Slash wishes happy bday to AXL!

Ana_1991

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no problem with calling him "the redhead" because it seems more in jest/roasting him than anything. I've got red hair and it's hardly uncommon to be called "Red" or "Ginger" or something along those lines. Actually, calling him "the redhead" to me sounds very casual, similar to saying "old buddy" or something. Maybe it's just me.

The fucken bias in this thread is absolutely disgusting.

The man wished Axl a happy birthday and people are dissecting why he called him a 'redhead'? People are saying that Slash and Axl were always 'business associates" only? Axl only took Slash into the band after Slash persisted? Guess you guys didn't hear about Axl praising Slash's guitar abilities countless times.

The man wished Axl happy birthday. Nice gesture. Period.

Edited by Young_Gun

It's not just you.

:thumbsup:

This thread has been good for a laugh though. Unbelievable how far some people can read into a birthday greeting.

The man wished Axl a happy birthday and people are dissecting why he called him a 'redhead'? People are saying that Slash and Axl were always 'business associates" only? Axl only took Slash into the band after Slash persisted? Guess you guys didn't hear about Axl praising Slash's guitar abilities countless times.

Amen.

Oh c'mon, it's not disgusting. It's kind of sweet, actually. And let's be fair, both sides do their fair share of pagan idolatry with both Axl and Slash. ; )

But you are right- if Slash called him a ginger, that might be somethin to discuss, but even me, the oft-accused-Axl-nutswlnger, thinks "redhead" was totally innocent and dare I say even a bit affectionate in a non-gay way.

To be honest, Slash's tweet blew my mind a little bit, but I think it's one piece of a larger puzzle where eventually there won't be so much ill will towards eachother. Like when Axl told the story about Slash a few months back, I thought that was funny and not derogatory- he was recounting good times.

In the end, there can be a truce. Hell maybe there already is one.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

I see no problem with calling him "the redhead" because it seems more in jest/roasting him than anything. I've got red hair and it's hardly uncommon to be called "Red" or "Ginger" or something along those lines. Actually, calling him "the redhead" to me sounds very casual, similar to saying "old buddy" or something. Maybe it's just me.

Not just you, I saw it as an affectionate term too. Means nothing more, nothing less than a birthday greeting to an old buddy. Now people are on about the "r" word again - when will everyone realise it's not gonna happen. dry.gif

I look forward to Axl and Slash mending fences, mostly so these people will shut the fuck up.

Agreed. I've never understood why people take things so personal when such matters do not even concern them. The only relationship fans have to musicians is their music. Outside of this, you're an idiot if what they do matters to you.

I'm a huge Axl fan, but whatever beefs he has with Slash is between Axl and Slash. Why people get so angry when either one has something to say about either is beyond logic.

Unless Slash/Axl or any musician has ever done you personal harm (and this does not include any preconceived notions of what they may or may not have done to destroy your favourite band), any ill will you posses towards these people is moronic and lacks any form of reason.

If Slash wants to wish his former singer happy birthday, the man should be allowed to do so without scorn. If for whatever reason it leads to a reconciliation of the two then that's great if that's what both of them want. But if it doesn't, how does this affect anyone other than the people involved in the exchange.

Anyway, I feel like I've wasted enough time talking about this. For those who have issues with this, the issues are your own. Grow up.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

I look forward to Axl and Slash mending fences, mostly so these people will shut the fuck up.

Agreed. I've never understood why people take things so personal when such matters do not even concern them. The only relationship fans have to musicians is their music. Outside of this, you're an idiot if what they do matters to you.

I'm a huge Axl fan, but whatever beefs he has with Slash is between Axl and Slash. Why people get so angry when either one has something to say about either is beyond logic.

Unless Slash/Axl or any musician has ever done you personal harm (and this does not include any preconceived notions of what they may or may not have done to destroy your favourite band), any ill will you posses towards these people is moronic and lacks any form of reason.

If Slash wants to wish his former singer happy birthday, the man should be allowed to do so without scorn. If for whatever reason it leads to a reconciliation of the two then that's great if that's what both of them want. But if it doesn't, how does this affect anyone other than the people involved in the exchange.

Anyway, I feel like I've wasted enough time talking about this. For those who have issues with this, your issues are your own. Grow up.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yup. Not only am I a huge Axl fan, I've generally been on his side in this dispute all along. But that doesn't mean I have to bend over backwards to criticize Slash every 5 seconds. Some things are Axl's fault too, and Slash does have some redeeming qualities. Then there's the fact that without either of these guys, GNR never produces the music we know and love. The Slash-bashing gets so silly, it almost always makes the person making these outrageous statements look like a complete moron ... and as you mentioned, this is regarding people they have never even met.

There are times when it's fair game to criticize Slash (or Axl), but I really don't see the point in doing so just because one wished the other happy birthday in a fucking tweet.

Oh c'mon, it's not disgusting. It's kind of sweet, actually. And let's be fair, both sides do their fair share of pagan idolatry with both Axl and Slash. ; )

But you are right- if Slash called him a ginger, that might be somethin to discuss, but even me, the oft-accused-Axl-nutswlnger, thinks "redhead" was totally innocent and dare I say even a bit affectionate in a non-gay way.

To be honest, Slash's tweet blew my mind a little bit, but I think it's one piece of a larger puzzle where eventually there won't be so much ill will towards eachother. Like when Axl told the story about Slash a few months back, I thought that was funny and not derogatory- he was recounting good times.

In the end, there can be a truce. Hell maybe there already is one.

I like this post. Kudos to you :)

If Duff's B-day wasn't almost on the same day I feel it never would have been mentioned. Slash rarely talkes about Axl.

So I enjoy him saying anything. It's cool. Axl needs to get over himself and just talk to Slash with calling him names.

And some think Slash is the bad one? *coughbullshitcough*

You realise you have a man who sucked penis for drugs in your sig? I can't take you seriously.

Total cheap shot. Are you gonna bring up what happened to Axl as a child or teen too? JFC!

Let's get real. Axl & Slash were never friends. Axl never wanted Slash in the band from the get go. Slash just kept hanging around until they caved in. Slash used to take Axls demo tapes out and put his in. Does that sound like a friend? All he is trying to do is make peace so he can interrupt the best GNR lineup to date, because he's an attention whore. The RRHOF is coming up and he wants a piece. Trust me. Slash knows he fucked up. He should just apologise already.

This must be the biggest pile of shit I have read in a while.

the best GNR lineup to date

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Very cool, but he wont go onstage with you at the HOF. Sorry!

Axl needs the reunion more than Slash.

I don't think anyone needs a reunion atm. They've all cemented their legacy (whether that be good or bad) and anything form this point onwards seems like a bonus.

I think a reunion of sorts would be nice down the line simply so that everyone can get some closure out of it and the whole matter can be put to rest...

Edited by KiraMPD

Very cool, but he wont go onstage with you at the HOF. Sorry!

Axl needs the reunion more than Slash.

:rofl-lol:

WTF?!

Axl don't need Slahs, compare the GNR tour with Slash tour. Who need who?

On topic: Great for Slash, he wishes happy birthday in a cool way.

You were probably just trolling, but still...

Let's get real. Axl & Slash were never friends.

Axl responds to Slash saying 'If it falls apart tomorrow, you know what I mean. You're history. No one gives a shit about you anymore': I'll be your friend. I still be your friend [interview with Axl and Slash, 1988].

Slash is trying too hard to get back in GNR. It's really sad and pathetic. Just apologise already Slash.

An apology will not get him back into GNR. Nothing ever will.

Oh I agree. But Axl still deserves an apology from Slash for breaking up the band.

oh come on