Duff is opening the Seattle and Vancouver shows

ITW 2012

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also read one of Duff's bandmates in Loaded was in Tommy's band, so there's more than Axl and Duff passing each other in the arena hallways.

It's a lot more than you'd think

Quote from Duff's book: (p.356)

"And I'd been a fan of the guy who replaced me on bass - Tommy Stinson - for decades. He was an original member of the legendary Replacements, underground heroes of the 1980s. I must say I had a blast watching them all at the O2 Arena - and the band played awesome."

when i saw loaded last year they played dust n bones among other gnr gems. pretty fucking cool!

I really miss Izzy singing with that laid-back voice 'Dust N' Bones' and '14 years'.

The duet parts between him and Axl were amazing.

Maybe Guns N' Roses should have two bass players? Or three. Throw in Les Claypool there too for some funk and slap.

Les Claypool would have been perfect for the weird years with Bucket and Finck. But I'm glad Tommy's stuck with us all the way!

Well he's been in the band for a shorter amount of time than the current bassist, Duff was in Guns for about twelve years and Tommy's now been in for thirteen I think so it's all good, both awesome in their own ways, nice to see Duff back and pretty cool to see him open for a band he was a big part of in the past!

Maybe this is a bit of the classic mygnr reading far too into things, but doesn't this hint that Axl approves of Duff's book? I'm sure Axl has read it, and if he violently disagreed (which is the only way he seems to be able to disagree) with any of it I doubt Duff would be opening.

Cool thing to see :krider:

I never thought I'd see the day Duff opened for 'GNR'...... Jeez

LA

I agree "Jeez"!

I find it incredibly amusing that some can't take the fact that Duff is showing support for the new band :)

Ali

Sure you do!

Aw, does it really bother people that Axl and Duff can accept where they are at and have made peace with the past, while also show a willingness to embrace the present and future? That's sad.

Ali

At the end of the day these are musicians who want to play live in front of fans. Only a few odd fans are stuck in high school feud mode.

I'm not in "feud mode". It is just such a come down for Duff. Someone on another board said it perfectly. "At least he knows his place".