Feb 16 at Hiro Ballroom

Spirit

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it utterly stupid that Guns play these kind of venues... once again it's reserved to an elite of rich people who don't know the true GNR. Guns becomes a prostitute luxury band when they accept doing these stupid shows...

We're really gonna complain about this? That they're playing a show. Who gives a fuck where? They've only done a handful of 'em.

Anyway, shocked to see You're Crazy opening up the set. Is this gonna be like the Rose Bar or what? Barely got any CD songs then.

I find it utterly stupid that Guns play these kind of venues... once again it's reserved to an elite of rich people who don't know the true GNR. Guns becomes a prostitute luxury band when they accept doing these stupid shows...

We're really gonna complain about this? That they're playing a show. Who gives a fuck where? They've only done a handful of 'em.

Anyway, shocked to see You're Crazy opening up the set. Is this gonna be like the Rose Bar or what? Barely got any CD songs then.

I really don't remember that much about Rose Bar, are we expecting a short setlist?

I agree. If they were playing the standard setlist with no surprises it wouldn't bother me, but we had to way two years for them to play Used To Love Her and You're Crazy again after they played it once at Rose Bar in 2010 for only a few hundred people.

guys it's not about you all the time, they're a group of guys who like to play music and maybe they wanted to have a private show for all their friends n' family in new york...what's wrong about that? you had 3 shows open to the public, let them have fun in private too, can't have it all

I see the side of the coin you're speaking of, but let's be real, if you were in the band's shoes and someone offered you a pile of cash to play, wouldn't you? Based on what Axl mentioned concerning the financial arrangement from the last tour (ie. no one was making any more, and by that I mean any real money - I'm sure they all got paid, just not their normal fee), shows like this might be necessary to keep up the lifestyle.

It would be great for GNR to play for only the hardcore faithful, but how do you figure out who those people are? I just don't see how you practically implement what you suggest. The closest I see is what GNR has done with the other club shows.

Cheers,

Andrew

ppffttt....you'd go if you could

Setlist:

You're Crazy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Used To Love Her

This I Love

Rocket Queen

This is how they should start off the shows from now on ;)

tee hee

You're a clever little monkey...haven't figured out who you are yet.