2/27 - Philadelphia official discussion

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK!!!! Has anyone without VIP gotten up to the barrier at the earlier shows? I'm hoping the crowd'll be sparse enough early that moving up won't be too hard. Figure that with this being a Monday in a city that HATES GNR (check out WMMR and the Electric Factory facebook pages, DAMN people don't like this band!), moving up won't be too hard to manage if the VIPs are sparse enough.

FUCK!!!! Has anyone without VIP gotten up to the barrier at the earlier shows? I'm hoping the crowd'll be sparse enough early that moving up won't be too hard. Figure that with this being a Monday in a city that HATES GNR (check out WMMR and the Electric Factory facebook pages, DAMN people don't like this band!), moving up won't be too hard to manage if the VIPs are sparse enough.

It's not that people hate the band, it's the fact that everyone goes with the flow basically. They use the same "Axl didn't show in 2002" nonsense...um people, he was just in the area 2-3 months ago, it sold out, and it kicked ass. Does no one remember that?!

Presale in an hour! Anyone else buyin'?

:thumbsup:

We'll work together to fight off those VIP sons of bitches, 15 minute early access or none. Take em down!

You can still get on the barrier if you're not VIP. Would've worked for me had I walked the correct way at Terminal 5 <_<

And on short notice and with AC not selling out its VIP packages, I don't see it being too tricky. Just hope the circle-pitters don't show up for this one - the one downfall of the Factory. Well, that and the fact that it's fucking impossible to take public transportation there.

We'll work together to fight off those VIP sons of bitches, 15 minute early access or none. Take em down!

You can still get on the barrier if you're not VIP. Would've worked for me had I walked the correct way at Terminal 5 <_<

And on short notice and with AC not selling out its VIP packages, I don't see it being too tricky. Just hope the circle-pitters don't show up for this one - the one downfall of the Factory. Well, that and the fact that it's fucking impossible to take public transportation there.

What would be the closest train station to get off at and cab it from?

What would be the closest train station to get off at and cab it from?

8th street, If you're coming in the day time, save yourself the trouble and $$ and walk. It's about a half a mile north of Market (where the 8th street subway stop is) on 7th street. If you really wanna cab, do it from 30th or Suburban/15th - there are cab line-ups there so you won't have to flag one down.

I'd say it's walkable, but not a short one. It'll take you between 15min and half an hour to get there, but probably quick enough that it isn't worth the cab fare. Night time is probably a different story, and then I'd suggest a cab. But afternoon, heading over to line up, definitely walkable.

I'd say it's walkable, but not a short one. It'll take you between 15min and half an hour to get there, but probably quick enough that it isn't worth the cab fare. Night time is probably a different story, and then I'd suggest a cab. But afternoon, heading over to line up, definitely walkable.

Too dangerous at night?

The area isn't terribly sketchy. It's more sidewalks that are the issue - there are spots where sidewalks pop up or end (under highway overpasses for example) where being able to see a block or two ahead of you is good. It's not an area where you have to be terribly concerned, but definitely not the easiest walk.

Designed a GNR "Philadelphia Flyers T shirt Jersey". Might try an get this made for the AC and Philly Show this weekend. Had to re-design the new logo from scratch but I got it pretty close. What ya guys think? I also would love to make one for each band member. Any ideas what number each member should get? :thumbsup:

14aeyv8.jpg

46-36592-Y.jpg