Duff is opening the Seattle and Vancouver shows

ITW 2012

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see it confirmed! Anyone is going is sure to have a good time. Extra Guns material for sure - So Fine, Attitude, etc... in Duff's set (definitely no repeat songs) and then Duff probably joining on stage for a few tunes later on in Guns set. Wish I could be there! :thumbsup:

even though i'm not too crazy about loaded or even velvet revolver, i am stoked that i might be able to hear can't put your arms around a memory, so fine, dust n' bones, attitude, new rose......

I'm more stoked at the prospect of Duff guesting with GNR. This concert is going to be killer.

Edited by ITW 2012

Duff will play with Axl and later in the GnR set to help the build-up. Still, some of the songs he is an easy-in for are played early on. It will be interesting to see if they move something like ycbm to a later spot... Also, I call now that you will see Izzy join Duff on a song this tour, probably patnce.

Edited by mcalldp

This is awesome, and I'm jealous. But can't help but feel weird about it also. Duff opening for a new Guns N' Roses just doesn't seem right to me.

Does seem a bit odd indeed.

However, I am too young to have ever seen the original Gn'R play, but when Duff joined the stage in London, the atmosphere was electric.

I also read one of Duff's bandmates in Loaded was in Tommy's band, so there's more than Axl and Duff passing each other in the arena hallways.

I'm pretty sure Duff will join GNR for a couple of songs, but he might just focus on his band and watch the show with his family and bandmates. I'm sure Axl's going to want to give something extra to the Seattle crowd with Duff in the house.

There prob. will be some Rock Hall talk, but I just think they'll congratulate each other, and the only thing Duff will bring up is asking Axl if he's thinking of going, and get an indecisive, "I don't know, maybe" answer. He'd prob. just say after the shows "call me before then, have a good Xmas & New Year" and part ways.

I don't see them getting too deep into it.

Great news.

If this results in a joint appearance at the HOF, with the new lineup that would be great too - though at this point it would still seem highly unlikely.

But, the biggest plus is that Duff appearing with what some call "Axl's band' puts his stamp of approval on the fact that "GNR is Axl's band" :)