To you, what's the best Gn'R outro ever?

Nosaj Thing

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be November Rain purely due to the shear brilliance if it. That end bridge/outro MAKES the song! All the elements come together perfectly; the piano, drums, bass and symphony build up the atmosphere towards that epic solo/outro of Slash's guitar lead coupled with Axl's raspy screech... there is just nothing else quite like it imo. Those last 2 minuets ARE. EPIC!!!

After that I guess it would have to be...

PC > Nightrain > Coma > TWAT > rest

No Double Talkin' Jive ? And Coma \ There was a time .

Double Talkin' Jive was a monster when played live, I love the song but I just think I listed songs that are really but really masterpieces (considering the 'outro' as the best part of the whole track). To me, Locomotive's outro is like another whole song. The wah-wah, the harmonic bend along with extremely beautiful Matt drumming makes an entrance to a whole different level of music and... to make it perfect we have Axl motherfuckin' Rose with the "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, love's so strangeeee". It's just pure magic, something I could have never expected from these guys (Axl and Slash). :shrugs:

This is a pretty cool question. When I was reading the first post before looking at the poll options, the first thing that came to mind was that I would have no choice but to vote for Breakdown, lol. Only to find it wasn't an option. I disagree on this point, LOVE that outro. But certainly one of the things that makes a lot of GNR songs great are the outros.

Ended up voting for Rocket Queen because the outro is fucking brilliant, but also had to consider There Was a Time. As others have mentioned, that November Rain outro is epic as well. Hell, they're all great!

Prostitute

+1

The outro for Prostitute is simply beautiful. It relaxes my whole body when I listen to it. It's a great way to end an even greater album.

+2

The end of Prostitute is mind blowing! I can imagine hearing that while entering heaven. :thumbsup: