Your concerts in 2012

Zint

I'm happy to say I can add Slash in London next week to my list. I got tickets as an early birthday present from my sister. :thumbsup:

I'm in the VIP section (sold out).

Are you going for all the bands?

Thunderstorms scheduled for afternoon,thundershowers for evening. :(

I missed this comment a few weeks ago. Yes I went for all the bands. Luckily the rain mostly held off except for that ten minutes or so of downpour. Of course, the fire hose didn't help matters later on. :lol:

I got my tickets for The Who. Opted for the Hamilton show in February since I popped up (much) better seats for that. Technically it's a 2013 concert but I'll add it here.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed some good shows this summer because I didn't know about them until it was too late :( I didn't know until now that Robert Plant played in London in July. Eddie Vedder had two shows at Hammersmith Apollo, which is actually within walking distance of where I live now, but I only found out when I saw it on the marquee. There was a scalper selling tickets but they were way too expensive. I decided against seeing Queen + Adam Lambert but I think i should have gone.

I've only got Slash left this year, and maybe that Marshall 50 show, but that's seated so I'll only go if I can find a decent seat that wouldn't ruin me financially.

Guest Len B'stard

I saw PiL on Saturday...a reporter tried to strangle me, was quite funny

Why?

Sounds like you went full "sugaraylen" on the guy!

Y'know when you're in the front and the reporters line up under the stage and take photos of the band as they play? Well being an ignorant little fool with too much alcohol in me i suddenly was transported magically to 1976, a time when reporters were persona non-gratia and leans over and smacked his camera out of his hand :lol: Was suprised actually, he went right for my throat, odd really, you dont kick off fights by grabbing for someones throat, don't you think? Leave yourself a bit susceptible, which he did, punched him like, on the ear and he just kinda went back and then all his reporter mates bundled him away, took all of 4 seconds, was such a silly thing to do too, dunno why i did it, poor guy was only doing his job, it's just...sometimes...like...

y'know :xmasssanta:

Proper put his hand around my throat though, what was i meant to do? :lol:

Im still fucked from that gig now, serious man i dunno whats wrong with me, fuckin' calves, head, shoulders, ribs are all sore, hips all fuckin' bruised, was jumping about with a fair degree of aplomb i guess but i always do that, never felt this fucked for it.

Nearly got my comeuppance to at Baker Street Station, i'm standing there and to be honest i don't even remember how the conversation started i was so drunk but they said something and i said something REALLY stupid like "i might be Al Qaeda" or God knows what, something ridiculous like that and these guys square up to me and one of ems like "don't you ever fuckin' mention that name in public in this country again you fuckin' black cunt" :lol: Now, i was drunk but i'm never that fuckin' drunk, you know what i mean? By the look of them they could've fed me my own thighs so i just went "yeah, congratulations on your sense of humour boys" took my fuckin' cheeseburger and left quickly before they decided they wanted to snap me in half :lol:

So there you go, you go around gobbing off and it's comes back round on ya. Occured to me later what a stupid comment that was...being that i was on the trains...in London...near where 7/7 happened...in the middle of the Olympics, and there's me, beard and long hair...no wonder they took fuckin' exception :lol: Didn't occur to me til after though, it was just a joke! Can't even properly remember what i said but it was something along those lines, something like "you never can tell these days, i might Al Qaeda" or something similarly ridiculous. Could've got a fuckin' pasting there and no fuckin' mistake.

Edited by sugaraylen

Last night I saw one of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen in my life.

Leonard Cohen played a 33-song 3,5 hour show at the Sint Pietersplein in Ghent (Belgium) on the opening night of his Old Ideas world tour. And this was nothing short of pure magic.

Literally got goosebumps reading that setlist.

I can't wait to see this tour in December.I'm very close to the stage.

Don't think I can film being that close, but I will audio record in WAV.

It's been a few years since I've seen him, really looking forward to it. B)

Hey username & Zint, great to hear you guys are Cohen fans! I saw him here in Australia 18 months ago and it was a religious experience! There is no one like him on this planet. Waiting For the Miracle, Dance Me To The End of Love, Famous Blue Raincoat, the Stranger Song and Suzanne were extraordinary. In fact everything was extraordinary. One of the best shows I have ever seen. I feel really privileged to have been able to see him live. He's not so young anymore. Bless him, he's just awesome. :thumbsup:

Why?

Y'know when you're in the front and the reporters line up under the stage and take photos of the band as they play? Well being an ignorant little fool with too much alcohol in me i suddenly was transported magically to 1976, a time when reporters were persona non-gratia and leans over and smacked his camera out of his hand :lol: Was suprised actually, he went right for my throat, odd really, you dont kick off fights by grabbing for someones throat, don't you think? Leave yourself a bit susceptible, which he did, punched him like, on the ear and he just kinda went back and then all his reporter mates bundled him away, took all of 4 seconds, was such a silly thing to do too, dunno why i did it, poor guy was only doing his job, it's just...sometimes...like...

Proper put his hand around my throat though, what was i meant to do? :lol:

Im still fucked from that gig now, serious man i dunno whats wrong with me, fuckin' calves, head, shoulders, ribs are all sore, hips all fuckin' bruised, was jumping about with a fair degree of aplomb i guess but i always do that, never felt this fucked for it.

Nearly got my comeuppance to at Baker Street Station, i'm standing there and to be honest i don't even remember how the conversation started i was so drunk but they said something and i said something REALLY stupid like "i might be Al Qaeda" or God knows what, something ridiculous like that and these guys square up to me and one of ems like "don't you ever fuckin' mention that name in public in this country again you fuckin' black cunt" :lol: Now, i was drunk but i'm never that fuckin' drunk, you know what i mean? By the look of them they could've fed me my own thighs so i just went "yeah, congratulations on your sense of humour boys" took my fuckin' cheeseburger and left quickly before they decided they wanted to snap me in half :lol:

So there you go, you go around gobbing off and it's comes back round on ya. Occured to me later what a stupid comment that was...being that i was on the trains...in London...near where 7/7 happened...in the middle of the Olympics, and there's me, beard and long hair...no wonder they took fuckin' exception :lol: Didn't occur to me til after though, it was just a joke! Can't even properly remember what i said but it was something along those lines, something like "you never can tell these days, i might Al Qaeda" or something similarly ridiculous. Could've got a fuckin' pasting there and no fuckin' mistake.

Jesus Lenny, what you doin to yourself? Did the alcohol temporarily turn your brains to mush or something? Take it easy, dude. Geeeeeeeeez! :o

Guest Len B'stard

Why?

Proper put his hand around my throat though, what was i meant to do?

Nearly got my comeuppance to at Baker Street Station, i'm standing there and to be honest i don't even remember how the conversation started i was so drunk but they said something and i said something REALLY stupid like "i might be Al Qaeda" or God knows what, something ridiculous like that and these guys square up to me and one of ems like "don't you ever fuckin' mention that name in public in this country again you fuckin' black cunt" Now, i was drunk but i'm never that fuckin' drunk, you know what i mean? By the look of them they could've fed me my own thighs so i just went "yeah, congratulations on your sense of humour boys" took my fuckin' cheeseburger and left quickly before they decided they wanted to snap me in half

Jesus Lenny, what you doin to yourself? Did the alcohol temporarily turn your brains to mush or something? Take it easy, dude. Geeeeeeeeez! :o

It was a jokeee, it was said it a joking voice i mean, i'm standing in a queue in Burger King ordering a bacon double cheeseburger, hardly very Islamic, is it? :rofl-lol:

Hey username & Zint, great to hear you guys are Cohen fans! I saw him here in Australia 18 months ago and it was a religious experience! There is no one like him on this planet. Waiting For the Miracle, Dance Me To The End of Love, Famous Blue Raincoat, the Stranger Song and Suzanne were extraordinary. In fact everything was extraordinary. One of the best shows I have ever seen. I feel really privileged to have been able to see him live. He's not so young anymore. Bless him, he's just awesome. :thumbsup:

Another amazing artists I became a fan of through this forum. More specifically, through legendary forum member nameless_girl. ^_^

And yes, everything you just said and more regarding the experience of seeing him live. :heart:

Guest Len B'stard

Another amazing artists I became a fan of through this forum. More specifically, through legendary forum member nameless_girl. ^_^

And yes, everything you just said and more regarding the experience of seeing him live. :heart:

I might've guessed it'd be Nameless or Angie :lol: The Future is his best album i think.

@GTF: hows living round those ends rent-wise? :)

Depends on what kind of conditions you're looking for. It varies quite a lot and you can tell by the facades of the buildings and the people walking out of them. It's a mosaic and you'll walk down a high street and one side street will have shoddy looking houses that seem to be on the verge of collapse and the next side street will have BMWs parked there.

I live in a converted hotel, where the rooms have been repurposed for long term rent. It's not exactly luxurious but the location is excellent and I only pay £100/week all bills included so I'm quite happy about it. Other flats I've seen when I was looking last month usually went from around £120 to £160 for bedsits and from £160 to £250 for full studios.Singles, that is. Add at least 30% for twins.

Edited by GivenToFly

I might've guessed it'd be Nameless or Angie :lol: The Future is his best album i think.

I think I beat Leksi to getting a Cohen tattoo! :heart: The Future is my favourite album of his too, even though I'm not really comfortable agreeing with you about things. :question:

Guest Len B'stard
Hey username & Zint, great to hear you guys are Cohen fans! I saw him here in Australia 18 months ago and it was a religious experience! There is no one like him on this planet. Waiting For the Miracle, Dance Me To The End of Love, Famous Blue Raincoat, the Stranger Song and Suzanne were extraordinary. In fact everything was extraordinary. One of the best shows I have ever seen. I feel really privileged to have been able to see him live. He's not so young anymore. Bless him, he's just awesome.

Another amazing artists I became a fan of through this forum. More specifically, through legendary forum member nameless_girl.

And yes, everything you just said and more regarding the experience of seeing him live.

I think I beat Leksi to getting a Cohen tattoo! The Future is my favourite album of his too, even though I'm not really comfortable agreeing with you about things. :question:

You got a Leonard Cohen tattoo?!?! :lol: Of what, his saggy arse?!?! :lol: This is priceless, OK, you got me, i'm curious, what exactly does a leonard cohen tattoo look like, young lady? :lol: I swear to fuckin' God Angelica, that is so funny, thats like getting a Norman Lamont tattoo or something!

I had a pretty long break after Bonnaroo, but the past few weeks have been great (311, Slash, and Dropkick Murphys all within 6 days) and my fall is shaping up to be pretty fucking awesome.

9/6 - Matt Embree (RX Bandits) - TT The Bears, Cambridge, MA

10/6 - Dispatch - Aggannis Arena, Boston, MA

10/19 - GZA - Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA

10/20 - Primus - Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA

10/24 - Rush - TD Garden, Boston MA

11/2 - State Radio - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel, Providence, RI

12/6 - State Radio - Higher Ground, Burlington, VT

boom. What do others have lined up?

Edited by Mansin Humanity

You got a Leonard Cohen tattoo?!?! :lol: Of what, his saggy arse?!?! :lol: This is priceless, OK, you got me, i'm curious, what exactly does a leonard cohen tattoo look like, young lady? :lol: I swear to fuckin' God Angelica, that is so funny, thats like getting a Norman Lamont tattoo or something!

Cohentat.jpg

It's the interlocking hearts from the Book of Mercy cover, not his 'saggy arse' you inappropriate weirdo. And I got it at the Rising Dragon parlour underneath the Hotel Chelsea for maximum geekitude. ^_^

Edited by Angelica

Guest Len B'stard

You got a Leonard Cohen tattoo?!?! Of what, his saggy arse?!?! This is priceless, OK, you got me, i'm curious, what exactly does a leonard cohen tattoo look like, young lady? I swear to fuckin' God Angelica, that is so funny, thats like getting a Norman Lamont tattoo or something!

Cohentat.jpg

It's the interlocking hearts from the Book of Mercy cover, not his 'saggy arse' you inappropriate weirdo. And I got it at the Rising Dragon parlour underneath the Hotel Chelsea for maximum geekitude.

I take my prior piss-taking back Angie, that actually looks really cool, i thought maybe it'd be him with a lone tear running down his face, smoking a cigarette, exhaling and blowing out the words 'So Long Marianne' in Marlboro smoke or somethin :lol: But no, that looks pretty fucking cool and tasteful :)

And sort out the Ikea furniture darling, for fuckssake :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I just saw The Beach Boys (incl. Brian Wilson!)

Other concerts I plan to attend in 2012:

Fu Manchu

Sabaton + Eluveitie

WASP (30 years of thunder tour, http://www.waspnation.com/waspnation.htm)

Korpiklaani+Wintersun+Varg+Trollfest

Within Temptation (Elements, one time anniversary-show)

Graveyard

Monster Magnet

Edited by st0n3r

You got a Leonard Cohen tattoo?!?! Of what, his saggy arse?!?! This is priceless, OK, you got me, i'm curious, what exactly does a leonard cohen tattoo look like, young lady? I swear to fuckin' God Angelica, that is so funny, thats like getting a Norman Lamont tattoo or something!

Cohentat.jpg

It's the interlocking hearts from the Book of Mercy cover, not his 'saggy arse' you inappropriate weirdo. And I got it at the Rising Dragon parlour underneath the Hotel Chelsea for maximum geekitude.

I take my prior piss-taking back Angie, that actually looks really cool, i thought maybe it'd be him with a lone tear running down his face, smoking a cigarette, exhaling and blowing out the words 'So Long Marianne' in Marlboro smoke or somethin :lol: But no, that looks pretty fucking cool and tasteful :)

And sort out the Ikea furniture darling, for fuckssake :lol:

Lol, that's the apartment I was renting in Harlem. The owner was very into Ikea. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Cohentat.jpg

I take my prior piss-taking back Angie, that actually looks really cool, i thought maybe it'd be him with a lone tear running down his face, smoking a cigarette, exhaling and blowing out the words 'So Long Marianne' in Marlboro smoke or somethin But no, that looks pretty fucking cool and tasteful

And sort out the Ikea furniture darling, for fuckssake

Lol, that's the apartment I was renting in Harlem. The owner was very into Ikea.

Was gonna say, you've never struck me as an Ikea gal :lol: