simmons at Roundhouse in London. There were Deep Purple, Scorpions, Motörhead’s Lemmy Kilmister, Steel Panther, Jeff Beck, Queen’s Brian May, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, Chrissie Hynde and other big stars of the rock world. The award was handed by Duff McKagan who praised the band, saying that Monroe deserves all the world’s attention."

Since the end of the year is in sight, it's time for this thread again!

What are the best albums of 2011?

Let's try not to include compilation albums here.

My top 6, in no alphabetical order:

- Adele - 21

- Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa - Don't Explain

- Flogging Molly - Speed Of Darkness

- Maria Mena - Viktoria

- Matt Schofield - Anything But Time

- Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down

The final Heiderooses (Dutch punk band that has existed since 1989 and simply one of the best bands ever) album, "Cease Fire", will come out in November, no doubt it'll be absolutely awesome.

I forgot Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl.

Fantastic album!

RHCP - I'm With You

Machine Head - Unto The Locust

Unto The Locust is a great album, I hate all these people going 'waaah it's not as good as The Blackening' it's like well duh! I think it more than stands its ground. This Is The End and Who We Are are the only ones i'm a little uncertain on, the former because the lyrics are just too bland but the song is great, the latter just seems so cheesy but it somehow works lol.

As for I'm With You, I like a handful of songs, really like them, but the rest haven't been able to get into yet, will give it a couple months still yet.

Michael Monroe’s album Sensory Overdrive is pretty killer..., and line-up on it is real killer:

Monroe, Ginger (Wildhearts etc.), Sam Yaffa (Hanoi Rocks, NY Dolls etc.), Steve Conte (NY Dolls etc.) and Karl Rockfist.

Later Ginger was replaced by Dregen (Backyard Babies, Hellacopters etc.)

And btw (about Duff), "Sensory Overdrive won The Best Album of The Year award at the Classic Rock Awards. Other nominees included Foo Fighters, Motörhead and Whitesnake to name few.

The 7th Classic Rock Awards ceremony was hosted by the legendary Gene Simmons at Roundhouse in London. There were Deep Purple, Scorpions, Motörhead’s Lemmy Kilmister, Steel Panther, Jeff Beck, Queen’s Brian May, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, Chrissie Hynde and other big stars of the rock world. The award was handed by Duff McKagan who praised the band, saying that Monroe deserves all the world’s attention."

Jesus, what a bunch of shit albums you like, and this applies to most of you in this thread. Didn't I already make a thread about his? Here try this instead:

It's from 2011 so it applies.

Take this with a grain of salt.

I have similar favorites to what has been posted here, but a couple that have not been:

Megadeth-TH1RT3EN

Anthrax-Worship Music

Alice Cooper-Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Foo Fighters-Wasting Light

Primus-Green Naugahyde

Chickenfoot-III

(Not Really New, But Were Awesome) Ozzy-Blizzard and Diary ReReleases